Could someone please tell me...

N

Neural Network

why does half my team camp the plane spawn point and kill other team players? I can't find any, not a single reason why I should do the same

A

adams901

because they are lame pricks who dont know how to play the game and dont care about team work

C

.Cask

I reinstalled BF and have been playing it a bit over the last few days. Out of the couple hours I've spent playing it I managed to get in a plane once or twice, normally right at the end of a map. And I'd crash it pretty fast due to lack of practice.

If BF was my game I'd have made planes respawn instantly and then worked on making the ground vehicles more fun. But I don't think EA see any cash incentive in making the game more fun. They ought to make a new Premium BF1942 Player service. Where you pay £30 a month and you automatically get whisked into planes as soon as they spawn. If you pay £60 a month then you get in even ahead of the guys that pay £30, and so on.

Man they've got their hands on the udders but they just ain't squeezin hard enough.

N

Neural Network

As I'm the kind of guy who normally rushes on to the battlefield on food and uses any opportunity to kill as many enemies I can with the knife, I really don't understand the plane campers’ mentality. Are the only in for the easy kill? The last multiplayer FPS game I played before BF1942 was DOOM 2 and Duke Nukem 3D and as you can guess that was some years ago. I’m more into strategy games and find the tactical element of BF1942 very appealing. Even though I try to stay out of planes ‘cause I’m a terrible pilot I still end in the top 5 on the scoreboard. This is of course against casual players and casual servers, but still… Some people could really need some training. :(

C

Cdr

I camp for planes :D

Mainly because I know I'll do better in the air, than on foot or in a tank - and I know I can be more helpful to the team by being in the air.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - there's nothing more funny than seeing a guy whos camped for a plane, and possibly TK'd in order to get that plane, to crash into the tower of the carrier on take off, or a tree at the side of the runway. Makes me chuckle ever so.

If you're good in a plane, why shouldnt you be allowed to wait for one? Yes, it can get stupid when the whole team is sat there - normally I go in a tank (and still end up at the top of the scoreboard).

But if you want the ultimate in tactics / execution - join a clan - its the only way you'll experiece BF to its greatest.

A

adams901

The best thing to do is change teams then travel over to the enemy airfield and kill them all, most of them are so stupid they will respawn and run over to the runway again.

It certainly makes for some easy kills :).

Originally posted by Cdr
normally I go in a tank (and still end up at the top of the scoreboard).
well you're supposed to join a server with more than one person on it :eek:

A

Anasyn

Originally posted by adams901
The best thing to do is change teams then travel over to the enemy airfield and kill them all, most of them are so stupid they will respawn and run over to the runway again.

British tactics on the El Al map.. hop in B-17, ignore any other targets and bomb german airfield, cos guaranteed 5 kills if you have any bombing skill whatsoever, 2 if you don't, every 15 seconds or so :p

I don't bother camping for planes cos umm... I'm crap essentially, I'm more the utility man, I won't get many kills, I'll help everyone else so rarely get top 3, just top 10 more often than a 56k has any bloody right to (more than once a decade then that'll be)

Users who are viewing this thread