Crafted armor, whats the point of masterpieces?

Udgaardsloke

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand that there are the same amount of imbue points on 96% qual items as there are on masterpieces, but is there then any reason to buy meh self masterpieces of chain armor for my warrior anymore? im planning on coming back after a years break, and ofc i need to pimp my ol warrior up. Im just not sure what to buy anymore :p

any help would be greatly appreciated!

McDee

Fledgling Freddie
only difference now is that masterpieces give slightly more armour factor than 99-96% but the lost armour factor can be made up by base af buff, other than that and even at taht there are no great penalties for using sub 100% armour now

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
There were rumours that the quality of the armour effected the chance for reactive proc's to go off. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
quality of the armor doesn't affect proc rates or anything, just the Armour Factor it provides.

An AF102 100% quality armour piece provides true 102AF, and 96% one just about 98AF.
Those missing AF points can be compensated with pretty much every baseline AF buff. In the old days that AF buff actually had a purpose, since armour had just 85% (some even just 70%) quality.

Conclusion, an MP was only worth the extra money while it provided more imbue points, now there's no noticable difference as long as you can get your hands on an baseline AF buff.

P.S. but a perfect suit of armour wears sooo much more comfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom