Drink Coronabirthdays

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Strange question but what have people been doing to make birthdays feel like birthdays for people who are isolated?

It's my batty old mother's 75th birthday today and other than trying to get the family on a birthday zoom at some point (which is going to be hard, my sister's got both her daughters back at home so I suspect she's happy as a pig in shit as she's gone from 3 calls a week to incommunicado).

Anyone done owt for their relatives / friends / got any ideas?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Zoom Video Conference Birthday party, done two. We even synced on drinks/cocktails over Whatsapp beforehand.

Works really well and they waived the 40 min limit on every call we have done so far (free subs model)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Strange question but what have people been doing to make birthdays feel like birthdays for people who are isolated?

It's my batty old mother's 75th birthday today and other than trying to get the family on a birthday zoom at some point (which is going to be hard, my sister's got both her daughters back at home so I suspect she's happy as a pig in shit as she's gone from 3 calls a week to incommunicado).

Anyone done owt for their relatives / friends / got any ideas?

If your mum is close by you could do a drive by and wave at her like some people have done.
'Drive-by party' held for boy's seventh birthday

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My 47 on 29th, my bro 45th 24th and assuming she makes it my mums 70 on the 16th May

had booked a cottage in deepest Herefordshire ish area for the week of me mums but we had to move that till next year. Again if we all make it that far.

i will send a car, facetime and maybe send flowers or yummies. Though hard to find food to send atm

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have a “big” birthday this year which I have now deferred to either October or next May, dependent on the situation. We had not planned lots of people for a party etc but we were going to Greece and then seeing Green Day as soon as we returned. In the current situation we will have a nice dinner locally or home - this will be great :)

russell

FH is my second home
My mums 70th a few weeks back. Had arranged a big get together... all cancelled. Week in London- cancelled. Show tickets- cancelled. Can all be deferred till later...
Actual day... family Zoom. She had lots of phone calls and cards. She was happy.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Mrs Yuck is having weekly video chats with her sisters and mum. They all get glasses of wine and chat together for an hour or so. It's helping her deal with the fact she might not see her family for quite a while yet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yay @russell! How thee? :)

Group zoom for my mum with a promise of a posh country house stay later in the year. Separate phone calls too. She's not capable of holding group conversations but I think the bustle of watching her family talk to each other makes her feel secure :)

russell

FH is my second home
Yay Scouse x. It’s been ages... glad to see you are still here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom