Contibution is a farce. Scrap it

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
With the keep merry-go-round we have since the gold bags, its been possible to test the players theory that contribution is fixed when you enter the zone.

After around 30 keeps yesterday. Thats 15 zones. Most people in a warband got the same contribution for the second keep as they did in he first keep.

For example. These are the positions I got for the first few zones

Zone ---- Keep 1 ---- Keep 2

DW ------ 45 -------- 43
TM ------- 32 ------- 34
Praag ----- 20 ------- 17
DW ------- 2 ------- 2
Praag ----- 62 ------ 68
TM ------- 9 ------- 8
Praag ------ 13 ------ 14
DW ------- 25 ------- 20
TM ------- 12 ------- 11

This was with me just auto attacking and then entering the keep and attacking the lord.

The contribution score of 2 I had, I didnt even auto attack or attack the lord. I rolled 950 then as well. inc well deserved gold bag .

At one point, a player joined the warband in the last few seconds of the lord fight and just managed to get into the area of influence. He did nothing and came 3rd. As the warband obviously did enough to class him as having done somehting, he counted as having contributed. We told him to do nothing special the next keep, and sure enough, he came 3rd before the roll.

The only times that contirbution differed by any degree was when I zoned in between keeps. For example, I had 60+ contribution. On the way to the second keep, I took the flight master to a different tier and then back again. I then had 25 contribution.
The only other occasions I had a change was where I CTD a some point.

This was watched and remarked on by both warbands running about (both fighting in the same place, and members being swapped between the two as players crashed out and the bands were recreated)

What does this proove?

Contribution is missnamed, it is a figure given to the player as they enter the zone. It has nothing to do with any contribution the player actually makes to the fight.

Get rid of it. Its abusable, players with good contributuion scores were staying in the zone waiting for the keeps to be retaken so they could rely on the same contribution again.

Its shoddy programming and makes the keep takes feel even more lackluster than normal.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
have to agree on this, tested again last night myself doing nothing at all just being there came 5th before rolls. Same warband doing as much damage as poss to guards, doors and lord and came 43rd. First time was in praag second was in thunderm mountain.

Come on fix it!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
They need to tweak it, not scrap it. I like the randomness and yes I've lost out to a random leech who joins near the end as well as being that leech - without actually meaning to take anything.

The random nature of it does help prevent farming a little which is welcome, so please don't scrap it Mythic.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
What worries us more than the fact that a chicken won a lootbag is the fact that the character was rank 41 when it happened. Mythic have since fixed that particular problem with the character in question.

Thank you for the feedback on contribution.

class :D

and it really needs fixing :(

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
the fact that the character was rank 41

That player was something of a celeb to be honest.

If you want to pull any data from my characters logs (on GOA's servers) just message me and I'll give you the account name.

But I'm guessing you have gb of data to play with anyway :p

Edit, oh and heya Nic - welcome :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd like to see a response from Mythic on the Herald mentioning the contribution problems. If you haven't done it already send ingame feedback saying you're unhappy with the contribution system for keep takes.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Took about 20 keeps the past week, the only time I got above 75 Contribution was when I afk'd for most of it, when I was afk I got 450.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
rofl !!!

that lad deserves a special unlock tittle :p

a "can i join the group ?"
b "what class and level are you mate ?"
a "err ... i`m a level 41 chicken, will that do ?"

:worthy::worthy:

Afran

Part of the furniture
Took about 20 keeps the past week, the only time I got above 75 Contribution was when I afk'd for most of it, when I was afk I got 450.

Did some more keep raids today (6), on the first 4 keeps I was there from the start putting 100% effort into DPS'ing down the doors, Champs (aswell as tanking them) and the Lord, I got 0 Contribution for all of these. Next keep, I tried slacking, I just auto-attacked the door and dps'd the Lord a bit and I got 350 Contribution. On the 5th one I joined the raid late (2nd door about to go down), DPS'd the Lord without summoning my pet as he seems to nerf Contribution and I came 1st with +500.

eksdee

FH is my second home
i don't understand how contribution is even intended to work.. oh wait because mythic won't explain it. it is clear from the user-made parsers available for most mmos, that dps and healing can be cached and recorded very easily - so why is that clearly not being done or done properly for contribution? considering pqs/keep takes are a huge source of gear for most people throughout all tiers, this is a glaring omission for it to be so broken.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
that dps and healing can be cached and recorded very easily - so why is that clearly not being done

Well for one thing, it would be unfair on the classes that don't dps or heal. Or rather those classes that are more utility than DPS or hybrid dps/healing.

In rvr this would also affect those who do the boaring jobs, like scout the back to watch for incomming or guard the postern gates.

From the order side you would have BW at the top, every time. Every roll. Actually, then you too could come and join in the BW bashing!!1

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
In PQs contribution is mainly linked to influence.

This was their quick fix (make contribution a random number you get assigned on zone entry) to the problem that there isnt influence in keep raids.

Just another sign of a rushed job. They will get round to changing it (might as well just be a random roll on its own for keeps), and how fast they prioritise it will depend on how much players whine.

Aada

Part of the furniture
With the keep merry-go-round we have since the gold bags, its been possible to test the players theory that contribution is fixed when you enter the zone.

After around 30 keeps yesterday. Thats 15 zones. Most people in a warband got the same contribution for the second keep as they did in he first keep.

For example. These are the positions I got for the first few zones

Zone ---- Keep 1 ---- Keep 2

DW ------ 45 -------- 43
TM ------- 32 ------- 34
Praag ----- 20 ------- 17
DW ------- 2 ------- 2
Praag ----- 62 ------ 68
TM ------- 9 ------- 8
Praag ------ 13 ------ 14
DW ------- 25 ------- 20
TM ------- 12 ------- 11

This was with me just auto attacking and then entering the keep and attacking the lord.

The contribution score of 2 I had, I didnt even auto attack or attack the lord. I rolled 950 then as well. inc well deserved gold bag .

At one point, a player joined the warband in the last few seconds of the lord fight and just managed to get into the area of influence. He did nothing and came 3rd. As the warband obviously did enough to class him as having done somehting, he counted as having contributed. We told him to do nothing special the next keep, and sure enough, he came 3rd before the roll.

The only times that contirbution differed by any degree was when I zoned in between keeps. For example, I had 60+ contribution. On the way to the second keep, I took the flight master to a different tier and then back again. I then had 25 contribution.
The only other occasions I had a change was where I CTD a some point.

This was watched and remarked on by both warbands running about (both fighting in the same place, and members being swapped between the two as players crashed out and the bands were recreated)

What does this proove?

Contribution is missnamed, it is a figure given to the player as they enter the zone. It has nothing to do with any contribution the player actually makes to the fight.

Get rid of it. Its abusable, players with good contributuion scores were staying in the zone waiting for the keeps to be retaken so they could rely on the same contribution again.

Its shoddy programming and makes the keep takes feel even more lackluster than normal.

One of the main reasons i left the game the contribution system is a smack in the face for the players who have been doing a PQ/Keep for about an hour only for some muppet to come in spend 3 mins helping and get the rewards.

No Thankyou.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well for one thing, it would be unfair on the classes that don't dps or heal. Or rather those classes that are more utility than DPS or hybrid dps/healing.

In rvr this would also affect those who do the boaring jobs, like scout the back to watch for incomming or guard the postern gates.

From the order side you would have BW at the top, every time. Every roll. Actually, then you too could come and join in the BW bashing!!1

Very good. Rep for j00...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed. I turned up a few seconds before the end of a keeptake yesterday, and got a +450 contribution (i rolled 006 but that's not the point). I was in one for over an hour last week, contributed lots and lots of damage from my BW...

And got no contribution at all.

I suspect this is also contributing to the "farm" groups that take keeps in 1-2 groups. Only way they can get a good, fair chance at a bag.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
hehe
So essentially it's random number + random number?

Where does the contribution bit come in again? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom