Couple Q's

O

old.Wildfire

1. How much exp are you supposed to get at 49, for doing all of your 43+ epics? In terms of bubbles please.

2. Can anyone find me a link to a walkthrough of the quests? Thus far they've been the Guild of Shadows epics, can anyone confirm whether or not this continues all the way through?

P

Pin

1) A bit over 2 bubbles. But I would suggest you also run around on some of the SI quests as soon as you ding 49.5. 15-30 minutes work on each for close to a bubble (3-5 billion xp) for some of them.

O

old.Wildfire

Nice, which quests would those be? (starting NPC plz)

D

Draylor

2) Yes, all necromancer epics are guild of shadows epics. daoc.warcry.com has the walkthroughs, I dont think a direct link is possible due to their search engine.

Sadly that means having whats possibly the most difficult of the lvl50 epics - ellyls :)

T

Tilda

they are then you have an ellyll neutural cabalist pulling them ;)
/flex

J

Jiggs

think with just your regular epics you can stop at around 2-2.5bubs to go, with all the new SI ones like pin says prob you can milk 5bubs out of it

T

Tilda

there are quite a few SI quests that give a blob a quest :)

Tilda

A

Aussie-

There is a 46 quest in Little Heaven (Caldey) , starts from the Enchanter (forgot name) .
Too bad all the Merchants arround him are agro to me now :(
it gives about 3bil exp after you killed 7 yellow con mobs.
If anyone knows a way to to get them neutral again, plz tell :>

D

Draylor

Yup, cabbies with faction are the easiest way to do that quest :)

B

bob007

Aussie :- that quest isn't patched in yet, And for nuetral faction to barbs. Kill the undead 20 - 30 should do it.

Wildfire :- Have a look at http://daoc.warcry.com/quests/ and do search for albion quests lvl 40 - 50 enter no names.

Lvl 43 exp 1,3000,234,240
45 exp 1,426,063,360
48 exp 1,970,000,000

gives 1.9 at 49. Also your spoiloers for 43 onwards are there.

Free the rogue is a must, 2 billion exp and just farm orcs for 20 mins, then walk in on a nuetral faction. free marcel and return to doigel.

And lost treasure. not sure on the exp. but the bracres 2 of lvl 50 100% qual high untilty. Are worth the 30 mins to complete this.

P

Pin

Originally posted by bob007

Free the rogue is a must, 2 billion exp and just farm orcs for 20 mins, then walk in on a nuetral faction. free marcel and return to doigel.

And lost treasure. not sure on the exp. but the bracres 2 of lvl 50 100% qual high untilty. Are worth the 30 mins to complete this.

Free the rogue is currently shagged as someone has found Mercal, but not talked to him in Diogel to despawn him. He won't spawn for ANYONE else until that stupid bastard goes and talks to him. I suggest this be reported on RightNow by everyone wanting to do the quest. (I've already finished it though :p )

Lost treasure gives almost a bubble at 49 (I believe). And the bracers are a must for everyone.

J

Jiggs

lost treasure is 50 only i thought

/edit i'm thinking of restoring the magic

O

old.Ramas

Only functional uber SI quest for level 49 seems to be Lost Treasure (bracer quest).

Malignant Creatures: Not in yet.
Free the Rogue: Lazy ass infiltrator Mercal won't return to dungeon (typical)
Ogre's Might: 50 only and bugged
Restoring the magic: 50 only

Anyone recommend any others?

Also, I can't find any info on how to become neutral to Larionne on Lost Treasure, so I don't have to kill her/it/whatever.

And I assume the last mob on Lost Treasure isn't soloable by a rejuv/enh cleric even with 4500HP (from instas) and BoF? (at least until my 30% melee boost next patch)

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Only functional uber SI quest for level 49 seems to be Lost Treasure (bracer quest).

Malignant Creatures: Not in yet.
Free the Rogue: Lazy ass infiltrator Mercal won't return to dungeon (typical)
Ogre's Might: 50 only and bugged
Restoring the magic: 50 only

Anyone recommend any others?

Any of the 40+ quests in SI seem to give stupid amounts of exp. Voices of the Dead is a good one.

Also, I can't find any info on how to become neutral to Larionne on Lost Treasure, so I don't have to kill her/it/whatever.

Become neutral (I'm friendly now :p ) by killing ogres, orcs, loads of other stuff in Gwyddneau/Aldland.

And I assume the last mob on Lost Treasure isn't soloable by a rejuv/enh cleric even with 4500HP (from instas) and BoF? (at least until my 30% melee boost next patch)

Well, it's undead and vulnerable to spirit, but I think rejuv/enh will have great problems... But just shout when you're doing it as we're running guild groups out there most nights now.

O

old.Ramas

Any of the 40+ quests in SI seem to give stupid amounts of exp.

'stupid' meaning...

"Still less than you would get sitting on your ass at a tree camp; but maybe enough so that someone still stuck in the godawful xp grind might feel they'd got something other than a crap drop for their time" ? ;)

I never understood why, when designers set out to make a MMORPG (to be fair, designers of Everquest in particular) they felt that the reason people play RPGs of any sort is to sit in front of a stationary monster spawn point.

It would be like setting up a game of Gauntlet where the most effective way to proceed is to sit at one monster generator and kill whatever comes out - BUT NEVER KILL THE GENERATOR.

Roll on more sensible xp rewards I say, and bring on the xp bonuses of up to one *level* for completing a battleground in v1.60. :)

Contextualised violence (and more important, contextualised healing). That's the thing!

--------

PS: Wizard needs food badly!

PPS: Why is it even called Everquest, and not Everstationarymobspawn?

P

Pin

'stupid' meaning...

"Still less than you would get sitting on your ass at a tree camp; but maybe enough so that someone still stuck in the godawful xp grind might feel they'd got something other than a crap drop for their time" ? ;)

Stupid meaning .8 bubbles for 30 minutes work (or walk) at level 49. Which unless you're a pygmy-farming solo-er is better than you'll get just sat stationary at a spawn site.

And well, I've done enough of tree/whatever camping in my life as a full earth theurg to have had enough of that kind of playing. I would rather have a change of scenery and go on the simple quests.

O

old.Ramas

Stupid meaning .8 bubbles for 30 minutes work (or walk) at level 49. Which unless you're a pygmy-farming solo-er is better than you'll get just sat stationary at a spawn site.

30 minutes including finding the quest on out of game sources.

Checking it isn't bugged.

Getting to the quest start point.

Returing next day when you discover it is bugged after all.

etc etc

Is good going, though yes, entirely possible on some of these quests, but not many.

Maybe I just do them slower to avoid levelling too quick.

To my mind, quest levelling should be faster than mob spawn camping. And that means, that the day I can keep up this rate across 40-50 without camping is the day I'll think the xp-grind is becoming sane. :)

And well, I've done enough of tree/whatever camping in my life as a full earth theurg to have had enough of that kind of playing. I would rather have a change of scenery and go on the simple quests.

Damn right.

O

old.LandShark

'stupid' meaning...

Crap drop?
/boggle
Maybe you clerics and casters always get shite quest rewards, but we rogue-caster-tank-bard-WTFAMI-hybrids get fantastic rewards =P

K

K0nah

can get ~1.5bubs every 2hrs in barrows solo @49, assuming it aint packed to the rafters with PL'ers ofc :rolleyes:

trees xp truly sux, why anyone farms red-con mobs in an 8-grp escapes me tbh. lack of imagination i guess.

made an interesting discovery in mithra on my new baby friar tho, u make cap xp duoing red-cons ;)

A

Arnor

or as a cabby you can solo oranges for cap xp

<cue evil laugh>

been having some fun on prydwen ;)

D

[DK]Cilia

Do free the rouge quest, takes 2min if you are neutral (kill orcs to be it) then go back to chain oranges, prolly fastest way to 50 :p

B

belth

Originally posted by K0nah
trees xp truly sux, why anyone farms red-con mobs in an 8-grp escapes me tbh. lack of imagination i guess.

Aye, trees are only good at 43-45 now, if you're in a full group. The exp sucks royally otherwise.

Made 3.1 billion exp over few hours in a ~4 man team in Avalon last night and we didn't actually kill that much. Sure beats trees & what-nots.

S

skile

Originally posted by Aussie-
There is a 46 quest in Little Heaven (Caldey) , starts from the Enchanter (forgot name) .
Too bad all the Merchants arround him are agro to me now :(
it gives about 3bil exp after you killed 7 yellow con mobs.
If anyone knows a way to to get them neutral again, plz tell :>

Can't get that quest working. Enchanter does not mention anything about a quest, he just acts as a enchanter. Kill undead around the place and you gain faction with the merchants.

Users who are viewing this thread