could a GM of dark prophecy...

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
Khale said:
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.

Since the artifact of Danos is one of the rare ones that can be grabbed by anyone I would classify it as a design fault that wasn't intended (cause loot should only be able to be picked up by the ones who did the most damage). So technically you could say he/she was actually using a design fault and therefore is punishable by the RoC (Called Rules of Conduct now).

And RightNow has many user based questions not displayed cause they are personal and will therefore not (never) be displayed to others. Rightnow ain't a rulebook it's a request help page...

The fact that Jimmyjr is even polite after you calling him a collegeboy makes me wanna believe Jimmyjr more then you, Elvodus. And them I'm not even talking about previous attempts and questionable actions made by The Dark Prophecy before...

Actually Khale that´s your very subjective oppinion now isn´t it, and besides we are a well respected guild and has been since the beta stage of the game, and whatever "questionable actions made by The Dark Prophecy" you are talking about goes beyond my knowledge and most others as I know it.
I can agree however that me calling Jimmy a "collegeboy" might have been out of line and do appoligize for it.
As for your oppinion if you have or had any problems with us you should take it up with us shouldn´t you?
If I can remember correctly you was in DVE way back and in the same alliance as us weren´t you?

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
Ohh and an other thing Khale Jimmy actually offered to help me farming for artis on hib/prydwen so I doubt that he´s gonna "cry himselfe to sleep" over it, but you already knew that since you read all the post didn´t you or ;) ?

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm the fact that guilds are in a same alliance doesn't make them all a good guild ;) and beside the point DVE never made the alliance nor did they decide (at least not alone) who got in and who didn't (as only 20 guilds could be invited into 1 alliance (kinda silly why only 20)). But that's all beside the point that it could still be seen as an exploit cause I'm sure people know Danos artifact can be grapped by anyone (heck even a stealther could wait there and grab it when he dies if he's quick enough ;))

The artifact raiding has brought a lot of grieving and other things to the game. Hope you guys solved it...

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
its not a bug exploit they put it there to stop people taking danos to water/haven to be killed ^^

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
I had no idea but I´m only a caster so don´t expect to much intelligence. :)

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Well i posted it al on your forum but no feedback at all.

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
if dano was at the end of his tether range you are no longer classed as engaging that mobs.. hence why after a while he will walk back... if he pulled danos from you at tether range you cant do jack.. sure its lame... but you werent actively engaging Danos so it wasnt <technically> your mob to keep.

gandalfs

Fledgling Freddie
Gosh I do wish your mum had been on comp

If only your mum had been on the computer it would have saved all this drama about you not admitting breach of coc .You clearly state he was there 1st also his bot /another player was both alive and without aggro and yet you pulled and get sore that he manages to go from dead to active and get aggro and arti back even tho you tried to "take" it

Gratz Suki gr8 recovery m8 :clap:

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Gandalf where did i brake CoC? he pulled died, danos was walking back to night camp so i pulled, his cleric might of been alive but never went for his cleric, and even if it did i would of waited and let him die and then pull either way my mob and Danos didn't move from the teather at all.

no one can claim a artifact mob, but i sure as hell pulled/nuked danos to make sure it was mine and pulled to teather killed adds and then about to kill danos but he took it which is against coc.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Either way in 2 days we will find out who is wrong and right, and if he doesn't hand GoV over if i am right he will be banned for a week/gov will be destroyed.

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
Khale according to CoC all may be banned cause they didn´t report this as a bug or design problem.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Elvodus said:
Khale according to CoC all may be banned cause they didn´t report this as a bug or design problem.

the teather thing has alrdy been mentioned, reply was working as intended.

Marc

FH is my second home
gandalfs said:
If only your mum had been on the computer it would have saved all this drama about you not admitting breach of coc .You clearly state he was there 1st also his bot /another player was both alive and without aggro and yet you pulled and get sore that he manages to go from dead to active and get aggro and arti back even tho you tried to "take" it

Gratz Suki gr8 recovery m8 :clap:

gosh, where were you when the good lord was handing out brains?

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
Okies this is directly copied from the DaoC Europe homepage....

Rules of good conduct
Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated.

futher down....

Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions that will be taken if these are not followed....(also copied from DaoC-Europe)

Penalties
GOA reserves the right (at any time and without prior notice) to reduce access to or block an account temporarily or definitively if the user has not respected this Charter, has encouraged another user not to respect the Charter or has caused harm to the user community.
Characters whose names do not respect this Charter may be renamed by GOA. This does not exclude the imposition of other sanctions concerning this particular violation of the Charter.

See--> http://daoc.goa.com/en/

Try and look at this from an objective point of view, according to this GOA will likely take no action against any of you, so it´s a catch 22 (no win situation).

So I suggest if GoV arti is for you we will help you farm it if you need help to do it, otherwise I have no other ideas as to solve this grudge.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
They are top of the food chain by all accounts. Took albs str relics i think.
Not by all accounts, mind you, at least not when our group is out. :D

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Not by all accounts, mind you, at least not when our group is out. :D

[OFFTOPIC]
You went Mid Prydwen Belomar?
[/OFFTOPIC]

You got me there Elvodus :D (Glad I ain't playing anymore ;))

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Khale said:
[OFFTOPIC]
[/OFFTOPIC]

You got me there Elvodus :D (Glad I ain't playing anymore ;))

check his sig, he went to the overpowered midgards!! my shrooms will eat him up when ever i find him ><

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Khale said:
[OFFTOPIC]
[/OFFTOPIC]
Yes, yes. :) Oh, and Jimmy, I'm afraid that even my chubby Dorf legs make me run much faster than your shrooms, so good luck! :D

Marc

FH is my second home
if i ever get the last 5 bubs on Aands druid and Jim Lad gets my artifacts for me, i may try out pryd and shove the druids sword up ya ass belo!!

bryano

Fledgling Freddie
After hearing all sides of the story it seems to me that suki died and non of the other chars was on Danos as he walked back so Jimmyjr can pull it.
But it seems that Suki pulled Danos while Jimmyjr was on him.
That is very wrong in my eyes.
If the only reaction is "We will help on GoV" instead of just giving it to Jimmyjr I think ppl going to do the same.
And im sure no1 wants that.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
if i ever get the last 5 bubs on Aands druid and Jim Lad gets my artifacts for me, i may try out pryd and shove the druids sword up ya ass belo!!
Prepare to be FZed, noobling! :D

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
bryano said:
After hearing all sides of the story it seems to me that suki died and non of the other chars was on Danos as he walked back so Jimmyjr can pull it.
But it seems that Suki pulled Danos while Jimmyjr was on him.
That is very wrong in my eyes.
If the only reaction is "We will help on GoV" instead of just giving it to Jimmyjr I think ppl going to do the same.
And im sure no1 wants that.

"I think ppl going to do the same."--> That´s exactly what people are doing and have been doing ever since the release of ToA for an example that Jimmy brought up about CS if it drops and someone takes it and runs off with it. Been that way twice for me when I tried doing it so have basically given up on it and never bothered to take it up with RightNow.

And as far as I heard and know this is applicable on most servers both EU and US.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
1.70 makes GoV drop like normal loot so you can't steal it after it drops anymore.
Cloudsong is fixed in 1.71 I believe.

Usosan

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
1.70 makes GoV drop like normal loot so you can't steal it after it drops anymore.
Cloudsong is fixed in 1.71 I believe.

Does this mean it drops to the first person to ;
a) Hit Danos,
b) Pull Danos,
c) Kill Danos or
d) Do the most damage to Danos

If 1.70 fixes it so that the answer is c or d then the problem of people stealing mob after its pulled will still be around, but at least it stops people just /stick danos and spamming F7 + G while he's being killed.

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
it drops to the person that Does the most damage as with ALL mob loot drops in PvE.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Loosey said:
it drops to the person that Does the most damage as with ALL mob loot drops in PvE.

Not entirely sure whether its the most damage or whether its the most agro

Usosan

Fledgling Freddie
Thats as I thought, so in this case it wouldn't have helped as Danos was pulled off aggro while the adds were being killed, so still gonna be plenty of arti stealing going on... so glad my templates almost finished :)

Elvodus

Fledgling Freddie
Usosan said:
Thats as I thought, so in this case it wouldn't have helped as Danos was pulled off aggro while the adds were being killed, so still gonna be plenty of arti stealing going on... so glad my templates almost finished :)

<CRIES!> I also wanna be done with my stupid template :m00:

Acercerak

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
gosh, where were you when the good lord was handing out brains?

Strange, I've been wanting to ask you that same thing for awhile...
Being polite doesn't hurt you know...

Well, anyway, about this artifact thing...

As stated before, this should be solved on the Dark Prophecy forums, since it's a matter between JimyJR. and DP...
Posting it here gives a great guild like DP a bad name, and they don't deserve that.

I've known them to be around for a long time, and must say they're one of the coolest guilds around. I never had any trouble with any member of DP at all, and they're one of the only guilds of which I can say that.

Now, First cohort on the other hand... ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Acercerak said:
Strange, I've been wanting to ask you that same thing for awhile...

aww bless, no need to be shy you know. You could of asked me anytime you wanted to

I was at the front of the queue

There you go, you can sleep easy now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom