Copy characters from UK to US Servers

N

nobrot

I have asked Goa/Mythic if they are able to copy characters from UK servers to US servers.

I aksed because my time zone means that after work, the UK servers are dead, but the US servers are Kicking. So I open a US account and start afresh... but I just cant stand the idea of leveling another char to 50, so I have asked if they can copy my 50 SB from Prydwen to Lancelot..

Now is this a lame request?, or does anyone else think this is a service that would be welcomed by some customers.

I expect there will be an admin charge, but thats ok...

Any comments??

F

Feac_

i have a feeling they wont or cant do that but please post the outcome of your request.

think of the amount that would migrate to US servers GOA would lose a lot of money nice idea though :)

G

Gandir

They would ofcourse never agree to such a move, becaus they would lose money on it. And they would not take reason, and understand that they will lose that money anyway. Just like they dont take reason and dont understand that a lot of people would like a coop server to start playing again so them self can earn more money!

Companies does not think longer than there noses these days!

D

Draylor

GOA would never allow this - there'd be noone left on their servers ;)

O

old.Gillaien

GOA and Mythic are 2 totally different companies selling different products (daoc us and daoc eu), its a bit like asking Blizzard to transfer a Diablo2-Char to NWN ;)

D

Damon_D

Maybe 2 diff companies..but the games the same, so the char should be able to be moved... If I could convince my friends to come along.. i would be off this sec...just the option to have a test server, where you can copy your char over and test spec's / new spell's etc. ... that would be worth it alone

G

Gandir

If you want to play on the US servers just by a US account that is all you have to do! And no GOA have no obligation or any kind of commitment to transfer characters to Mystic. It's kind of stupid to think that is a viable option, becaus the fact that they are diffrent companies. And you did choice to play for GOA and so did I. And I do regret it, but if I want to play on the US servers I will have to by a US copy of the game and I do respect that!

O

old.tRoG

Even if it were possible, just think about the fights over names :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by bombshell
What about excal to prydwen ? ;)

Excalibur is run by GOA
Prydwen is run by GOA

If one character switched between the two then GOA lose no customers, altho as mentioned, things like names may be a potential problem.

However moving from say Prydwen (run by GOA) to a US server (run by Mythic) would mean they lose a customer. And if they did it for one person it would have to be an option for all so they could possible lose several subscriptions.

Even if they only lost one monthly subscription, why would they do it? They get no benefit from it so it's not in their best interests.

Sorry but that's the way it is :mad:

O

old.tRoG

Hmmm.... They could charge a huge 'switch-over' fee?

Say, £50. If that person is forced to stay in EU, they won't be playing long. Not long enough the give goa the £50.

But it would work vice-versa, too. Then we'd get tons of wierdo yanks :p

O

old.tRoG

And get 100 japs running around going 'Ooooooh, new toy.... ooooooh, very interesting... hmmmm.... eat sushi...'

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.tRoG
And get 100 japs running around going 'Ooooooh, new toy.... ooooooh, very interesting... hmmmm.... eat sushi...'

Worse than

"NAS!!1 XDDD MACHO MACHO MAN!"?
"u gifv plvl plz, hav gold and nies ekipment plz am new"?

prolly not

O

old.tRoG

japanese daoc probably involves some sort of strange trial involving tubs of maggots, and a 3kg bar of cheese.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.tRoG
japanese daoc probably involves some sort of strange trial involving tubs of maggots, and a 3kg bar of cheese.
I hate cheese :eek:

Maybe I'll play something else instead.

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
GOA and Mythic are 2 totally different companies selling different products (daoc us and daoc eu), its a bit like asking Blizzard to transfer a Diablo2-Char to NWN ;)

I asked last week because I have the same problem but Gillaien pretty much hit it on the head. 2 different companies with 2 difference subscription models. They don't talk to each other enough to be able to transfer characters basically.

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by Omniscieous
I wanna move to the Asian Servers :cool:

No you don't. I investigated there too sinceI live in China and nobody cheats like the Koreans. Trust me. And they speak goddamn yingkong language.

F

Flimgoblin

also the characters are different versions - europe is 1.60, US is 1.63e at the moment.

They'd have to create a character convertor from EU to the current US version - every time the EU patch changed or the US patch changed...

But yeah they're different companies, so I doubt they'll do it.

My advice is roll a necro on one server, power to 50, /level your alt to 30 :)

S

scarffs

Dont think they'll ever allow it.
But he who doesnt try...

J

j0ker

they cannot and will not transfer characters from one server to another for one simple reason

character names.

gonna be a problem copying Barry the beserker from excal to pryd if theres already a char called Barry there (in any realm)

R

rynnor

Originally posted by j0ker
they cannot and will not transfer characters from one server to another for one simple reason

character names.

gonna be a problem copying Barry the beserker from excal to pryd if theres already a char called Barry there (in any realm)

Not really - they just append an extra character to the name - Barry becomes Barryx and you are then able to appeal to change it.

Thats what they did in EQ.

N

-Nxs-

As others have said - technicaly this is almost certainly possible, even if its just delete the character one end - and manualy create him the other.

Realisticaly its not going to happen. Its not just not good business sense for one company to give a customer to another company.. sorry.. but ill be amazed if they agree.

K

kallora

Nice idea however Mythic don't have the facility to copy characters between accounts on teh same servers yet... I have a 50 friar and a 50 Minstrel on Galahad and I'd LOVE to copy one over to my other accoutn so I could play them both in RvR at the same time :)

When Mythic ran a poll on what the customers think Mythic should add to the game, the copying of characters betwen accoutns was an option and was VERY popular so I've heard.

I had one of my guild members in the situation where his daughter had levelled a cleric to 40 on the same accoutn as his 50 theurg and they wanted to play together so bought a second account only to discover they couldn't copy the characters... They stopped playing soon after that :(

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by kallora
Nice idea however Mythic don't have the facility to copy characters between accounts on teh same servers yet... I have a 50 friar and a 50 Minstrel on Galahad and I'd LOVE to copy one over to my other accoutn so I could play them both in RvR at the same time :)

When Mythic ran a poll on what the customers think Mythic should add to the game, the copying of characters betwen accoutns was an option and was VERY popular so I've heard.

I had one of my guild members in the situation where his daughter had levelled a cleric to 40 on the same accoutn as his 50 theurg and they wanted to play together so bought a second account only to discover they couldn't copy the characters... They stopped playing soon after that :(

*cough* eBay *cough*

E

etaew

Originally posted by j0ker

character names.

not really.. the US are closing one of the very underpopulated PvP servers arent they and merging it with a bigger PvP server.. so .. :) they would find a way.. by offering the player a chance to change names imo... weather or not theyd do it.. i doubt it :)

K

kallora

They can do it but whether tehy WANT to do it is another matter. There are really no technical limitations, just an administrative overhead.

Moving from one company to another is a totally different prospect and neither GOA nor Mythic I bet would be particularl interested in losing customers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom