Core or Open

What servertype do you favour at the moment?

• Core (PvE without ganking)

Votes: 215 75.4%
  • Open (PvE with ganking)

Votes: 43 15.1%
  • I'm clueless and will follow my internetm8s judgement

Votes: 27 9.5%

• Total voters

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Core for me.

Though I'll certainly give open a try if things start to get a little dull.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
getting hit by 1 single AE of sorts will automatically flag the `user` for PVP.

so if you see someone using pbaoe / ae damage on mobs, just walking in it will get that player flagged for pvp... or at least it was like that in beta.

dunno if that count as abuse / exploit / griefing though.

Nah if yer aoeing it won't hit an unflagged character. But I think you meant more if you're aoeing and someone flagged walks into your effect - you get flagged. Not sure if this is the case or not. Must test :)

If you do a group buff or a group heal and anyone in your group is flagged - you'll get flagged.

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
The PvP servers arn't as scary as they sound tbh, camps have imba guards that one shot you.. So unlike PvP servers in wow for example, they actually have plenty of safe areas.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Nah if yer aoeing it won't hit an unflagged character. But I think you meant more if you're aoeing and someone flagged walks into your effect - you get flagged. Not sure if this is the case or not. Must test :)

if an unflagged player hits a flagged player with an ae effect, the unflagged player gets flagged.

i`ve seen it happen that a unflagged engineers turret (probably on aggro) hit me, flagging the player in progress. or at least i think that is what happened.

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
Core. This game is built around PvP, and while the first few tiers have more PvE areas than RvR lakes, the higher areas are predominantly PvP. I have a feeling that Open servers will have less of the structured RvR around BOs and keeps, and more random countryside ganking.

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
im going open... it would suck not being able to stab that damn goblin if i see him running around :p

Acrisius91

Fledgling Freddie
When doing the PQ in greenskin chapter 3 (the one where you kill LOTS of stunties) I encountered some Order players. And my imidiate impulse was KILL KILL KILL. And when I couldn't do that...I was a little disappointed. The only thing that would make me go for core and not open is if you could corpse camp. Which you can't. So a bunch of lamers camping a place? Go do something else for a while and let them waste their time until they realise that they have no one to gank. Besides, where is the WAAAAGH! feeling when you can stand right next to a guy, you being flagged for PvP while he is unflagged and you can do nothing? Then as you try to go on with your quest, he stabs you while you have half a dozen mobs on you. WHERE IS THE WAAAGH?! :)

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going Core as I think it was starting on a PVP server that ruind WOW for me since once you to around level 35 and above the level 60's came to gank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom