Could someone clear this up regarding the SE 'Headstart'

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
CE gets to go live on the 14th.
SE gets to go live on the 16th
Game goes live on 18th

How then does the SE get a 3 day head start? If that was true then wouldnt we (SE) get a start date of the 15th?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
CE gets to go live on the 14th.
SE gets to go live on the 16th
Game goes live on 18th

How then does the SE get a 3 day head start? If that was true then wouldnt we (SE) get a start date of the 15th?

SE goes on the 15th IIRC

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
SE goes on the 15th IIRC

Aye thats what I thought, but Ive spoke to people (who must be wrong) who said it was definately the 16th we start.

Do the US start on different dates with SE? Wondering if thats where they got the info

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
SE goes on the 15th IIRC
Yep, what he said. SE headstart was officially announced as Monday 15th September although we don't know exactly what time of day that will mean. For open beta the game servers were available from mid afternoon.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
I have a feeling the time you are able to start trying to enter keys on GOAs site will be more significant than the (theoretical) time the servers will be available to you :lol:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie

LOL if you must but the game servers were up mid-afternoon, I know because I was playing on them. I was lucky enough to have been in closed beta so I bypassed the "small technical glitch :p" that was open beta registration.

Anyway it's only a guide as many people asked before if we would start at the same global time as the US did. We don't of course have any actual details about server start time but the date (at least for now) is 15th for SE headstart.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Some yank on warhammer alliance was telling me SE was 16th, it must be the case over there, does anyone have a link to an offical annoucnement regarding offical launch of SE in EU being 15th? I'm getting slightly worried here as i booked Monday off work. :p

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure I read a post from Marc Jacobs that said SE headstart was the 16th. It may only refer to the US servers but I'd be surprised if the headstart was given on different days.

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
I've read the 15th.. But I'd hold back on taking the day off.. :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I've read the 15th.. But I'd hold back on taking the day off.. :)

Open beta is one thing, but they shouldn't promise access to the game on the 15th and then not provide it. If you have paid for early access, you should recieve early access. If they mess this up it's probably not gonna cost them anything too significant, but it's definitely not the live start they want.

However, considering current events, I'll not be taking the day off either ;)

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
A number of online retailers have said (and very specifically) '2 day headstart' and not mentioning a date. Play.com gives a slightly different answer in that they add 'Details on how to access the Headstart will be sent out on the 15th'.

So I was expecting midnight 15th/16th for a full two days headstart tbh.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Im nervous, after all this muck up with OB, not sure whether to use my CE code (which wasnt accepted for OB) and downgrade to SE if I ant get the game on thurs or whether to go with CE and get the 2 extra days. Just not sure I can trust em when they say SE codes work on CE accounts afrter this weekend :S

Swellzong

Fledgling Freddie
On a sidenote I really hope they fix the validation service before the 12th because that's when I get my early access code and if I can't enter it and update my game for the early access start I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
Open Beta begins on September 7, 2008* - Open Beta keys are now being distributed.

Open Beta ends on September 13th, 2008*

Head Start begins on September 15th, 2008*

Official Server Live date is September 18, 2008*

*Dates are subject to change

Head Start and Bonus Content keys will be available soon.

From Direct2Drive site.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
This is what's in my email (I pre-ordered from the EA Store):

Productnaam: Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Mon Sep 15 12:00:00 CDT 2008

CDT = GMT-5, so that means 5/6pm for us. It could also be 5/6am considering the lack of AM/PM in their mail..

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
GoA's news on this was posted on 29th August - you can check it in their news archive. Nothing so far about any changes.

Wont let me cut and paste but it says 14th September for CE and 15th for SE. No times given.

Ravenette

Fledgling Freddie
Going to be interesting what they say about this.

Clearly states we get 3 days headstart for the SE program.

:kissit:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Info on this from Magnus on WHA:

The plan is indeed to provide European Standard Edition pre-orders Head Start access on the 15th - one day earlier than North American players. Naturally, us being able to do so rest on the development on Sunday but we'll do our out most to make it so.

Regarding precise times: there are naturally plans for this, but we're not yet comfortable with sharing these as much can change before Sunday. I'll be poking my superiors with a stick until I get a go-ahead though!

-Magnus

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Info on this from Magnus on WHA:

Oh the US wont like that.

Doesnt matter that they've had 2 PWs, a working authentication server and all the other bonuses, they will bitch hard about this.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
we get an extra day in EU, Magnus posted something about it somewhere

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
Oh the US wont like that.

Doesnt matter that they've had 2 PWs, a working authentication server and all the other bonuses, they will bitch hard about this.

They tend to get their own way more, they have guns!

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
If a yank tells you the SE headstart begins on the 16th then he is correct, the yank headstart does indeed start on the 16th however we aren't yanks ergo our headstart begins on the 15th as thats when the EU headstart is due to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom