Courier warning.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
A while back I sold a CM Cavalier on ebay, the guy contacted me and said would I mind if he paid in a week when he gets paid, np I said, but Id be on hols after that, so it would be a week later until I post. He agreed.

When I got back from my hols, he had paid, so I arranged a pick-up with Parcel2go.com for a for a Wednesday from my work. They use DHL, who deliver to my work every day, so it seemed to make sense.

Thursday comes, no pick up. I ring, they will pick up Thurs afternoon but cant deliver till Tues due to easter.

No pick-up on Thurs.

I ring Tues, we'll pick up Tues afternoon. No show.

And so it goes on until today. I have obviously been in touch with the buyer to tell him the situation, which we seemed ok with, until I notice this afternoon that he has filed a complaint with PayPal, who have frozen my account. :mad: I contact him and he says it was a mistake, he thought I was fleecing him for the money twice (quite how, Im not sure), he has now retracted his filed complaint and my account is active again (n00b)

Im currently on the phone to p2g, Ive been on hold for 40mins and Im 1st in the queue now. Im going to demand sameday delivery tomorrow or something.

Gimps tbh.

/rant.

Chilly

Balls of steel
bastards :( Spose it happens to some poor **** occasionally, although it generally works out fine, i've sent many random bits via dhl and had no bad experiences.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I lost two days of my life beacause of DHL, just made it home Christmas morning last year. The twats had sub contracted the delivery on my reliefs passport and the local (Spanish, he lives in the sticks in Spain) courier could not find his house, for a fucking week :(. My relief had to drive around south eastern Spain for a day to get his passport.
I suppose alls well that ends well, and it was only a couple of days.

Later

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ha -I'm waiting for the useless twats to pick my Vaio up at the moment; waited in all day on Monday - then called Sony and they were "oh, because of Easter, we changed the pickup date to the 30th, you're right maybe we should have told you" :wanker: Sony's fault rather than DHL, but the problem is, DHL don't open weekends, so I can't even take it to their nearest office, and having them pick it up from my office is a non-starter as well (unless I want to pay the congestion charge and small fortune in parking fees), so I'm fucked basically.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
TBH The only courier service I have found to be reliable and cost efficient is Parceline. Not to be confused with the evil Parcelforce.

I used Parcel2go once. A failed collection on no less than 10 occasions and a full 6 weeks before I was refunded. I then went onto City Link. Pretty quick at collection but trying to get computers delivered in one peice was a task in itself

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Wil,

cant you just dump the carrier and get someone else in?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I use ANC for the big stuff cing as they pick from my workplace anyway, and I have had no problems.(touch wood!)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
It gets worse.

I spoke to an idiot man this morning, I told him he must arrange collection from our back door, since we wouldnt be in, he agreed and said he would personally contact the driver and explain the situation.

Guess what? Came home, parcel still there and a note through the front door from DHL, no-one in, failed colletion!!!!!

NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOO

:(

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Rang DHL this morning, they cam and picked the parcel up within 20mins :eek:

I blame Parcel2go for the whole debacle and will write them a rather snotty note just to let them know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom