Contribution points

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Can anyone explain?

I run up to a keep and just before I enter the inner keep it falls.
I have cast zero spells
The PQ loot window opens and I’m 10th.
The random roll happens and I’m 3rd

How can I be 10th? I wasnt even there for it.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
I can't explain it. I just know the system is fucked up. But what's new there?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Because the system is fucked, simple as that.

I went along to a keep take whilst everyone was at the lord, do some damage on it and ended up with 2nd prize. I didn't take part in the door bashing or killing of any other guards, just a last second rush at the end of the keep take.

I've given up bothering to deal damage at any keep takes because quite often I'll get high contribution for doing nothing and low contribution when I put in as much effort as possible.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Had a keeptake lasting for a little over an hour or so on my BW in t3, I was there from start to finish. Did shitloads of damage on both the doors and the guards - during the fight against the keep lord the champs were boxed up so I could AoE them all without any problems. on the contribution list I was ranked 31. On my Chosen I entered a keeptake halfway through, tanked the keep lord a bit and topped the contribution board - got myself an epic axe, totally undeserved. :(

Afran

Part of the furniture
Because the system is fucked, simple as that.

What he said. One T4 keep we took with a guild group, the guy that was AFK the entire keep raid came #1 on the contribution.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I think it has something to do with being in a group so the system gives you all the same amount (or around the same amount) of points for participating, atleast I think it's because of that as it only happend to me while being grouped and walking to a keep while my group was already fighting quite a while there.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
I think it has something to do with being in a group so the system gives you all the same amount (or around the same amount) of points for participating, atleast I think it's because of that as it only happend to me while being grouped and walking to a keep while my group was already fighting quite a while there.

Nope, yesterday I CTD on the way to a keep in Praag (now theres a suprise). The keep had been in conflict when we were over in Thunder Mountain, so we were all hoping to make it in time to leech the 1100 RP for the take.

I managed to log back in and run just into the area of influence just as the keep fell (I was still running past the siege equipent positions outside) I hadnt yet rejoined my warband.

So, like the OP, I did nothing, nada.

I got 2nd contribution. (rolled a 29, but still, I came 2nd in contribution)

Even if it was counting contribution from the warband (or my group within it), they would only just have arrived themselves.

The 3 earlier keeps, where I DPSed and debuffed my heart out, I came 30-40th on contribution every time.

With some keep takes within the same zone, you see the same guys in the top 5 places. Change zone and they no longer apear on the list, swapping places with 5 others.

Whatever the contribution system is, its probably jsut as much of a mystery to the devs as it is to the players

I think we have done enough keep takes to rule out user perception for the majority of these issues.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm getting the feeling its what you done / how many abilities you pressed to get there.

I been getting quite high in some keep takes when in the ram, if im outside healing i usually land on 50-60th.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
contribution points actually work on how much money yo give in subs to GOA, and also how well the Euro is doing, they more you pay them then better phat lewt you get.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Saw a guy come to keep, stepping thru doors just as lord died, he ended up 1st. And he was just as suprised as we where. Got a nice gold bag from it too.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I sometimes wonder if contribution is actually a rate.

Now say everybody gets a few contribution points for being inside the keep when it falls. Then if somebody has only been inside for a few seconds may get a high contribution because the calculation is [total contribution] / [time] then they will appear at the top.

Obviously this doesn't explain all situations so it could be screwed up some other way too.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
There is absolutely nothing you can do to effect teh outcome as far as I can see. On 1 alliance keep take with the same people doing pretty much the same stuff I did nothing whatso ever as I was /follow on someone and came out 12th out of 35, the next one I did everything in my power to do as much damage as possible on guards/doors/lord ect and came out 24th.

Our main tank a level 40 black orc got aggro from the lord and 4 bodyguards straight away after being in both rams doing loads of door damage and held it the entire fight and came out 4th. The level 36 black orc in the same warband who did a whole lot less came 1st.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
after seeing that I actually like that guy Barnett. That he has come out and said someone has fucked up but they are working on it, in a pretty personable manner makes me not give a fuck about it.

If the same shit is here in two months however, I will not like Barnett.

Zede

Part of the furniture
L38 RP roaming round, not in a Wb or anything.

See a keep flame, im at the other end of the map, I head to the keep.

The 30+ ppl are already on the 2nd door, and thats on 40%. I throw a few DoTs on, door is down quite quick. Run up to lords room, throw a few DoT & 1 low damage AoE.

Im 3rd in Contribution.

Come 1st overall

FUBAR

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I just don't see how something like this could work at all really, why don't they just reward everyone for showing up and doing their part? Bah..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom