Cookie cutter Warlock spec?

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Im looking for one at L24 and on L50, I havent read anything about these at all so any help will be appreciated. :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Why hasn't anybody said a sensible spec yet?
I think the current FOTM is:

34 Bryna bridge camping
42 Chamber dumping
rest in /release

maybe I should go roll hib to avoid the whines :D

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
anti-warlocks is getting boring now :| if you dont like them, QQ at Mythic ffs.
dont hate the players, hate the game.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone going to give a serious answer maybe?

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Look like this forums has turned in to childish wankers...

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
For thid I would probebly go for 21 Hex, 11 Witchcraft, but for lvl 50 you can go 2 ways.

First one is 30 Witchcraft 43Hexing and rest in curesing. This one require that you get Mastery of focuz 2 at lvl 50. It gives you 3 chambers, 1 of wich you can put bolts in, but sligthly less dmg per nuke that if you go with the other spec.

Second one is 19 Witchcraft 50Hex rest in cureseing. You will only have 2 chambers with this one, but your higher dmg will compansate for this.

Atm I would say that the first one is better, you get better primers, etc less power used on the uninteruptible, faster powerless and longer range. Bolt chamber is also fun, only way to stop thouse nasty adding scouts if they attack from max range.

Hope this helps you some m8, and stfu all you :wanker:'s

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Welly ou could go the popular spec people had in beta on US. Like 40-41wc 34 hex 8 curse.

Or chose a tri-spec.. I would not recomend this pre RR5+ since you need some passives.

foreing

Fledgling Freddie
Hex to 13.
WC to 8.
Hex to 19. (Level 21 19 hex, 8 WC)
Hex to 20. (Level 22 20 hex, 8 WC)
WC to 19. (Level 28 = 20 hex, 19 WC)
Hex to 43. (Level 45 = 43 hex, 19 WC)
Choose your spec here, either 50 hex, 19 WC or 43 hex, 30 WC.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Sinnica said:
anti-warlocks is getting boring now :| if you dont like them, QQ at Mythic ffs.
dont hate the players, hate the game.
i blame the people for wanting to play such easymode 1button fotm spammer ;o

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
43 Hex 30 WC at lvl 50. The 3 chambers will keep u alive 1v1 or 1v2. After the nerf I may try 50/20 out to try keep two high damage chambers.

Ignore the idiots in this thread. You pay your subs you can play what u like, when u like.

Warlock is the only thing keeping me playing at the moment. All the old school players/guilds have left and the Warlock is ideal for me to solo with as I have a life and can only get online a few hours here and there.

QQ

Everz

FH is my second home
Pfft Zav you have chanter on hib.. play that :twak: not your warlock...

P.S PL me :clap:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks to the guys with the useful answers, most helpful. :)

MythieY

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
or just quit is so much simpler

he should just quit to make it easyer on him self..he always gets owned in rvr by EVERYTHING

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
i blame the people for wanting to play such easymode 1button fotm spammer ;o

It is one button for each chamber tho, not much different from Hib casters with 9 sec stun. Stun nuke nuke (2 buttons) = dead Mid or Alb, only difference is that it is Mid's having the Warlock ;)

There is many OP classes, Warlock is not the only one. But prolly harder for Mythic to admit making mistakes with older classes.

/Leahc

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
warlock is vastly more op than any other class in the game

any realm can stun/nuke combo, and while the stun may stop you running away the nuke dmg is nothing special
a warlock on the other hand can instant kill almost anything if it hasn't got huge matter resists
they are by far the lamest, and most stupid class ever created for daoc
still, at least mythic got cash from people buying cata to roll em, so its all okay

can't wait for the nerf

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Nop

Elendar said:

a warlock on the other hand can instant kill almost anything if it hasn't got huge matter resists

THis is just categorically untrue.

There is a two second Delay between chambers.

Even if the 'lock is wise enogh to blow the first chamber just as his first cast spell lands, there is still another two seconds before the second chamber id fired.

And then another 2 seconds untill the third.

At the VERY best... a warlock can kill someone with crap matter resists in 2 seconds flat.

Which is also somthing most other nuke casters can do. if you have weak resists to there damage type.

ITs about time people stopped crying tbh, just deal with it. You got your nerf, its comming soon, not that it will make any difference at all. your still gonna die in seconds to a warlock who wants to kill you.

/shrug

pip

Banned
:clap: Great post cap matter so true :worthy: and all casting classes can drop you in secounds :(

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
try these 3 buttons then verm

/

q

<enter>

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
inqy said:
try these 3 buttons then verm

/

q

<enter>

I have to admit that this will be a huge progress for some people.... especialy warlocks, BDs and anyother who belives that killing targets without any special effort is the way to enjoy a game. And since i come from the coin-op era (80s-90s) i can tell you there are few platform games that provide loads more challenge than playing a BD.

As for me i play ones in a fullmoon anyway, so.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Comment to a comment...

Elendar said:

any realm can stun/nuke combo, and while the stun may stop you running away the nuke dmg is nothing special
they are by far the lamest, and most stupid class ever created for daoc
still, at least mythic got cash from people buying cata to roll em, so its all okay

can't wait for the nerf

Well my comments about this...

Warlocks are not the most OP class in game...Its all positional/oportunity based. Also only hib have stun/nuke combo...not all realms...ONLY HIB. There is a huge difference between having ranged stun + high ranged damage on the same class rather than range stun on one class and trying to combine that with the damage form another class. (I dont care how good you are your gonna loose half of the stun time just getting the assist together and most of the time youll just end up making the enemy stun immune without your friend getting line of sight etc instead of the oh so hard hib version: 1=Stun,2=nuke,2,2 death...)

Warlocks...yes they are overpowered in ranged 1 vs 1 situations unless they meet a hibcaster ofc. (QC stun will spell certain death to the warlock just as certain as the chambers will, so its a 50% win/loose situation)

But you cant convince me that a warlock is more overpowerd in a courtyard or a lord room than an animist. Or the freaking banshee...with 600-850 damage (vs capped resists + red resists buffs) 300x1500 aedamage making them the equivalence of a Suppsm with 1500 pbae range (With no diminishing damage over the range ofc why whould hibs get that, they are underpopulated!:) (inside keepfights that is). I for one wouldnt mind switching warlocks away and getting 1500 range on the suppsms pbae in mid. That would be fun to see!:)

So the lamest/dumbass classes in game atm are in my humble opinion based on the arguments shown above: 1. Animists 2. Banshees 3. Warlocks/All hib casters with baseline stun. (just switch it to freaking baselinemess instead mythic get a clue:)

In that order!

Warlocks are a class that kills 1 or 2 people but they dont wipe whole sergs. The impact on the game of animists and banshees are so far above and beyond anything any warlock could ever come close to achiving that they arent half as lame as those classes.

Also lets not forget warlocks gets nerfed the other classes...not so much...

/Charmangle

ps. Wouldnt it be fun if people here could atleast try to treat eachother here with abit of basic respect. If someone asks a question about a subject you dont like, either just answere the question politly or ignore the thread. Making stupid blatantly abusive remarks only makes for bad feelings ingame too...remember there are people behind the screens out there not just anon faces. ds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom