Film Coolest Western Ever.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
"Not too Shabby"

Man, that looks abysmal.

Zede

Part of the furniture
good to have diff slants on the ole' western.

Any one see The Proposition (australian western) ?

Amazing film, by a goth rock god too !

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
For me its Eastwood spaghetti westerns or nothing. Old black&white classics bore the crap out of me

Mey

Part of the furniture
Will probably watch it, can't say whether i'm going to enjoy it from the trailer though.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Nick Cave isnt goth rock :(

and he only wrote the manus and the music. however its bloody good (and bloody bloody).
Wanted to see this at Roskilde Festival but didnt get to so i still need to! although trailer doesnt look particular good.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Nick Cave isnt goth rock :(

and he only wrote the manus and the music. however its bloody good (and bloody bloody).
Wanted to see this at Roskilde Festival but didnt get to so i still need to! although trailer doesnt look particular good.

he wrote the story the movie was based on, not just the music

georgie

FH is my second home
zede, now read what i wrote. MANUS and MUSIC

Dictionary:
manus
(mā'nəs, mä'-) pronunciation

n., pl. manus.

The distal part of the forelimb of a vertebrate, including the wrist and hand or the carpus and forefoot.

:kissit:

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Theres been some decent Westerns of late. That 3:10 to Yuma was pretty good and the Kevin Costner Westerns aren't bad. The Spaghetti Westerns are by far the best though but this Crouching Cowboy Hidden Indian bollocks just looks sooooo shit.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Theres been some decent Westerns of late. That 3:10 to Yuma was pretty good and the Kevin Costner Westerns aren't bad. The Spaghetti Westerns are by far the best though but this Crouching Cowboy Hidden Indian bollocks just looks sooooo shit.

3:10 was a remake.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tis the coolest western EVAH!

locandina.jpg

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
3:10 to Yuma looks like a good western.
Personnally, I'm hard pressed to mention my favourite western, but I'd sure include:

- Tombstone
- The Outlaw Josey Wales
- For a few dollars more
- Or any western with John Wayne...especially "The Searchers"

Sure, those old westerns are naive when you look at them now (just like old war movies for that matter), but those movies just have that something extra theose more recent movies don't have (I can't really find the words to explain this in English, as it's not my native language, but I'm sure you all know what I mean :) )

Gahn

Resident Freddy
3:10 to Yuma looks like a good western.
Personnally, I'm hard pressed to mention my favourite western, but I'd sure include:

- Tombstone
- The Outlaw Josey Wales
- For a few dollars more
- Or any western with John Wayne...especially "The Searchers"

Sure, those old westerns are naive when you look at them now (just like old war movies for that matter), but those movies just have that something extra theose more recent movies don't have (I can't really find the words to explain this in English, as it's not my native language, but I'm sure you all know what I mean :) )

I gotcha there but still:

510ACB8XC2L._SS500_.jpg

can't get tired of watching it :eek:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
For me its Eastwood spaghetti westerns or nothing. Old black&white classics bore the crap out of me

word, you see 2 mules for sister sara last night? excellant film that is and the good the bad and the ugly and the outlaw josie wales have to be my faves

other Eastwood films i enjoy are: all the dirty harry's, heartbreak ridge, tightrope and well...all of them i think...the any which way ones are alright but i got so sick of people coming up to me and going "right turn clyde" it kind of put me off.

oh and paint my wagon...man the guy should never of done a musical tbh

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I gotcha there but still:

510ACB8XC2L._SS500_.jpg

can't get tired of watching it :eek:

One of the best movies ever. :)
I finally bought the DVD a few weeks ago (I still had it on VHS :p )
Even though those old war movies are naive in a way, there's no recent movies that outshine "Where Eagles Dare" or "The Longest day"...or "the Brige on the river Kwai", etc etc... :) )

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
there's no recent movies that outshine "Where Eagles Dare" or "The Longest day"...or "the Brige on the river Kwai", etc etc... :) )

I'd add Guns of Navarone and Lawrence of Arabia to that list.

fav Westerns:

The wild bunch
The searchers
unforgiven
the good, the bad and the ugly
A fistfull of dollars
A few dollars more
Magnificent 7
Pale rider

For the Jap movie nuts Magnificient 7 was a remake of Kurosawa's 7 samuri and a fistful of dollars was a remake of Yojimbo. In both cases the original is worth watching.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
For the Jap movie nuts Magnificient 7 was a remake of Kurosawa's 7 samuri and a fistful of dollars was a remake of Yojimbo. In both cases the original is way better

For easy watching I think A fistful of dollars and Yojimbo are actually pretty close, I think clint makes the film and it's well done. The dialogue/scenes are straight up rips though.

Magnificent Seven is a decent film in its own right but Seven Samurai is a masterpiece and if you want to be an elitist film **** like me you have to watch it.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Any1 seen "3-10 to Yuma"?

Watched it yesterday and I rly rly rly liked it, after Unforgiving, imo the best modern Western.

Christian Bale is so fucking good actor tbfh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom