Control Freaks...

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
http://english.people.com.cn/200704/10/eng20070410_364977.html

"Under the system, known as the "anti-online game addiction system", the first 3 hours of play for each day is considered "healthy", during which players will be awarded full points in the virtual world. The next 2 hours will yield only half the normal points and there will be no points after 5 hours.

After the 5-hour limit, players will be subjected every 15 minutes to the warning: "You have entered unhealthy game time, please go offline immediately to rest. If you do not, your health will be damaged and your points will be cut to zero."

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
is unhealthy to play more than 3h per day but is not unhealthy to work 8+ hours per day, indeed

edit: ah, it is aimed at minors... i wonder how they can be sure the one who plays is a minor or a 18+ since any kido can get access to father's wallet and his ID card...

edit2: it will happen in china so no comments needed anymore.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Big brother is watching you: ""The system requires every online player to register with their real identity. This will scare away many adult and young users," said Liu Bin, chief analyst at research house BDA China."

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Hence why they're terrified of having to register with their real names. The next logical step, and I think it has probably been planned already, will be monitoring of the server chat logs by the government to determine if any anti-revolutionary discussions are taking place and who by.

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
This will be interesting for me as I use someone else cc to pay my subscriptions -- I dont have or want a cc or debit card so just how the hell do i prove im over 18 and im who i say i am ?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
nah, china wouldnt do that, they are the international leaders in human rights..

oh...
nm

tiananmen_square.jpg

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Ermm...I actually think this is a good idea for people under 18.

Oh and edit ... the reason they can tell who is under 18 or not is that it requires you to enter your ID card number.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
As one of my m8's said to me yesterday when i showed him this article....

"Thank god for a Government that doesn't give a sh!t about us"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom