Crafters Discussion

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
With New Expansions and with Mythic looking at updating the Game they seem to have left out Crafters again.

What is Point of Having a Crafting System in a game if Bonuses on everything is going to be better than what Crafters can make.

I'm sure all crafters will say it takes long time to get they Skills high enough not to mention the Cost of the trade they do in getting LGM and How Slow it takes.Mythic ought to be looking at How Crafters could be more Beneficial to they Realms.

It Seems Mythic since SI have bypassed the skills of a Crafter which is a Shame it's there in game for people to do but no incentive once you do it.

What you like see Mythic do ????

Soulja

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I've heard rumours that Mythic are going to take a long look at crafting and have been asking TLs and prominent crafters on US servers for suggestions. Of course this may or may not be true and if it is true it may or may not turn into something useful but it's a small ray of hope. I agree that crafting at the moment is little more than a waste of cash unless you're a SCer.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Armour crafting, Tailoring, SC and Alch are all thats needed these days and even then its nothing like it used to be, i just dont bother crafting anymore as there is no point for me to do it, i do take the odd SC order, but no longer advertise. You spend hours trying for MP and when you do make it people complain about the price, in the time it takes me to make an MP (on average) i could have made 2 or 3 times as much scroll farming.
Mythic really need to take a look at the crafting, they wont though, like most broken things in this game, if they cant make money out of fixing it they arent interested.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
I understand the sentiments behind and agree with all that's been said so far.

I've started charging well above normal prices for almost everything. A masterpiece set that I used to sell back in the good ole' days for 16 to 18 plat I now won't touch unless the person is willing to pay at least 25 to 30 for. We're talking between 6 and 10 hours solid crafting to make that set.

Now it's almost always 3 or 4 pieces I'm asked to make to complete a template, and almost never a chest piece, so some may think that the profit I'm making charging 20 plat for gloves, boots, helm and sleeves is a bit much, but as has been mentioned above I can make 3 or 4 times the profit even from these inflated prices during the time it takes to make them if I go scroll or arti farming.

So for me anyway, the high prices are here to stay.. People are no longer paying me for the materials and a percentage profit, people are paying me for my time. Even a set of battleground armour I'll now charge about 250 gold for as a minimum (unless they are new to game in which case I still make a random quality set for between free and cost, depending on how good a mood I'm in)

on the whole, peopl,e are understanding about why, and often are happy to pay the prices. Some have close friends who will make them at cost, and that's fine, I have been known to do likewise.

I'm glad Mythic have stated they will review this though. Crafting used to be one of THE most social aspects of the game.. can anyone remember the swarms of crafters and customers chatting away in Camelot City, then in Cornwall station, and finally in Caer Diogel?... I think more friends were made that way than anywhere else, because people got the chance to actually talk without having to worry about mobs etc etc spoiling everything. And friends is what keeps most of us in the game.

Here's hoping the change is a good one, radical in its way, and enough to maybe put the 'crafting swarms' back on the map.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Some easy to implement and helpful things that would restore crafted gear and crafters to their rightful place, or at least a useful one:

1) Remove the need for armourcrafters to have a tailor
2) Alter crafting so it breaks even on the resale and does not use up cash.
3) Give a significant bonus chance to getting a masterpiece on an item that is grey to you
4) Give a +1/+2% amount to ALL item quality in getting a masterpiece if you are crafting in your capital city.
5) Give the ability to form crafting "groups" that give greater chance of a masterpiece if they use a mutated form of /assist on the person crafting
6) Add a "utility only" value on top of all crafted armour piece to allow them to be imbued with multiple weak utility effects or one strong one (e.g. Shade form, SL, battler type charge, etc etc you get the idea).
7) Give crafters the ability to restore durability to items by "recrafting" them with say certain rare materials you can only hunt to get in your inventory
8) For all crafter trades at all levels <600 or so give the person a larger skill increase per attempt - example you get 10 per skill increase at 0-100, 8 at 100-200 etc etc.Would bring it in line with the xp system then.

Just a few ideas that might help bring crafting back to life.Some good, some not so good - comments?

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
annoyed

I spent a long time + and a lot of money getting a LGM Weaponcrafter + Nearly LGM Alchemist...Which went right out the window as soon as TOA came along. Admittedly I've more than made cash back from salvage then i ever lost but it took a long time to get there and a incredible amount of wasted time. Its just feels (untill mythic fix crafting) that for all the hours/days i put into crafting, all i've ended up with is a salvager + breathing potion/ dye maker! :twak:

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
to be imbued with multiple weak utility effects or one strong one (e.g. Shade form, SL, battler type charge, etc etc you get the idea).
I don't want people like grimster-wormz-hellghost(who uses arti charges every second) around.I bet many people would agree with me.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Mythic tend to work on the latest and greatest new thing, however they badly ignore everything else which may need tweaking. By the time Mythic get round to fixing the old parts of the game, the thing they're fixing tends to be very old and stale.

Two things I'd like to see with improved crafting...

The possibility to add any ToA bonus to an item. ToA artifacts would still be useful for their abilities, if they're not then change the damn artifact to provide a useful ability.

Simple spellcrafting. I don't want to spend ages switching items on a damn spellcraft calculator to figure out whats the best bonus I could get if I rearrange the gems. Each item should allow a generous amount of gem slots (8, maybe), with each gem offering a set number of points, no bonuses for the first stat, and offer every value for stat (no STR gems going in values of 3, or only odd numbers for resists, etc.).

I seriously doubt Mythic will bother working on crafting just yet though. Horses are much more important! ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
High Fletching hasn't any use whats so ever now days. :(

Drops/Arts > Crafted Bows
Drops/Arts > Crafted Staffs

And shop bought arrows are just quicker and easier, to get then making your own arrows, most archers can even summon a merchant at their feet!

Maybe same goes for WC, tho AC/Tailoring is still required for MP armors to go alongside all the super drops/arts.

Just seems to me that crafters now days are for making PvE gear (if you've the money to SC but then again might as well just find some rogs), people that tweak their stats in BGs and salvage odd bits n pieces.

Would love to see some things added, but I wouldn't know what, I've an idea of a small addition, which would be to let the crafter make different skins for items, so we all don't look the same. :p

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
The golden age for all crafters (now the only ones who have any turnover are those who are Armourcrafters, Tailors, Alchemists and Spellcrafters) was when Scing and Alchemy got introduced and people moved from the 91% dropped items which had stats to using player crafted 94%+ items they could imbue. I suspect that if TOA bonuses (or catacomb bonuses) and also a wider range of procs could be implemented in Scing and Alchemy, that would be a boost to all crafters, especially as the only thing stopping an exact copy being made when the first wears out is cash (unlike artifacts). TOA did try a little with legendary weapons but any market for those soon dried up.

Interestingly enough, the Roleplay TL report actually states that housing has ruined the social element of the game and the traditional crafter's markets. I remember when both TNN and Domnann were busy in /b channel with all sorts of sales and there were a few people at the forge crafting. Whilst the convenience of housing cannot just be dumped (sales when offline, extra storage, etc.), idea's such as bonus quality when crafting in the capital city, quality through reputation, increased MP chance when an item is grey, etc would be a benefit to all.

Personally, other than for alts and a few guildies, I haven't made many weapons in over a year although I am a good salvager! I think I will have done maybe 2 MPs this year and maybe a few last year. So for me as a weaponcrafter, business isn't booming.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Some easy to implement and helpful things that would restore crafted gear and crafters to their rightful place, or at least a useful one:

1) Remove the need for armourcrafters to have a tailor
-Maybe

2) Alter crafting so it breaks even on the resale and does not use up cash.
-Definatly NOT !! It would mean the crafting market would get even more dead - just spend time crafting without worrying to gather any cash needed

3) Give a significant bonus chance to getting a masterpiece on an item that is grey to you
-Well, since you craft grey stuff faster, you already today can do more retries in a set amount of time - thereby increasing the chance to get a MP compared to noncapped crafters

4) Give a +1/+2% amount to ALL item quality in getting a masterpiece if you are crafting in your capital city.
-You can do quests to get +quality already...
But if you mean the chance to make a MP in the capital city increases to 3/4% instead of 2%, then it might be a good idea

5) Give the ability to form crafting "groups" that give greater chance of a masterpiece if they use a mutated form of /assist on the person crafting
-Interesting idea...But only if it is other crafters of the same trade, otherwise I'd just log on tailorer or bot and assist craft :p

6) Add a "utility only" value on top of all crafted armour piece to allow them to be imbued with multiple weak utility effects or one strong one (e.g. Shade form, SL, battler type charge, etc etc you get the idea).
-Maybe not ToA/arti stuff/effects, but they could surely add some more stuff for alchemists/spellcrafters to imbue/enchant into crafted stuff

7) Give crafters the ability to restore durability to items by "recrafting" them with say certain rare materials you can only hunt to get in your inventory
-That's a good idea if they let the stuff drop in the hardest SI dungeon - that way they could even revitalize tuscarian glacier etc

8) For all crafter trades at all levels <600 or so give the person a larger skill increase per attempt - example you get 10 per skill increase at 0-100, 8 at 100-200 etc etc.Would bring it in line with the xp system then.
- Nah, it's plain silly/fast as it is to reach 600 in most crafts already

Just a few ideas that might help bring crafting back to life.Some good, some not so good - comments?

I added my coments below each suggestion ;)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Krakatau said:
Well, since you craft grey stuff faster, you already today can do more retries in a set amount of time - thereby increasing the chance to get a MP compared to noncapped crafters

Fact is as a LEGENDARY crafter you shouldn't have to remake a grey item (around level 30) 20-30 times before you get a masterpiece. After all it was a while since a LGM crafter was just a MASTER crafter or GRANDMASTER crafter - they're sodding legendary and should get the item in a few tries.

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Fact is as a LEGENDARY crafter you shouldn't have to remake a grey item (around level 30) 20-30 times before you get a masterpiece. After all it was a while since a LGM crafter was just a MASTER crafter or GRANDMASTER crafter - they're sodding legendary and should get the item in a few tries.

I totally agree...Legendary implies that (within reason) your gonna make a masterpeice. How can you be Legendary if you make the same run of the mill shite a grandmaster makes.....however.....If i was a grandmaster crafter..I'd be pissed alll the work was going to the LGM crafter sat opposite me..Ergo giving me no incentive/income to continue crafting. Perhaps...rather than it being a issue over quality (every lvl has same chance to make MP) a LGM crafter can combine 3-5 of same item to make a MP rather than a stupid amount of remakes...or alternativly..combine 3-5 of same item to give some sort of ToA style bonous (i.e cap raise to constitustion)..then Spellcrafter, when imbuing, can combine x amount of jewels to make another ToA bonus, Say Arch magery, and last of all Alchemists could also imbue some sort of ToA charge when combining 3-5 items to make say for example a defensive proc buff....

All in all...Crafted should be equal to arti lvl..Perhaps very expensive to get to arti equivlant (with odd rareish ingrediant thrown in like with LGM weapons) but it would making it equal can only be a good thing... Arti's are here to stay reguardless...Having a good alternative to sitting at a spawn spot for 16 hours can only a be a good thing.
:touch:
:eek2:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
maybe its something they should put into the next expansion, these new zones will need something (apart from the champ levels) to draw people into them.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Totally agree with Posts here but since SI when Alc/SC came in Mythic have made NO Effort at all in up grading Crafting System in Game.

Does any GM know if in future Patches Crafting is being looked at ? really would like to know not Rumors but viable evidence they are.

Soulja

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Very Nice like Quality of it Hope Mythic give a Response to it.

Nicely thought out Btw.

Soulja

Aeva

Banned
Nice thread tbh interesting to read other peoples ideas and thoughts on crafting.
though i guess ive ruined it with my utterly crap and useless post

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Nerf warlocks, baseline stun, insta mez, bainshees, sm intercept pet.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom