cosmos new EU version

egol

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know where i can get the working comsos UI on the new version of the EU wow? I get a error that its out of date and that i need to delete it :(

thnx

Sprags

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
Search google for WoWToC or just go to this link clicky

Download it and run it (think you have to point it off to your wow.exe) and you should be set to use cosmos again.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Ah nice one, I've been looking for it too. Playing wow without cosmos is like having sex with condoms IMO

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Just edit all the .toc files and change version to 4196.
Easy peasy...

But CTmod > Cosmos imo.

Too much fluff in Cosmos for me, but thats my opinion :D

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
The good thing about cosmos is you can manually turn all the fluff on or off =]

Pestilence

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, u can turn alot of stuff off. pesonally i have removed some stuff manually.
I am VERY curious about how thotbott have all the locs of all mobs and where they spawn and roam.
the "map" function on the webpage.
could it be that it is cosmos.exe that fetch the data?

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Its an option in Cosmos to record kill data etc for upload to thott

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
Ah nice one, I've been looking for it too. Playing wow without cosmos is like having sex with condoms IMO

Hmm so playing WoW without Cosmos feels better?
Because thats how I see your statment.
But it's alot safer with a condom :)

Or do you mean you don't play WoW without cosmos?
In that case I understand... I think :D

Alunaa

Fledgling Freddie
how do you get cosmos to show mob locations i couldnt find that one at all ?????

that would be very useful for me

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I haven't used Cosmos for a while (since the beginning of the final beta) because mostly I wanted to experiment with the other compilations, it was handy but I can live wothout it (although there was a mod in it I haven't found independently yet; scrolling the chat window with a mousewheel). Wasn't hugely impressed by Gypsy or CTmod, though there were bits of each that I liked but weren't essential.

These days I use separate UI mods to do different things, doesn't bother me all that much about the requirements (largely they're command line based) since I can remember them fairly easily. A few do feel a little cheat-like (Use a gather mod that remembers the position of ore/herbs/treasure on the mini/main map), one that allows my pet to feed itself automatically (after a while I really did develop some apathy to feeding the greedy little eejit) and another that allows me to select targets from the minimap (I play a hunter and this does prove invaluable at times as it annouces my target to the rest of me group, though that in itself becomes a nuisance).

Still, despite the drawbacks, they're actually quite useful, plus cosmos has this annoying problem of interfering with UI mods that are alien to it, which I never did like so dropping it wasn't a problem. There was also the added problem of abuse that'd been brought up in the past (and on the official WoW forums) some time ago.

I'm sure there was something more meaningful to this post but i'll be damned if I knew it :)

Alunaa

Fledgling Freddie
hey fuzzy whats the mod that remembers the mobs / ore on a map?
that would be extremly useful for me

ta :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom