Could somebody please explain...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
...the PvP reward system to me? My smuggler PvP's regularly in the warfronts and although has advanced PvP ranks she still shows as a "Skirmisher" on the character page. I have never bought any PvP rewards and have only received the "bags" from doing daily quests.

Seeing as I hit 50 on Monday I think its probably about time I got this sorted out in my head. Any and all advice much appreciated, thankies.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
There are 3 tiers of items, each slightly better than the previous

Tier 1 = Centurion
Tier 2 = Champion
Tier 3 = Battlemaster (Valour rank 60 required)

To get Centurion gear, you buy the Champion bags for 200 Warzone and 200 Merc commendations, which give you tokens to buy the Centurion items.

To get Champion gear, you have a small chance of getting an item from the Champion bag mentioned above, or you can get them from the Battlemaster Bags which give a guaranteed Champion item token, or a small chance at a Battlemaster token, these bags need valour rank 60 to open.

You can also get the bags from the Daily/Weekly quests (Win Warzones and farm Ilum).

The titles are:

• Skirmisher --- Valor rank 10
  • Duelist --- Valor rank 20
  • Gladiator --- Valor rank 30
  • Centurion --- Valor rank 40
  • Champion --- Valor rank 50
  • Battlemaster --- Valor rank 60
  • War Hero --- Valor rank 70
  • Conqueror --- Valor rank 80
  • Warlord --- Valor rank 90
  • Elite Warlord --- Valor rank 100
So as a Skirmisher you're likely between 10 and 19..(although I'm not sure if new titles replace lower ones, or if they're just added to your list).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Thanks for that. She is somewhere in the 30's PvP rank wise, but still shows as skirmisher. Can you buy the reward bags even when not of the appropriate rank?

rynnor

Rockhound
Thanks for that. She is somewhere in the 30's PvP rank wise, but still shows as skirmisher. Can you buy the reward bags even when not of the appropriate rank?

Sort of - you can buy one - they are unique so until you reach the rank where you can open it your kinda stuck.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I wish they would add more gear to buy while levelling up. There is a massive gap from level 20 to 40 atm.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
What gear you have before hitting 50 doesn't matter.

The bolster buff mess around with the gear stats you have to some "default" levels anyway.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm now showing as a Gladiator, Duelist never appeared for me ... despite often being the Ops Leader in pickup groups. Those daily quests are horrible for Republic we lose about 2/3rds of the time, and then the quest bugs and we don't get credit when do win. Aaaaaaargh.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
What gear you have before hitting 50 doesn't matter.

The bolster buff mess around with the gear stats you have to some "default" levels anyway.
Well ofcourse the gear matter against champ geared enemies. :) As bolstered you lack the expertiese and the boosted stats on thoose purps.. And from the datacrons. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Expertise excluded, i'm not sure even purple gear helps before you level past the "breaking point" where your combined stats is better then what the bolster buff give..

Though i'm not gonna argue to much about this as i haven't experimented much with this.

rynnor

Rockhound
Expertise excluded, i'm not sure even purple gear helps before you level past the "breaking point" where your combined stats is better then what the bolster buff give..

Interesting question - I wonder what you get bolstered to if you go in naked of gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom