Cops sink 90 rounds into a teen in the USA

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Shooting seems justified, basically what happend was:

kid goes on a bender in a car trying to outrun the police

he then phones 911 and tells the dispatcher he has a loaded gun

when they finally manage to stop him he exists his vehicle and starts running backwards while lifting his arm and making gun like motions as if he was going to shoot someone / police react and stick 90 rounds into the kid

Now, is it just me or does it seem like that kid was literally trying to get himself killed on purpose? and if so wtf?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Even so, it's retarded - wait till you see an actual gun before you kill someone.

Admittedly we have shot someone for brandishing a chair leg in a menacing fashion however I definitely felt guilty about it and voted against the political party in office at the time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Twat got owned hard style.

I would do that news reporter hard style too.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
True ECA but then again it was pitch black, he already told them he had a loaded gun and that he was going to use it and then he starts making gun gestures where its clearly dark despite the odd flash of the search light off the squad cars, hard to make anything out during all that.

90??!?! What the fuck is that about.

I was wondering about that myself, I assume the 90 bullet thing is just misleading by the press - guessing it was 90 shots fired until they hit him.. was prob only a few shots to bring him down.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Even so, it's retarded - wait till you see an actual gun before you kill someone.

Admittedly we have shot someone for brandishing a chair leg in a menacing fashion however I definitely felt guilty about it and voted against the political party in office at the time.

Fuck that, if someone is daft enough to pretend they're pointing a gun at armed officers then they shouldn't be surprised to find themselves dead.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Fuck that, if someone is daft enough to pretend they're pointing a gun at armed officers then they shouldn't be surprised to find themselves dead.

Meh on the face of it yes - however too many people don't have the balls to commit suicide themselves - the fact that US cops are gunhappy has made suicide by cop a popular mechanism for comitting suicide in the US.
Even cops have emotional problems that arise from killing people n all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They also have problems with people shooting at their buddies. With choppers and sirens all over the place and some retard pretending to shoot at them I am hardly surprised they shat on him. But yeah, 90 rounds seems excessive, I doubt it was 90 hits, if it was 90 hits he would be pulp.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
he wouldnt be standing for the full 90 heh, I doubt he'd be standing for more than 2-3 tbh.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The guy claimed he had a gun, it was dark with strobing lights and he was making shooting motions at the cops. I can't think of a single reason to think the police did anything other than exactly the right thing. As for the 90 bullets thing, well 90 rounds were probably fired but not many would have hit him. He was jinking around too much for anyone other than a top sharp-shooter to hit him consistently.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Suicide by cop.

And 90 bullets sound like 6 cops emptied their weapons into him. Wait till you see a gun? Fuck that shit, if he said he has a gun and threatens police, then cops pulling over a suspect at night can't wait for a mussel flash to react. The guy makes a threatening motion you shoot the fucker simple as.

And while emptying the gun seems excessive it is probably how hey are trained, shoot the suspect till it stops moving.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Grim it may be Cho, but if someone is waving a gun around, pointing it at the officers, I don't think anything other than shoot to kill applies. Trying for a wounding shot it unrealistic in anything other than a firing range. Center mass is the biggest target on a human body.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Meh on the face of it yes - however too many people don't have the balls to commit suicide themselves - the fact that US cops are gunhappy has made suicide by cop a popular mechanism for comitting suicide in the US.
Even cops have emotional problems that arise from killing people n all.

Tbh though, when it comes to life or death hesitation isn't really the best option. I'd personally rather not take a chance with my own life just to see if criminal is messing around or not. In these sorts of situation no doubt everything is happening really fast, adrenaline is high and at a distance, it's not always clear what is a gun and what isn't.. Hindsight would always make the decision easier.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Now, is it just me or does it seem like that kid was literally trying to get himself killed on purpose? and if so wtf?

Suicide by cop is common in the US, it can't be proved it was suicide and pays out on the insurance.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Suicide by cop is common in the US, it can't be proved it was suicide and pays out on the insurance.

Aye seems so, reading further into it he was kicked out of the police academy or something and felt let down by the police department.. so it was probably a big "Fuck you" to the police.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
with respect, I have a really hard time understanding US police tactics. they seem to pile the coppers on until they overwhelm a suspect by sheer volume rather than superior strategy.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
imagine giving the PCSO's guns over here...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I might apply to be a PCSO just to be a total cunt, I'd make such an awesome fake copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom