Cplcarrots first RvR Flame thread

C

cplcarrot

The balance is nice.

If u guys keep shouting nerf every 3 days we gonna ruin what IMO is a nicely balanced game, improve your realm by improving your communities, communication and team play ethic.

Why not stop whinging cos u aren't uber solo and start working on teamplay. albs have superior numbers but inferior teamplay

I gotta agree with the hibernians on this one, they worked as a group for a long time now, so there team play is better.

I have been in groups of 8 albs and we have performed excellently against larger numbers of hibs and mids and both close and long range, and we rocked!. I refer to outings with the corporation and GOL alliance & a failed hib relic raid recently.

maybe one realm does have better individual classes, but lets look at the realm as a whole.

<waits for the inevitable "your an inf stfu" replies, infs get a raw deal in PvE and have extreme patience in RvR, so we have a hard time too, but at least I try work as a team and not spend all my time whining in forums about overpowered realms or the fact that some other class is better in PvE>

end of, my "flamiest post ever"

R

[RG]Thorey

Originally posted by cplcarrot
The balance is nice.

If u guys keep shouting nerf every 3 days we gonna ruin what IMO is a nicely balanced game, improve your realm by improving your communities, communication and team play ethic.

Why not stop whinging cos u aren't uber solo and start working on teamplay. albs have superior numbers but inferior teamplay

I gotta agree with the hibernians on this one, they worked as a group for a long time now, so there team play is better.

I have been in groups of 8 albs and we have performed excellently against larger numbers of hibs and mids and both close and long range, and we rocked!. I refer to outings with the corporation and GOL alliance & a failed hib relic raid recently.

maybe one realm does have better individual classes, but lets look at the realm as a whole.

<waits for the inevitable "your an inf stfu" replies, infs get a raw deal in PvE and have extreme patience in RvR, so we have a hard time too, but at least I try work as a team and not spend all my time whining in forums about overpowered realms or the fact that some other class is better in PvE>

end of, my "flamiest post ever"

I really do think the albs biggest problem is that half of you turn and run, even if you have more people...I dont know why this is but by making your force into 2 nice digestable sections your signing your own death warrent...

Half the time if you guys stayed and fight we would die :/

S

Sabu

Re: Re: Cplcarrots first RvR Flame thread

Originally posted by [RG]Thorey

Half the time if you guys stayed and fight we would die :/

Half of us know it, the others run :(

Cplcarrot :clap: I want more infils like this :clap:

C

censi

yep, all realms have the ability to fight.....

Albion just have a harder time putting togther effective grps...

Hibernia has the bard and better mages which makes our grps strong.

Mid has the healer and runemaster class and awsome zerkers....

Mind you I think you would not been quite as happy if you were playing a NS rather than an Inf.... NS should have got 2.5 spec no question about that...

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by censi
Mind you I think you would not been quite as happy if you were playing a NS rather than an Inf.... NS should have got 2.5 spec no question about that...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I

ironheart

oi maty

i'll back u up all the way.

one thing, sometimes overpowerd combinations can be made, thats what playtesting is about, so they have to be nerfed. there are hundreds of ppl with different points of vieuw and try different things, all are orignal so not everything can be done b4 release.

but otherwise ur right

A

Arthwyr

Yea infils are completely UBER anything in this game, thats why so few infils play with buffbots they can solo 6 buffed nightshades or 4 buffed Shadowblades anyhow even after half of them got PA in. As an example last night i walked up to Crim and one shotted the door with a PA ( Don't know why probably cause it was only a lvl 6 door) I did not bother to walk back out and stealth again (even though i was evading all the blows from the 8 guards 2CCs and 6 archers on me ) So I just hit the 2nd door unstyled for 20 seconds before it gave in too. By that time some hibbies had gotten in, well only 2fg or so, and since they saw it was an infil who was attacking their keep they immeditately moved up to the lord. So I walked back in (ignoring the guards cause they couldnt hit me anyhow ) and walked up to the lord room. At a given time some elfs started to pbaoe me and nuke me. One of the elfs occasionaly even hit me for 15 damage because my epic armor has such huge resists on it the stuns and other nukes misereably failed. Standing at the lord there for a few minutes occasionaly dragonfanging a moose who had the balls to attack me (sorry for the guy I one shotted with my dragonfang Ill use a dirk instead of gauche next time to prevent that from happening) I decided it would be unfair to use the advantage from my UBER class to take the keep. So after popping the elf who occasionaly hurt me with a well aimed shot from my crossbow I walked back out and decided to go play my paladin since i cant play him anymore after coming patches eiter because he will become so completely overpowered as well. Oh its ok for you hibbies to RvR tonight I wont be in emain since I need a few dragondrops, might have to use lifebane on him to take him down safe i think.

O

old.Odysseus

I wouldnt excactly call this game balanced. Its simply not the first word that springs to mind... that word would be something in the line of 'rushed development'.

G

gwari

Still waiting to ever hear something intelligent coming out of Cowleds' mouth. Coming to realize id rather just laugh and /point.

Stick, lvl 50 friar

Q

quinthar

re: Albs running:

Yup hacks me off immensly, nothing worse than making a stand and yer alone with yer grp...You know who you are, you bunch of yellow bellies yes YELLOW BELLIES, and to make matters worse youre dead 90% of the time before you manage to run home to PK anyway ya tarts.

re: Infs

Quote - "One of the elfs occasionaly even hit me for 15 damage because my epic armor has such huge resists on it the stuns and other nukes misereably failed."

Omg - you sometimes get hit for 15?? I think you gut bugged epics, I got mine replaced and now nobody hits for more than 4dmg :p

H

hotrat

Damn it Ebonn you owned me last night.
Some minstrel decided it was a good idea to charge hibbies unstealthed, a bard see's him coming and ae mezz.... guess who was stood stealthed just in range of that ae mezz? me :(

Sad thing is the minstrel who got hit by the ae mezz resisted and i was left inbetween 2 armies sealthed and mezzed, hibs begin advancing then suddenly Ebonn whacks me for 350 dmg, no sooner do i realise what is happening does ebonn hit me again for about 50 dmg, and stuns me :( Just as stun was coming to an end and i was about to use IP and a stun of my own another hib tank walks over and finished me off :(

grrr i want revenge :) you know i can beat u, i just need a pet and you to not PA me :)

N

Noche

I hate mincers :p

:wub: Cplcarrot

A good NS can be a better infil.

C

cplcarrot

wtf gawain?

I take it your post is meant to sound sarcastic yeah?

<cough>

F

Flimgoblin

Heh, methinks people need to learn the word 'sarcasm' :)

incase you didn't notice - Cowled was quoting cplcarrot... ;)

A

Arthwyr

I know why i one shotted the door, i got hold of a hibbie on irc and he told me the door was only lvl5, i would never be able to one shot a lvl 6 door that would take a full pa combo if not more.

C

cplcarrot

lets try it in steps

Open your curtains today

Tommorow try opening the window a little

relax with that for a week.

Then, open your front door and try going for a walk for an hour, try to at least make eye contact with another human.

after a month, try talking to someone, maybe u make a friend

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by cplcarrot
after a month, try talking to someone, maybe u make a friend
/say "Hello!"
Someone says something in a language you don't understand

Nah it would never work.

N

noob_pride

I look as nurfs as updates the game programmers make (the people that know best) to IMPROVE THE GAME FOR everyone!
Really they do more research than look at what people say on a forum!
Game updates/patchs or some call nurfs, happen on every game.

I play a skald and if for some reason they make my char weaker cuz they think its fair, I woulldnt have a problem with that..

Users who are viewing this thread