Countdown to DELAY???

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
well i hope its not true but i can see why it might be delayed again.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Well delayed release doesn't mean delayed access, perhaps a longer open beta :D

Either way I don't mind I've got AoC to get bored of when thats out :m00:, it's irronic that players complained at EA's rushed releases and yet when they delay so it isn't one of those releases the pitch forks come out again. Are MMOers like Women now you can't win ethier way, and so god damn hard to please? :eek7:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
its not so much the delay if they said from the get go lookin at a autumn release prob wouldnt bother ppl all that much the fact that it keeps gettin pushed back and back is really startin to bug ppl and ppl who have been given guild beta etc are still waiting for it 3 months down the line personally ive had enough will pick up conan and giv that a blast till war is released sod the beta.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
ah well... another delay... I guess that's not all too bad, I mean, I have my exams in june, and with the WAR release those would suck anyways. Only pitty now is that they'll probably release the game in september, which leaves me a complete summer holiday with nothing to do :s

Damnit mythic, do release the game in the first few weeks of summer holiday... that way you'll also have lots more kids testing out your servers too...

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
its not so much the delay if they said from the get go lookin at a autumn release prob wouldnt bother ppl all that much the fact that it keeps gettin pushed back and back is really startin to bug ppl and ppl who have been given guild beta etc are still waiting for it 3 months down the line personally ive had enough will pick up conan and giv that a blast till war is released sod the beta.

Yeah they are bugging people and I hate to admit this but I am one of those people!

I also hate to admit that I agree with you here Chipper, I really need an MMO to play and was waiting for WAR, now we know its been delayed yet again...... and along with that we still dont even have a fixed date even after another push back!!!! I'll be looking to buy AoC when thats released, I've not shown any interest in it up until this point... I know theres lots of other people saying this and thats bad for EA/Mythic.

I need something to play on as the PC game market at the moment is dead, maybe if they expanded the beta or something to keep people interested but I've been pinning my hopes on an invite from the beginning with no such luck and now I've lost my patients.

Also what I dont understand is why casually let this out just before some big snazzy annoucement is supposed to come out? doesnt make sense at all?? why not not say something like 'hey here's all this great news blah blah, unfortunately we've had to put it back again'

This seems a little to casual and at the totally wrong time to release this info....... in my opinion this is a very, very bad move.

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
Thats ok, if they end up with the same opinion I have of AoC after playing it, they'll soon be back waiting for WAR :D

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Thats ok, if they end up with the same opinion I have of AoC after playing it, they'll soon be back waiting for WAR :D

Like I said I've not so much as even been on the website!..... I'll give it a try though especially now we've got to wait another 6 months (which may be more seeing as they still have no release date)

Still does not make sense..... why announce this casually a couple of hours before this big press even in Pairs??

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
Its odd timing to be sure, though its actually made me even more curious as to exactly what the full contents of the press event is going to be

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Still does not make sense..... why announce this casually a couple of hours before this big press even in Pairs??

well, I personally like it this way. I mean, I sure like it alot better that they tell us we'll have to wait quite a while, and only then release all the new goodies at us; instead of first showing us all the new goodies, making us completely hungry for it and only then (when we're starting to become really desperate and are moaning june is still that far away) tell us they'll have to change the release date.

It's a small difference, but to me it makes the difference between sighing about this sad fate and storming the GOA office in Ireland with torches and pitchforks.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
perhaps it's a good news bad news situation..

Bad news - delay
Good news - GOA opens next beta wave as a 'sorry for the delay'

*hopes*

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
could be kremlik they surely gotta throw us a bone after this announcement

i just hope its the guild beta that gets opened up shortly altho tbh lettin that many ppl in for 6 months doesnt seem likely.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
perhaps it's a good news bad news situation..

Bad news - delay
Good news - GOA opens next beta wave as a 'sorry for the delay'

*hopes*

Maybe..... but even with my shocking luck over recent years I probably still wouldnt get in!!:puke:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe..... but even with my shocking luck over recent years I probably still wouldnt get in!!:puke:

I hear and agree. Thats why I entered the writing comp. Figured if luck wouldn't get me into the BETA the usual way, try the 'skill' approach instead.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I hear and agree. Thats why I entered the writing comp. Figured if luck wouldn't get me into the BETA the usual way, try the 'skill' approach instead.

Yeah my only problem is though I dont have skill in any of those areas! I cant draw for crap and well..... I've never tried to write, I read quite a bit though...... however I've never read a Warhammer novel, I read military fiction.... Andy Mcnab, Chris Ryan etc etc so I wouldnt even know where to start writing something about Warhammer!

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah my only problem is though I dont have skill in any of those areas! I cant draw for crap and well..... I've never tried to write, I read quite a bit though...... however I've never read a Warhammer novel, I read military fiction.... Andy Mcnab, Chris Ryan etc etc so I wouldnt even know where to start writing something about Warhammer!

you could've just written a normal story, but starring a person who is one of classes you can become in WAR, or just talk about giant armies at once (you know, dwarves vs orcs, empire vs chaos,...) and write something in those lines. Just make sure when you're talking about gods you're actually talking about war lore gods, but that's not too hard... anyways, if you can write, you can write war lore stories :)

but then again, I do write quite a bit whenever I find the muse and time, but still it seems I suck in comparison with some other writers that posted their stories, which basically makes sure I still won't get beta invite. And then of course there is the fact that I refuse to pay 130 euros for a CE of a game, just so I would get into beta :)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
you could've just written a normal story, but starring a person who is one of classes you can become in WAR, or just talk about giant armies at once (you know, dwarves vs orcs, empire vs chaos,...) and write something in those lines. Just make sure when you're talking about gods you're actually talking about war lore gods, but that's not too hard... anyways, if you can write, you can write war lore stories :)

but then again, I do write quite a bit whenever I find the muse and time, but still it seems I suck in comparison with some other writers that posted their stories, which basically makes sure I still won't get beta invite. And then of course there is the fact that I refuse to pay 130 euros for a CE of a game, just so I would get into beta :)

I suppose I could give it a try......... however aint past and present comp winners been told, congrats you won..... but still not recieved and invite?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
yeah... but at least you know the invite is coming sooner or later :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
5...4...3...2...1...0... Er... hang on... I'll be right with you... just a mo...

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
okay, so it's a commercial to pre-order the CE (we guessed that much actually)... but does the link work for anyone? (not that I want to buy an article as pricey as that, but I just want to see the price again and just gag ;) )

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
delayed is fine, i would rather they delay it and fix any existing issues than release it and fix them afterwards.

Its actually refreshing to see a company trying to release a finished product, especially one where EA are involved.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
could be kremlik they surely gotta throw us a bone after this announcement

i just hope its the guild beta that gets opened up shortly altho tbh lettin that many ppl in for 6 months doesnt seem likely.

just for pure idle interest, if you put yourself in their shoes, what do you think they are looking to achieve with guild beta ?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
see how well keeps can be claimed, how the guild bonusses (by banners and stuff) work, if stealing banners from other guilds is pretty easy, if guilds can create their own symbols rather easily, is the ranking system visible or meaningfull or whatever,...

tons of things you can test concerning guilds really ;)

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
all that is being tested already by players making guilds in the beta already

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
all that is being tested already by players making guilds in the beta already

ah, I was unaware that people could already create guilds in beta now :) I thought they were only going to release that posibility when guild beta came out (which would seem the most logical imho)

That way I guess the guild beta will just be a way to guarantee some strong, active guilds will be out by the time the game releases. And of course to test it all on a bigger scale than is going on now.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
i'm beginning to feel the original guild beta invites have fallen thru thanks to many guilds having most of their invitees given personal access or won access by now, I supect either the leaders will be given new details in a few months or everyone that allpied with the GB will just get lumped in before the release in the 'no so open open beta'.

We'll see what happens, theres still time sadly (rather it being released soon and not really caring about the access as we're in soon which we're not going to be)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just for pure idle interest, if you put yourself in their shoes, what do you think they are looking to achieve with guild beta ?

a large influx of players to help stress test the guild features and also im guessin to test rvr on a larger scale, and afaik guilds arent fully implemented in the game yet just certain things like creation and promotion etc and as i said in my post i dont expect em to invite guilds anytime soon due to the delay

tbh i dont expect guild beta towards maybe 2 months from releaseand thats to test keep features infact i wouldnt be surprised if we get some sort of event to test city ransacking because they need lots of players to do that and be organised no better way than that of guilds working together

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom