Couple of X-Box Questions

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Just a quickie about X-Box live to begin with, i have an X-Box and also Bt Broadband (DSL) and im looking to start playing online, got a couple of games with free trials. My problem is my net connection is a USB one and it looks like i need a normal phone type plug thingy (technical term of course ) so anyone know where i can lay my grubby paws on one of these ?

I'm also after a good flight sim / dogfight game, I was never fond of crimson skies on the PC so i'll rule that one out for starters. Any suggestions ?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The easiest way will be to get a router with a USB connector and a couple of RJ-45 netowork connectors. Then you'd just plug your DSL into the router, plug a network card into your PC and connect it and your Xbox to the router as well.

I'm sure someone here has a similar setup and can give some links as to some good hardware.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Moi for one.

You need some kind of modem between the Xbox and the line from the wall, and a USB one won't do sadly. The easiest option as mentioned is to get a combined ADSL modem router and plug the PC and Xbox into that.

You can start as cheap as this and go up really. I bought a cheapy a while ago and it does everything I could ask of it and more. Make sure you've got a network card (~£10), a couple of lengths of normal network cable and bob's your mother's brother.

They're very easy to set up, and it's a thousand times better than ICS via your PC. Not having to have the PC on is a big plus.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Enough techy talk, lets talk games :p

I can only think of Crimson Skies for a flying game :(
I have it on Xbox, it seems to be laggy on Live! and not too fun either...

For free trials, get Rainbow 6 (Even better as it was £20 in ToyRUs sale).
R6 is good on Live and so is Project Gotham 2 (best live game I think)

Top Spin and Crimson Skies are often laggy on Live, with Top Spin being unplayable as a bit of lag and you miss the ball (Tennis Game)

PGR2 and R6 are not laggy at all though :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
RS3 is horrible online, poor frame rate and nasty jerking. PGR2 is great though, as is Links2004. Any golf game where 4 players can complete 18 holes in 15 minutes is good in my books :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom