Core or Open

What servertype do you favour at the moment?

• Core (PvE without ganking)

Votes: 215 75.4%
  • Open (PvE with ganking)

Votes: 43 15.1%
  • I'm clueless and will follow my internetm8s judgement

Votes: 27 9.5%

• Total voters

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
Hai!

As there is a order/dest poll going im trying to get a figure of what servertype will be the most favourable of the FH community
(first attempt at a poll btw so no drama plox!)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Core for me all the way. I see no fun in attacking players who do not want to fight me.
If I ever need the thrill of being attackable anywhere, I'll just flag myself for PvP.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
flashbacks of camlann, officially the Worst Thing Ever™ just hit me. I know its unlikely to be anything like it, but I prefer my RvR strictly for the RvR zones!

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Will wait n see what my friends choose im easy either way. Used to being ganked on WoW so its all the same. If i had to choose myself though i would prolly go for Core which is what i voted for on the poll.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Core, if that's the major RvR one.
major RvR one? If you mean the server type that will have RvR in more places by default then that is "open". Whereas "core" servers only flag you for RvR in RvR zones or enemy territory.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
After playing the beta and seeing the environment layout? Core.

The only person who will go on Open is those willing to go out their way to piss someone else off.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Core for me. After Ultima Online, I will never ever play on an open PvP game again. I sometimes like to be able to relax and piss about without having my heart in my throat the entire time wondering if someone's going to kill me when I start fighting a mob or waiting for my crops to grow.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
my guess is most daoc players will go core, camlann players don't count!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Open as you cant get ganked due to the Chicken aspect. Will be nice to beat the shit out of someone who is taking your mobs

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Will be nice to beat the shit out of someone who is taking your mobs

You realize things are quite segregated in WAR? So the likely hood is you'll never see anyone else unless you cross the RvR zones? :p

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Open as you cant get ganked due to the Chicken aspect. Will be nice to beat the shit out of someone who is taking your mobs

As I understand it you are PvP flagged in enemy PvE lands - so basically if enemies are taking your mobs, you can attack them on Core.

Open are for those who want to attack others while they are fighting mobs in their own zone. That seems to be the only difference from what I've seen so far.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
You realize things are quite segregated in WAR? So the likely hood is you'll never see anyone else unless you cross the RvR zones? :p

Sorry bad example. I just wanted to re-iterate the point of people having to always be on their toes.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
As I understand it you are PvP flagged in enemy PvE lands - so basically if enemies are taking your mobs, you can attack them on Core.

Open are for those who want to attack others while they are fighting mobs in their own zone. That seems to be the only difference from what I've seen so far.

On Core it will nodoubt work like WoW and SWG. If you go into their zone, you are flagged for PVP. Lets say you are Destruction.

If the Order person see's you, he can dance infront of you and you cant touch him. However he can attack you at any point. Once he attacks you, he will become pvp flagged.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Core, wont make the same misstake as in AOC where i went on a pvp server, getting ganked by a full group is no fun every 5-10 min. :)

Irgil

Regular Freddie
going core, no fun getting ganked every time i go for a smoke ;p

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
core for me :) nothing quite as annoying as being ganked repeatedly by a twelve year old high on cola..

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Open RvR Server Ruleset
Are you ready for the next challenge in RvR? Do you love the adrenaline rush of always having to look behind your back for the enemy? If so, then we welcome you to Open RvR, where you will either shine or falter in a constant battle for glory! Battle your enemies outside of the RvR lakes and affect the fate of your realm! Your Chapter 1 hub and your capital city are the only locations in the game where you have safe confines, of course that is until your city becomes under attack.

Rules:

* Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
* Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
* There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
* Players will be chickened when entering lower tiers of content

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
Btw, in 'open', isn't it actually just rvr everywhere rather than pvp everywhere ?

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
my guess is most daoc players will go core, camlann players don't count!

Ouch dat hurt! :p

I'll go where friends go. I have not enough knowledge about rulesets and how they will effect the gameplay to choose.

Camlann suited my gametime when it was out due to not having time to take part in set groups and not wanting to go to 100 vs 100 zerg in Emain. Saying Camlann is worst thing ever just shows that the player typing it did not adapt his playstyle to it. Getting ganked while PvE'ing only existed if you were like "omg I go exp at Fins that rawks!" (and no im not 12 year old and get a hardon by killing grey cons)

All this said it dont look on ruleset and gameworld like a PvP environment here is same as in Daoc so....

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
As a general rule, I prefer open warfare. It seems against the spirit of the game to be able to interact 'socially' with the enemy in safe zones with the use of emotes and so on..

however, core might see much more organized combat purely because of the zone-specific RvR, this might make it a better experience in general, because people who want to fight (and why wouldn't you?) will all be here. There could be much larger battles, for much longer because people will want to satiate their bloodthirst..

Then we come back to the spirit of the game.. I don't like the idea of being safe, and I like the idea of the enemy being safe even less..

Euphie

Fledgling Freddie
Core cause the open servers are more restricting that the Core ones

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

getting hit by 1 single AE of sorts will automatically flag the `user` for PVP.

so if you see someone using pbaoe / ae damage on mobs, just walking in it will get that player flagged for pvp... or at least it was like that in beta.

dunno if that count as abuse / exploit / griefing though.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ouch dat hurt! :p

I'll go where friends go. I have not enough knowledge about rulesets and how they will effect the gameplay to choose.

Camlann suited my gametime when it was out due to not having time to take part in set groups and not wanting to go to 100 vs 100 zerg in Emain. Saying Camlann is worst thing ever just shows that the player typing it did not adapt his playstyle to it. Getting ganked while PvE'ing only existed if you were like "omg I go exp at Fins that rawks!" (and no im not 12 year old and get a hardon by killing grey cons)

All this said it dont look on ruleset and gameworld like a PvP environment here is same as in Daoc so....

Open will be like WoW pvp server when you are in Outland

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom