Crafters and ToA

Hooly

Fledgling Freddie
Was wondering what will happen to us crafters with ToA and the great new stuff that can be farmed there.

Anyone have some info from US ?

Is Armor to be MP now for anyone to buy, and what about SC and ALchy ?

Comments appreciated :)

Seline

Fledgling Freddie
Well people will still need crafted things and those things inbued/alcd. But I think that it won't be as much as it has been before, obviously due to artifacts and new drops and such. Templates used to use say 5-8 or so crafted items, but that will probably drop to 3-5 perhaps, as I expect most people will want a nice artifact weapon, or a nice shiny purdy chest piece or a shield with a big eye in the middle :)

Also, because more drops/quested items will be being used, it will be hard to cap everything with 99% crafted items, so im guessing people that want to cap everything will want MP.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Which will pretty much force the price of Masterpieces up, as 99%'s will no longer sell to keep the prices of Masterpieces down.

Darzil

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
some crafters can have hard time but read more and more messages crafted set is still really good or must in rvr.
weapons are mainly priory what incoming from toa area but believe armours is still 99% from crafted.

bonuses what artifact armours offers are so nerfed now in US server, its hard to make desent template whit them, 1-2, maybe 3? parts is ok but after that? some resists start leave behind really badly.

personally think now is small break and when peeps start do more and more rvr, there is crafters who is needed more and more.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i used 99% armor on zerker :p

probably just demand for chain that will fall due to it being so damn expensive :D

Hooly

Fledgling Freddie
Now about 4 weeks after ToA, i can say that i almost sold nothing from my consigns, all my MP chain is still there, no studded what so ever has been sold, and the only pm's i get, is for mp boots/gloves (cheep ones)

So, i'm thinking of removing all 99% and sell it back, got a fortune stuck in this :)

Hope that it will get more back to normal soon, but hey ... i havent had that much free time doing other stuff as i have now :p

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed a slight decrease , but my CM is still doing his job pretty well... :fluffle:

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
Prices seemed to drop with the advent of the Player Markets in housing zones.

I only finished skilling up my Tailor & ACer about that time. I had planned to make sets of armour & try to make money from them.
But being able to compare prices using explorers seems to have driven down the prices.
It doesn't seem worth making armour to sell cos there's no longer any money in it, especially with the unpedictable number of retries.

In fact now that I need a new suit of chain for one of my characters it barely seems worth making it myself. It's probably cheaper to bargain hunt a suit from the CMs

All somewhat disappointing.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not selling anything from my merchant except for thid level weapons. None of my af102 armour has sold for ages despite the fact that it's priced at pretty much materials cost (i.e. the same as everyone else is charging).
Find it pretty crappy that a skil I've sunk 70 odd plat and 15+ days /played into is suddenly written off like that. It was bad enough not being able to make any money on it but to have it made completely useless just takes the biscuit.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Find it pretty crappy that a skil I've sunk 70 odd plat and 15+ days /played into is suddenly written off like that. It was bad enough not being able to make any money on it but to have it made completely useless just takes the biscuit.
if you really spent 70 odd plat on becoming lgm ac'er you must have done something completely stupid wrong ... costs around 15p if you only skill up on low orange to blue con studded boots/gloves/sleeves ... if you skill up on red con hauberks and breastplates you actually deserve to have wasted some cash :)
anyway, I'm not making much money from my AC'er at the moment either (too many undercutting twats) BUT my sc'er is having a great time now! everyone needs new sc'ed stuff for their TOA templates! :clap:
and no, it's not even MP pieces, plain normal 99% armor etc ...

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
I gave up on making level 50/51 tailored stuff awhile back. (No sympathy for the armourers and weaponcrafters who can't sell stuff now -- feel my pain :p )

But I keep 99% level 30 and 40 cloth and leather on my CM and it has been selling steadily and consistently since housing came out. It still is.

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Should start to sell some armour stuff soon i think, most people are prolly waiting to see if they get any good rogs or something they can use instead of crafted stuff.

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
ive yet to find a dacent set of ToA armor for a tank. its weapons thats important. the only good ToA armor is oceanus cleric set for the bb :eek:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
if you really spent 70 odd plat on becoming lgm ac'er you must have done something completely stupid wrong ... costs around 15p if you only skill up on low orange to blue con studded boots/gloves/sleeves ... if you skill up on red con hauberks and breastplates you actually deserve to have wasted some cash :)
anyway, I'm not making much money from my AC'er at the moment either (too many undercutting twats) BUT my sc'er is having a great time now! everyone needs new sc'ed stuff for their TOA templates! :clap:
and no, it's not even MP pieces, plain normal 99% armor etc ...

It didn't cost me 70 plat to get to LGM, it cost me about that to get to capped LGM. I spent enough time crafting that I can figure out the cheapest skilling strategy thank you.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
It didn't cost me 70 plat to get to LGM, it cost me about that to get to capped LGM. I spent enough time crafting that I can figure out the cheapest skilling strategy thank you.
no real reason for an AC to get caped apart from trying to impress girls with it or to waste some excess money :cheers: (and it's a myth that it's easier to get MP's when you're caped... almost the same rubbish as the myth that you need to be LGM SC'er to imbue 5.5pt oc, lol)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Where did I say that I deliberately tried to cap or that I did it to improve my chances of getting MPs?
I know how crafting works and I know what is and isn't true. Frankly I find your patronising and sneering tone to be offensive. Kindly fuck off.

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
Am glad it's not just me that feels there's no money in ACing at the moment.
One of the main reasons I skilled up my ACer & Tailor is so I didn't have to ask people to make them for me.
Housing zones changed all that.

I was still hoping to be able to make my own mp set for my shammy & sell the 99%s to cover some of the costs.
Doesn't really look likely now. :(

I'm gonna trawl through the explorers to find out just how cheap it would be to buy a mp set now. And whether it's worth making one myself.

Almost wish I'd left ACing at 1000, so I could hinge Arcanium, & not bothered with tailoring at all.

Still, a Guildie did mention that he couldn't find any mp leather for sale on explorers so maybe all is not lost!

And, as somebody else said, my SCer seems to be getting work. :)

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Where did I say that I deliberately tried to cap or that I did it to improve my chances of getting MPs?
I know how crafting works and I know what is and isn't true. Frankly I find your patronising and sneering tone to be offensive. Kindly fuck off.
at least I know how to control my language... if you feel offended by my comments I must have hit a nerve... :twak:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
at least I know how to control my language... if you feel offended by my comments I must have hit a nerve... :twak:
No I just object to being sneered at by someone who claims to know what my motivations are.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
You seem to have ower-reacted.. Chrystine simply said that there is no reason for capping ACing, IF you were not after doing <bla bla bla>

she didnt say what your intentions were, and you taking that little as an insult, and getining all fierd up by it, seems to show how little you can take before you go ower the edge and start flaming ppl...

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
Trouble is that crafters dump the prices for 99% instead of just selling it to merchants.

I've seen 99% items on CM's well below materials cost. Go figuer.

protvanglad

Fledgling Freddie
I'll put it that way: Armorcrafting is dead. Not because of TOA only. It was dying long ago and TOA gave the final shot.

Lets talk about MP parts.
The usual price until a while ago was the cost of 50 retries + 10-20% profit.
I dont think that ppl are willing to pay that much. Especially if things go wrong and you get something like 70-80 retries for MP. All LGM crafters know that this can happen. You may have hopes ofc that you will compansate by getting lucky afterwards and making MP in less than 50 retries. This could happen or may not.

I have a very recent memory when I was asked to ask a price for full MP chain set and when I said 14-15 p I was laught at.

I have LGM tailor, AC, WC and recently dinged ALCH.

What do I do with them?

Well, actually I use my Armorer for hinging and trinketing. I also I'm happy to make everything that I would need of by myself. Except SC, but I'll get to that as well.
I never take orders now. I'd craft if not for me, for guildies and friends at cost and no profit.

My statement would be: if you want to use your trade for profit you have to be very carefull and dont expect much. On the contrary, you may end up with less.

Kind regards

Gayner

Fledgling Freddie
I mainly use my Armorcrafter to salvage/hinge, but business has been cool recently, its not like everyone runs around with all toa parts, your template would be shite

maybee scalars, GoV, possibly battler sleevers or somthing equiv so theres stil space for mp boots legs, head.

i dont really stock my CM with MP armor becuase to be honest it dosent sell that well but browse the boards, watch IRC get to know people and you start to get the odd pms

Ofcourse it helps to be as good looking as me but not everyone can be THAT lucky

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
protvanglad said:
I'll put it that way: Armorcrafting is dead. Not because of TOA only. It was dying long ago and TOA gave the final shot.
omg, such rubbish ... people are happy to pay almost ANY price for MP chain ... I have NO problems selling MP legs and crowns for 6p per piece ... only 99% stuff isn't selling anymore, but who cares about 99% if you can make a nice profit with MP gear now? :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom