Corporation wars

I

indeed

Hi, I'm taking a look at Eve at the moment and I have a question about corporations.

It seems to me that it would be very easy for large corporations to go around declaring war and gobbling up newbie corporations.

Is there a system in place to prevent this or an in game reason why its not profitable/done?

C

Custy

I dont think it is profitable anyway but the corp wud have to be full of tossers cuz to declare war, every corp member has to vote (voting period lasts 24hr anyway).

Im not sure that there are enough newb bashers in the game to make a large corp anyway but in the unlikely event that there were twatty corps like this then all the other reasonable players/corps (and there are enough of them) would, im sure, declare war on them and they would be crushed anyway.

I think that is true ^^ but i might just be talking bolx.

T

tris-

err custy, one of the key parts of the game is that corps will fight each other :uhoh: to gain power

T

Tom

Corps wont go around killing innocent noobs, because eventually what would happen is:

1) noobs would move away and form rival corp, consisting of lots of pissed off ppl after revenge

2) the violent corp would eventually splinter, with people taking off in the battleships they had. Corp would die.

3) gm would alter game balance, and add more pirates into the equation

C

Custy

N3wbie, you miss my point, i was stating that big corps wont pick on n00b ones because that corp will instantly become hated and other big corps wud attack it (no one likes newbie bashers). Just as Tomm Points out in the post above^^

X

Xtro

Ignoring the guy I picked a bounty up for, I zapped my first player yesterday. He was blatantly taking the p**s and had 3 warnings and a lock on from me - despite this he still carried on.

I was testing a new artillery cannon on pirates in a .5 sec and had blown 3-4 away. I was just trying to grab the loot when this guy flew in and started grabbing it for himself. All's fair in this game, its PvP after all but er..I'd just worked for that so damn him if I was letting him get away with that :) 2 messages and no reply, sent a "move off or you die, last warning" and no response. Bless him, he was only in a Burst...and burst he did :)

At least he took it in the spirit of things and sent a friendly message laughing about it - something like well you have to try dont you :). Sent him 50k just for that. If he had been all "stfu!" he'd have been left to rot :)

S

Scouse

Awww. Xtro, you're all fluffy and nice....

/wub

/puff

Users who are viewing this thread