Converting European version to US.. Possible?

Noiz

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all,

Thanks to Goa's seeming incompetence with Excalibur over the weekend I'm sorely tempted to move to the US servers. My question is though, is it possible to convert my European version of the game to a US version? Or will I have to buy the game all over again from the US?

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The only way you can do this is to buy a US edition of the game and subscribe through Mythic. You will not be able to transfer any characters on your existing account either.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
The only way you can do this is to buy a US edition of the game and subscribe through Mythic. You will not be able to transfer any characters on your existing account either.

I believe I read a thread on VN once someone wanted to go US -> Europe. Mythic refused as his contract (the cd key and licensing i imagine?) was soley with Mythic and did not have anything to do with GOA. I imagine the same rule applies the other way, in that we as paying customers of GOA are under their rule and not associated with Mythic in that area.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
you will need to buy a new copy of the game for the cd key :p

Noiz

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

I knew I couldn't transfer any characers, but was hoping I could just patch it to US and register my cd key with them or something.

Ah well, it's only $10 to buy so I might do it anyway seeing as the first month is free!

Thanks for the help.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Noiz said:
I knew I couldn't transfer any characers, but was hoping I could just patch it to US and register my cd key with them or something.

Ah well, it's only $10 to buy so I might do it anyway seeing as the first month is free!

Thanks for the help.

Shame it's not that easy! The French and Germans would get a new server each I think! :D

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
if u have a friend on usa servers whome wants to come to EU .. or a friend you know on usa servewrs who has quit game and has or has had in the past a USA account , u can play USA servers without buying an american game... and same with si .

all you gotta do is change the update.info in the files ro commply with the stuff that lets ytou loginto usa servers and not EU.. and you'll be on the USA acc u have aquired somehow :)

ArcFalleN

Fledgling Freddie
k aslong as u got a US act n iles CDkey u dont need the software just replace ur update.dat with a US one and it will patch the euro right up to the US version clients are identical just the patch and update.dat

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
The underlying issue is that GOA have exclusive rights to run the European side. What this means is that if you are in the US wanting to play on the US servers you struggle and if you are in Europe wanting to play on US you struggle.

Putting your country of origin in the box for county / state or whatever and leaving the country box blank may help.

This also applies to purchasing the game - you can however and as you pointed out DAoC is now $10 (or downloadable for free for a 7 day trial - not sure which version that would give you, but as said above, they are 'the same'.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom