could this ever happen...

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by tris-, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tris-

tris- Failed Geordie and Parmothief

lets imagine, you have a set of conjoined twins. they've grown up joined together and both think independently. one of the twins decides they want to commit a robbery (for example). the other twin is powerless, cant inform police or tell anyone because the other twin physically stops them.

the robbery is committed and they are arrested.

what if the twin who commits the robbery is sentenced to prison time. would the whole 'unit' have to goto prison? bearing in mind one of them effectively didnt aid the other, but was also powerless to stop them.

2. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

yes they would both go prison because the other one is an accesory to the crime afaik (more so if the other one doesnt call the police)

3. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

4. tris-

what im saying is what if the other twin is powerless. maybe through some kind of force or threat by the other twin. maybe even physically stopping them from getting to a phone or telling someone.

5. Chronictank

is it so wrong that i found the image of that funny :(

6. Serbitar

Serbitar Fledgling Freddie

evil twin: if you call the police i'll cut your head off
    good twin: but you'll die as well from the resulting blood loss
    evil twin: cock

edit: or you could have a re-creation of one of my favorite scenes from army of darkness xD

[​IMG]

edit2: and omfgz0r ash plushy doll !!!!

[​IMG]

7. elisera

elisera Fledgling Freddie

Surely if one twin can physically stop the other from getting to a phone then it could be used the other way round to ask why didn't the "innocent" twin stop the other from committing the robbery in the first place.

8. Huntingtons

Huntingtons Resident Freddy

conjoined twins cant really walk tho, so he has to do it in some weird chair - this is a very bizzare scenario, too bizzare... waaaay too bizzare :p

9. Tilda

Tilda Moderator Moderator

Its damn tricky to get your head around really.
    The bad twin has committed a crime, the good twin hasn't, have absolutly no clue what the CPS/judiciary would say. Perhaps suspended sentance or fine on the bad twin?

10. elisera

elisera Fledgling Freddie

Depending on how conjoined the twins were there could also eb the issue of how do you rove which twin was controlling the body?... Which one actually committed the crime?... DNA and Fingerprints could be completely ruled out as evidence..

11. eksdee

eksdee FH is my second home

ha! "i'm bad ash, and you're good ash!"

brilliant film. i fucking love bruce campbell. i wish he was my dad.

12. Chronictank

this is going to sound really cruel
    but how do the body parts know which way to go :s
    what i one of them wants to go one way and the other the other way

If its a joint decision then surely they are both responsible

13. tris-

im taking it as both halves have two legs each. the evil one has the physical strength to do actions without co-operation from the good twin.

14. Chronictank

rarely gets to that stage afaik as they are seperated when they are young where possible.
    However i think its mentioneed earlier that doesnt really work as if one gets hurt they both feel it

15. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

16. Azurus

Azurus Can't get enough of FH

Perhaps the most important and profound question asked with regards to the future of humanity.

17. Dukat

Dukat Resident Freddy

Ohhh, I know all about this sort of thing! I used to watch cat-dog! :D

CatDog! CatDog! Alone in the world is the little CatDog!

Sorry, what I meant to say was I have no idea :) sounds interesting though! :D

18. Dantares

Dantares Fledgling Freddie

Apparently some thing like this happened years ago. Conjoined twins were a "freak" show on stage and some one was heckling them. So one of the twins punched him and both came up before the court. The judge ruled that he could not send them to jail as he would be sending an innocent man to prison. Planning for one though is of course different, so I dunno how it would be ruled this time.

19. judas

judas One of Freddy's beloved

if they get sentenced to death by hanging or beheading what will they do?

20. Chronictank

2 nooses?
    or
    [​IMG]

21. Amildin

Amildin Can't get enough of FH

If one has an orgasm can the other feel it?

22. tris-

i doubt it if they both have an independent brain each.

23. Amildin

Amildin Can't get enough of FH

But someone said they both feel the same pain?

24. cazno

cazno Fledgling Freddie

haha, rep:p really laughed like hell lol=))

25. Bugz

Bugz Fledgling Freddie

Is it 'insert a picture into every post' day today?

:m00:

26. Dudley52

Dudley52 Can't get enough of FH

omg that used to be so good!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOqDjTIC1WU

27. tris-

cat dog was good, but we cant really use the morals from that to answer the question :\

28. psyco

psyco Fledgling Freddie

dna + fingerprints are different, even in this situation... think of chimera, its a genuine condition(if you dont get it im sure someone would explain it, or i could if everyone is confused:-/)

maybe one could inject the other with a parilizer, or sleeping pills or something... but then that begs would they both get KO'd? or both just feeling a little groggy? but without further medical knowledge i dont think i can answer this... though, mouth -> liver -> brain, i guess it depends how there wired... but i think i could work

though, would they both feel pain? i dont think so, cause the senerio tris is suggesting, that there joined at the back, or something, would meen that only blood is shared, and nerve's completely different, and im sure you could figure out by who had control of what part if they could 'feel' it

i must say, very interesting

Chimera, you all know as fellow daoc'rs that he is the 6.10 boss, 1/3 dragon 1/3 lion 1/3 goat(?)... semantics
    any who, science tells us that 3 different species cannot reproduce, and each species has a different set of DNA(something like 10% is unique) so, they'll have 3 sets of DNA profiles
    ermm....
    so how does this relate? well it is very simerler to fetu in fetus condition
    at conception 2 eggs get fertilized, but they have no skin yet, so there both very fragile and somehow, they merge(in this case, fetu in fetus i suppose is a variation) and the embryos grow the same as usual till then, and then at birth instead of having 2, you only have 1... same thing for Siamese twins, but instead of merging, they stick

ouch, my brain hurts... hard to explain without pictures

edit1: oh, i forgot... depending on how they are wired and depending if they get consent they could seperate them and sent the bad one to jail, otherwise, i think he would get of with a fine or something
    but what about identical twins, commiting a robbery? 1 could give the other an alabi, and they couldn't convict(unless dna or fingerprints were present) or they could both get a conspiricy charge

edit2: hmm... i wonder how organs work in chimeras... wouldn't they get rejected, cause there not 'his'? or am i just thinking into this to much?:p

29. psyco

psyco Fledgling Freddie

ooo, imagine Siamese's twins, 1 black 1 white:D