Politics Coronavirus

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That would suggest that it was HCQ that killed them rather than COVID. Given it's been used to treat Lupus for decades, I find that incredibly hard to believe.
It is known to have cardiac side-effects. Given that Covid can attack the heart anyway it's a bit of a risk.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's pretty simple. HCQ administration resulted in a higher death rate from Covid.

All medicines have effects - and not all of them positive. Even mild medicines take some sort of toll on the body. Whether we use them is a risk-based call - do the benefits outweight the risks? HCQ's effects clearly meant that you were more likely to die of Covid after administration, not less.

Which is the whole argument against using untested medicines to treat random shit with no evidence proved right there...

Edit: Conversely, if it had helped with survival rates then that would have been brilliant - a total luck-in.

But it didn't. It made it harder for very ill and weak people to survive.

Now I've had a look at the study it's even worse. They've taken an increased mortality rate from some highly dubious RCTs done early in the pandemic (the UK RECOVER trial effectively gave patients an overdose of it) and applied it at the population level. This effectively means not a Single case where HCQ had killed a patient was identified.

Worst case with repurposing existing well understood medicines for something like COVID is they had no effect on the bug at all, but suggesting the medicines killed people? That's an almighty stretch, even for politically motivated studies like this.

I'd tend to agree HCQ didn't do much - although it was fun drinking Gin and Tonics during lockdown just in case - much like Ivermectin. However except in the case of the moron in the US who drank fish tank cleaner, the evidence just isn't there that it killed anyone.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Still been told I'm suffering what is probably post COVID issues from the start of December, this also might include Tachycardia which appeared shortly afterwards.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still been told I'm suffering what is probably post COVID issues from the start of December, this also might include Tachycardia which appeared shortly afterwards.
That sucks m8. :(

You've made me think - I had some really worrying tachycardia after getting covid at the end of September - really scarily as I was suffering with it (at night, in bed). Then for a few weeks afterwards. It's dying down though.

Fucking horrible disease.

Embattle

FH is my second home
That sucks m8. :(

You've made me think - I had some really worrying tachycardia after getting covid at the end of September - really scarily as I was suffering with it (at night, in bed). Then for a few weeks afterwards. It's dying down though.

Fucking horrible disease.

It has possibly enhanced a number of issues, plus produced a few additions.

So as many know I've had Crohn's for over 3 decades along with Enteropathic arthritis and IBS. In 2019 I was diagnosed with essential hypertension.

The middle of November 2023 I got some groin, lower back, scrotum pain but after some blood and urine tests no UTI or infection. This pain got so extreme in early Jan 2024 it had me in tears, the GP has prescribed me amitriptyline to help me sleep and eventually reduce the pain from what they think might be fibromyalgia. I'm also doing pelvic and buttock exercises just in case, plus keep my legs slightly raised at night to take pressure off my hips.

As previously mentioned I noticed my Tachycardia at the end of Dec 2024, in essence my heart was pounding and even though I was sitting it was going 142 BPM. It did drop from that but seemed to remain above 100 BPM and a trip to A&E confirmed Tachycardia, my normal resting rate is 70 BPM. The tests they did in A&E showed no immediate deadly causes but I've been referred to cardiology. Oh and add into the mix at the same time my hypertension got worse.

So things that have got worse post COVID include fatigue, IBS, BP, Heart rate, pain issue....might all be coincidence.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It has possibly enhanced a number of issues, plus produced a few additions.

So as many know I've had Crohn's for over 3 decades along with Enteropathic arthritis and IBS. In 2019 I was diagnosed with essential hypertension.

The middle of November 2023 I got some groin, lower back, scrotum pain but after some blood and urine tests no UTI or infection. This pain got so extreme in early Jan 2024 it had me in tears, the GP has prescribed me amitriptyline to help me sleep and eventually reduce the pain from what they think might be fibromyalgia. I'm also doing pelvic and buttock exercises just in case, plus keep my legs slightly raised at night to take pressure off my hips.

As previously mentioned I noticed my Tachycardia at the end of Dec 2024, in essence my heart was pounding and even though I was sitting it was going 142 BPM. It did drop from that but seemed to remain above 100 BPM and a trip to A&E confirmed Tachycardia, my normal resting rate is 70 BPM. The tests they did in A&E showed no immediate deadly causes but I've been referred to cardiology. Oh and add into the mix at the same time my hypertension got worse.

So things that have got worse post COVID include fatigue, IBS, BP, Heart rate, pain issue....might all be coincidence.
Jeez, I know some of what you feel right now. I have to say I also have Amitriptyline to help me sleep but I went back to the doctor and told them "I may as well eat Smarties before bed as these do nothing for me". They upped the dosage but still do fuckall, got a telephone appt this morning where I will ask again for something stronger.

I just googled that condition and it showed I had already searched for it and most of the symptons listed are what I suffer from, apart from IBS as I now have several shit sticks as I keep blocking the toilet much to my family's amusement. I have asked my family if they will make me a new one with glitter on it but each time I ask they tell me to fuck off.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Oh joy, somehow I've got Covid again and just started another course of Paxlovid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Reading through that article it doesn't look like Paxlovid Rebound has even been established as real - or more prevalent than normal rebound.

Funny how notoriety is gained isn't it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was clear on testing the end of last week, however today I did a test again due to having a colonoscopy tomorrow and I'm positive again, probably rebound, so there goes my colonoscopy appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom