Politics Coronavirus

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it's a fairly acceptable question to ask and he answered it rather diplomatically, he could have shit talked us to death, but no, we just have a different system.
Not as careful isn't particularly diplomatic imho

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just what we needed, politicians around the western world arguing over rushing certification for dick points.

If Hancock fucked anything up, its that cretinous remark about being the first, forget the EU, its a twat of a slap in the face of the countries in Europe.
Thats it, were out now for good.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not as careful isn't particularly diplomatic imho
I think he knows there's a significant amount of anti-vax sentiment in America so he's playing to the crowd, nothing more.

Good on him, tbpfh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Dr Charlotte Summers is a lecturer in intensive care medicine at the University of Cambridge
Ok. Like theres two sides to this.

devils advocat and all that ;)

1. We are ahead of the curve and great at all things. We approve the vaccine and hope no one else finds anything.
2. We are stupid and others find gaps in the evidence and we shit a birck.

instead of trying to better everyone. If the research is fine why dont the major western (at least) countries pool their authentication bodies and double triple check. As the R&D companies have.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Because too many are lead by dick size comparing children, or get called communists for even suggesting it, or in the case of several female led Nordics their PMs are held to absurd standards that their male counterparts are not

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The UK are now offering compensation for side effects oO

Job

So, will you take it or other vaccines if its offered to you?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I’ve already stated I will not take it until later next year earliest

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Fauci has been bigging up the Moderna vaccine all the way through this, so was probably ever so slightly butthurt that Pfizer are currently getting all the plaudits.

Not that that should matter, as there are at least 3 main candidates out there (Oxford/Az, Moderna, Pfizer), and if we're going to vaccinate everyone who wants it, we will need all 3.

Which begs the next question - who determines who gets what? I'm assuming the most vulnerable in the UK will be getting the Pfizer one as it's available first, but after that? Can we choose?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fauci has been bigging up the Moderna vaccine all the way through this, so was probably ever so slightly butthurt that Pfizer are currently getting all the plaudits.

Not that that should matter, as there are at least 3 main candidates out there (Oxford/Az, Moderna, Pfizer), and if we're going to vaccinate everyone who wants it, we will need all 3.

Which begs the next question - who determines who gets what? I'm assuming the most vulnerable in the UK will be getting the Pfizer one as it's available first, but after that? Can we choose?

Surely it just comes down to what the UK have bought? I think we've already bought 40m units of the pfizer vaccine, so that should cover everyone who needs it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Surely it just comes down to what the UK have bought? I think we've already bought 40m units of the pfizer vaccine, so that should cover everyone who needs it.
20 million people? Out of 65?

Almost everyone needs done.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is the vaccine mandatory? I'm not completely opposed to it, just curious.
No. Vaccines shouldn't be mandatory - the medical profession is very clear that they need trust. Mandates break trust.

I'm not even remotely worried.

Bodhi

Must admit I didn't think we'd bought that much of the Pfizer vaccine - looks like we've bought 30 million doses - and 100 million of the Oxford vaccine!

In fact if you add up all we've bought, it comes to potentially 350 million doses. That strikes me as quite a lot - almost as if we've bought every vaccine we can find in the hope we get the good one.

No Sputnik purchased so far though - or the one British American Tobacco were working on. Sadface.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
40m will easily cover everyone who needs it.
Nah. We need to vaccinate as many people as possible.

This is potentially about eradicating the virus. Like we did with smallpox. Massive global vaccination programme.

If we don't go for eradication, then we need to go for herd immunity - and we need about 95% of the population to be vaccinated for that.

Bodhi

This is potentially about eradicating the virus. Like we did with smallpox. Massive global vaccination programme.

If we don't go for eradication, then we need to go for herd immunity - and we need about 95% of the population to be vaccinated for that.

Nice thought but not going to happen with the current vaccines. If they were sterilising vaccines then fair enough, but the current ones being released just reduce symptoms, don't stop you getting it.

This will just end up as the 5th endemic Coronavirus, and we are well on the way to Herd Immunity already. We don't need anywhere near 95% to have it - I've seen the HIT quoted at around 60%, and plenty of people believe it is lower than that when you add in cross-immunity from other Coronaviruses. Bear in mind Herd Immunity doesn't mean the virus disappears, just that any flare ups are small and easy to manage as the virus runs out of susceptible hosts. It's also how every other Pandemic has finished, despite the fact that the viruses in question are still circulating (Spanish, Hong Kong etc are all still out there).

Treat it like the flu vaccine imo. Vaccinate the vulnerable, then make it available to anyone else who wants it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

We wont eradicate it. It will be around to stay I think. Something we are going to have to live with.
Get your flu and covid jabs each year

Prof Jonathan Van-Tam said on TV he believes once vaccine is mainstream it will become a seasonal virus.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
As others do, I think it will just be the vulnerable that get it, i'd be surprised if anyone under 50 gets it unless they have an underlying illness and are therefore at risk. I do wonder if it may be made mandatory for travel to some places though.

Job

Its been stated that this vaccine is very fragile, has to be kept at minus 80 ofd and even exlxcessive movement can damage it.

They keep referring to being allowed on safety terms to break up these minimum 1000 dose blocks and are hoping to be cleared to do it.
Why is safety such an issue, is there a possibility the rna could be damaged and make a mutated vaccine?

Oh and from the gov website.
Someone covering their ass here?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Jvt said the virus is always going to be here. He is t talking about irradication

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom