Could this realy be true?

O

old.Reverend Flatus

Originally posted by ^S0LIDUS^
sperm.gif
Ah, I see. You're trying to tell us that you think with your dick.

S

SoWat

Soilidus, please post your spam in the community forums, not here.

Ta.

O

old.Reverend Flatus

Yeah, I was trying to be a bit too subtle wasn't I?...^SOLIDUS^ please bugger off, ta.

O

old.Cornholio

linux firewall

there is a version of linux, that is small enough to fit on to a floppy disk... so you have an old 486, 2 network cards and a copy of linux firewall floppy and your in buisness.....

zone alarms is cool but will hog up cpu and mem

O

old.NOVjOHN

hi all,

I got BlueYonder Cable on Saturday and got my hands on ZoneAlarm, five minutes later I discovered a piece of sw called NuTCracker attempting to run as a server...:puke:

Have I had a wake up call or what

turns out NuTCracker is a Trojan & I have been advised to wipe my system and reInstall...is this really the only safe course of action?

Since then I have had 8 requests blocked...e.g

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (NetBIOS Name) from 212.156.220.75 (UDP Port 2223).

Should this worry me?

W

Will

get used to it - there's a thread in the general forum just now about it - i get a lot of port scans myself - just switch the option to view each port scan, and pretend it's not happening. If ZA tells you about it, it's not a problem. If it doesn't tell you...

S

]SK[

zonealarm has gave me nothing but troubles, cant wait for XP with its built in firewall. Least I can allow people to access my FTP through it.

B

bids

Also had problems with Zonealarm on my W2K gateway box, connected to cable modem.

Have been using XP and in-built firewall for a couple of weeks now on RC1, and it's quite impressive. Easy to setup, and minimal system overhead. One arse-ache is that alarms/alerts are written to a (huge) log file, rather than filtered by user parameters, and a gui reporter. Could do the reporting of alerts/alarms better (although they may sort this by final release).

S

]SK[

Hummm
thats one thing I dont want is the bloody popups saying someone pinged me when all it is a bloody broadcast from my ISP.

S

SoWat

Should this worry me?

Only if you let it communicate with it's master (or whatever it's trying to talk to).

Try deleting it first (Zonealarm tells you the filename and location).

E

Embattle

ZA Pro had a long running problem with W2K until recently I believe.

B

bids

Couldn't get ZA to work properly on XP either - you tried it Emb ?

ZA wouldn't monitor 'dirty' sided network card - only internal one, which is NAT'ed anyways.

S

]SK[

Originally posted by bids
Couldn't get ZA to work properly on XP either - you tried it Emb ?

ZA wouldn't monitor 'dirty' sided network card - only internal one, which is NAT'ed anyways.

Hummm XP Pro has a built in firewall!

B

bids

Yeah- but I ad it disabled to run ZA - which didn't work, so I used the XP one (being Beta stuff, I'd have preferred to use ZA).

Now resorted to WinRoute, which NAT's, Firewalls and routes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom