Crackling speakers...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have a problem when I turn the speakers on my PC on. They emit an interferency/crackling noise for about 10-15 minutes and then are fine. Would I be right in saying this rules out a dodgy connection somewhere because they're ok after a while?

I have Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 (very old) speakers connected to an Audigy 4 Pro (not so old) sound card. It's doing it now - it's annoying and distracting and it needs to stop. :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Do they have a volume control? Might want cleaning with a quick squirt of switch cleaner.

Or it could be the electronics in the amplifier, perhaps a leaky capacitor or a dry joint.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Could be one of the chips on the way out, and the noise reduces as all the bits warm up due to [some property of the system].

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
i had a problem with mine where there was a constant "hummmmmmmmmm" that fixed it by opening the sub that has all the circuit bits in and fiddling with the little capacitors till the noise stoped, erm... then again... don't do this on my advice as im sure its dangerous :S

Kryten

Old Cow.
The old creatives are very well known to pick up interference from surrounding sources very easily. Used to pick up a couple of FM radio channels on my old Four points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom