Controls

D

darthshearer

I find controlling aircraft rather hard and was wondering what is the best way to control them.

What do you people use, I think Scoob uses a PSX Pad dont you sccob? If so how do I butcher mine to get it working?

Joysticks any reccomendations?

C

Cdr

Well, I use a joystick, I have the MS SideWinder 3D Pro (doubt they make them anymore), but if you can find a second hand one, I'd recommend that.

Really, you want one with a twist-grip rudder - as it will allow you to get tighter turns in dogfights, and means you dont have to have the other hand on the A / D keys.

Various different manufacturers make these - although Microsoft and Saitek are prob the best.

Like most things PC, you can spend very little or you can spend a lot, what is your approx. budget?

A

adams901

I agree with clown, and they especially rock when flying the choppers in DC.

C

Cdr

hehe, flying choppers is easy in DC with a joystick - admittidly, the collective could be worked out a little better, as the position of the throttle for the hover is very precise, and its difficult to get it right (could be my joystick of course).

I swear by a joystick :)

S

Slider_

I use a sidewinder pro gamepad but its taken ages to even get good at bombing (and belive me even that aint that good) . A joystick would be better but im just a tight git :)

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by darthshearer
I find controlling aircraft rather hard and was wondering what is the best way to control them.

What do you people use, I think Scoob uses a PSX Pad dont you sccob? If so how do I butcher mine to get it working?

Joysticks any reccomendations?

Muhh? I've got a friend who uses a psx pad, he's got a usb to playstation conevertor and once it's working in windows it's just a case of assigning movements in controls like usual.

I use a semi decent flight style stick made by Thrustmaster, no idea of the name as it's pretty old. It's got 8 buttons and a pair of hat switches so I can do most stuff from the stick with my right hand leaving my left hand for rudder control and speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom