Crafters come help!

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
I want to get my chanter to lgn tailor (at 800 atm) but get so bored at takeing 1 minute to craft 1 peice of leather what do you lgn's crafters do to pass the time:p?

teratera

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
I want to get my chanter to lgn tailor (at 800 atm) but get so bored at takeing 1 minute to craft 1 peice of leather what do you lgn's crafters do to pass the time:p?

Öhm... macro craft while sleep MAYBE

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Elkie said:

put windowed mode on download some movies, watch tv, watch anime, read fh, chat on msn i just drag the window so i can see just the top of the screen where the craft status bar is... dont really get THAT bored crafting its ok if your doing other stuff if i had my ps2 still i'd play ff7 or ff10 ^_^

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
teratera said:
Öhm... macro craft while sleep MAYBE

dont do that, you'll be banned....

but on the subject of crafting couple of things you can do to alternativly,

1. crafting quests for %to skill up increase
2. craft cloth stuff, cloth has a better chance to skill up, as it doesn't require leather to make, then once you hit lgm, skill leather up via sub-class's... trust me this works, i have ALOT of crafting experiance

but while you craft... set up a games console in the room where your comp is and play a game, watch tele, watch recorded stuff, abuse msn... pritty much everything Darkmack said, however, unless you have an increadibly fast internet connection download stuff isn't time effective, gives you ingame lag, thats unbearable! also its like 5hours+ for a episode 30mins long

basicly find something that entertains you...
i have a friend that goes rvr while crafting(hes a strange man, but im lucky coz he doesn't read fh often:p)
you can read a book(hehe)
you could do some housework/homework or clean out draws you never go into to free up some space
you could even search the internet for them classic sites, like the matrix pinball thing
you can pay people to craft for you while you sit and relax:)(did this for 600-900 on alchemy:p)

theres plenty you can do, but playing doac whiled crafting is hard to do

however my personal favorite is to set up my laptop and watch re-runs of red dwalf/monty python on it

...in short time flys when your having fun...

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
i got 20 odd plat on hib atm is that enough to get my tailoring to 800-1000 odd? and yes i know what items to craft so save money <3 motog's

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
For starters, use the higher recipes. Motog has ran a series of tests that while the cost is nearly the same it has advantages getting skill gains faster.
Anything that makes skill gain faster is welcome news.

In addition run the tool quests enough times to not to worry about going back and doing them other times.

Then it comes down to whether you have 2 computers or just one. With just one the windowed mode is probably better whereas with 2 computers you can do something on one (watching movies, playing other games etc.) while crafting on the other.
A good old fashioned book is also an alternative.
If you want to doing housework with breaks for pressing buttons to craft can also provide relief from crafting.
Other than that is always a good chat in the guild or alliance chat that can make crafting more bearable.

P.S.: The method used by Motog will not raise your leather/wood/metalwork. To get these skills up the fastest (and cheapest) way is to trinket up to 300 or 400 with the secondary skills, then switch to Fletching (wood and metal), Armorcraft (leather) and Weaponcraft (metal and wood and leather) to raise them. You will gain skill in the secondaries even if your main skill is lower as in AC for example just being 200 and leather 600. You will gain leather skill even if AC is low as the check on gaining secondaries is on your main crafting skill. As long as Tailoring is higher than the secondary in question you will have the benefit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
download TV a few series and watch them in the movie window on MXNs UI (or any UI with a window) dont be tempted into using a macro only the feeble minded do that

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Elkie said:
i got 20 odd plat on hib atm is that enough to get my tailoring to 800-1000 odd? and yes i know what items to craft so save money <3 motog's
U maybe need 10p max when going 1-1000 in tailoring :p
So i think u neeed about 3-5p from 800-1000.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Raimo said:
U maybe need 10p max when going 1-1000 in tailoring :p
So i think u neeed about 3-5p from 800-1000.

ive spent about 1.7 plat getting to 800 i think around that maybe 2.5 plat max

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
just bought my house again so got forge and 2 merchants apprentice and grand master, ps raven how do i watch movies with the ui ive never used the movie window

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Elkie said:
just bought my house again so got forge and 2 merchants apprentice and grand master, ps raven how do i watch movies with the ui ive never used the movie window
Put windows media player or what ever started,make it full screen.
Then open Daoc window,let the media player play behind daoc window.
Then open the video window from UI and make it almost full screen size.
And then u can see movies.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Raimo said:
Put windows media player or what ever started,make it full screen.
Then open Daoc window,let the media player play behind daoc window.
Then open the video window from UI and make it almost full screen size.
And then u can see movies.

cheerz m8, was chilling out watching some gettysburg :p made 70points in tailoring so not bad xD

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
cost me no more than 4p to get 1150 tailoring tbh :p

and i just bound my craft key to space bar and just smacked it with my foot as i lay on sofa watching tv :D

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
thing with tailoring is, u can do it anywhere.. so do other stuff in meantime.. farm mobs.. and craft during downtime, just remember to take a load of stuff with u. prolly end up with more cash than u spend on materials in first place.

tailoring is by far and away easiest to do because u can do it anywhere and coz of cost, just gotta remember to use cap on other crafts every 50 levels or so to get MW/WW/LW maxed as well for trinketing.

20p is more than enough.. reckon it costs about 5-6p for LGM tailor with other secondary skills capped.. at the very most. sure it gets time consuming, but combine with other stuff and it flys by :)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
ilaya said:
thing with tailoring is, u can do it anywhere.. so do other stuff in meantime.. farm mobs.. and craft during downtime, just remember to take a load of stuff with u. prolly end up with more cash than u spend on materials in first place.

tailoring is by far and away easiest to do because u can do it anywhere and coz of cost, just gotta remember to use cap on other crafts every 50 levels or so to get MW/WW/LW maxed as well for trinketing.

20p is more than enough.. reckon it costs about 5-6p for LGM tailor with other secondary skills capped.. at the very most. sure it gets time consuming, but combine with other stuff and it flys by :)

atm im 889 tailoring
57 wc
33 ac
220 mw
56 woodworking

should i be getting all these up to a certain point?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sounds silly but;

Material skills are odd, if you have say 400 Metal skill and 0 Weapon craft skill and then start making lvl 1 weapons, you will still gain Metal skill points do WC up to around 400 and then a little bit of fletching and some AC and you can get 1-800 netal in no time.

can do this with any base material skill, its far cheaper and faster.

edit you dont need WC/AC or anything to trinket metal, just the metal working skill.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
ilaya said:
thing with tailoring is, u can do it anywhere.. so do other stuff in meantime.. farm mobs.. and craft during downtime
Do alot of mine while farming fireisland now, can trinket drops for more cloth/leather and craft while pet tanking down the boss mob which takes 5-10mins.

If you in a hurry skilling up is a pain, but got both my lgms (and 9xx alchemist) in quiet times, watching tv, when tidying room, etc., doing other stuff, it comes pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom