Converting EU to US

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Minimac, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Minimac

Minimac Fledgling Freddie

Guys i got a US account but not installed a US version... is their any way to convert my EU acct to US? is their a patch i can download or what? thanks in advance !

2. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

you can change your client but not your account

3. Minimac

yeh friend just gave me rr11 mauler ect.... how do i change teh client :)

4. Agrigo

Agrigo One of Freddy's beloved

Change your update.bat file to:

Mythic Patch
    patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat
    patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

No spaces, no other words/text, just open the program with wordpad, delete whats there and copy / paste that into it.

Welcome to the us - altho the pop is higher, I still miss my 1st chars :(

5. Minimac

hopefully i will be owning u up soon :) just installing daoc again i nearly poo'd my pants when i seen the patch size lol

6. thergador

thergador Fledgling Freddie

same here will always miss the 1st daoc toon though come on goa and mythic give us a transfer

7. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

There is actually another method, which is ALOT easier than changing your .dat files.. The method Agrigo posted involves going into your DAoC directory..(C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\ - Or where ever the game install is) and opening in notepad, then changing - He didn't say where the file was located, so I helped))

IF you're a `a thing that I'm not allowed to mention on this forum, due to not wanting to be warned` player, the program has an option to patch feature..

File
    Settings
    Pick the US client
    Uncheck the 'tclient.dll` box
    US version
    Close..

Then

File
    Run Patcher

:)