Politics Coronavirus

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was in Tesco's yesterday and one woman I saw without a mask in the fruit and veg area sneezed with little concern or effort to restrict it since she was too busy talking to someone else, another woman seemed to think feeling all the fresh wrapped bread was a good idea.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That pisses me off anyway, people picking stuff up in the shop and not buying it, either you want it or you don't.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Interesting to see how people don't check if their food is ripened or baked correctly before buying.

It's a problem which is very complex to solve. We're -very- picky (No, not some stupid food disease related thing. I eat what I'm told to eat) with fruits/fresh veg/bread so we need to check. Unless gloves are a thing we start wearing then it's not going to stop.

"YAY this Mango looks ripe"
-30 days later-
*Should have just felt it*

But sneezing on things? Ew.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Funny thing is they never mention that Fox News has a vaccine mandate :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Funniest thing I saw about Tucker Carlson is that he always looks as though he's just watched you eat a full jar of mayonnaise. You can see it in that still above.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
WTF is going on in the EU?! water cannons, ffs.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Had my booster today, got offered my flu jab as well so got that done. Left arm feels like usual after such an injection, as if someone has given you a dead arm bruise.

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
You mean whats going on in Netherlands? They even shot at protestors looks nuts 😬

Not just the Netherlands. Belgium and Austria as well and i bet some of our (Germany's) states will have anti-lockdown protests as well, considering that far right nationals are pushing the anti-lockdown and antivax movements.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can't wait for people that complained about Insulate Britain to start protesting/rioting in the UK.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not here it won't.

Blah, blah, blah, peppa pig, blah blah vroom vroom.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh no! A virus has mutated! Whatever next?

Anyway...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well, Belgium have just confirmed a case of the new strain, so that's that then.

Xmas, cancelled!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Omicron / Omicon.

Poor choice of name to be fair.

Why not just keep it in order, Epsilon being the next up.

Embattle

FH is my second home
2 cases of the new variant detected in the UK so far.

So on the mum front, earlier this week it was confirmed to be lung cancer and yesterday she also found out a part of her lung collapsed because of it which unless the cancer is shrunk won't change but it also looks like it has affected a few of the lymph nodes in the same area. Now the good news also came yesterday in that it is non-small cell lung cancer and they have got authorisation already to use a immunotherapy drug called Pembrolizumab which is a whole body solution, the drug was described in thirds with 1/3 of patients having the cancer shrink, another 1/3 it gets stopped and the last 1/3 it does little but then other options such as chemo are introduced if needed.

So fingers crossed, it sounded a lot more positive after yesterday than it originally did but only time will tell.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Omicron / Omicon.

Poor choice of name to be fair.

Why not just keep it in order, Epsilon being the next up.

We've already had Epsilon apparently, it sort of fizzled out into nothing as I suspect this one might. Next Greek letter was Nu, but they decided not to use that to save confusion with the word "new" , then after that was Xi. As we can't name a variant after the country which made the virus (with US funding), they've skipped that and gone to Omicron, who I'm pretty sure was the bad guy in Transformers : The Movie.

Both cases in the UK are isolating at home rather than in a hospital, so probably worth putting the panic on hold for now.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Masks compulsory again.

I'm fascinated to see how this will go down, and if it will be enforced.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Doubt it, too many people screaming about having to wear a mask because it's against the Magna Carta or whatever, meanwhile they bend over and vote Tory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom