Contact lenses

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Whatever you do Tom, just go to a proper opticians, not a cattle market like specsavers. You may save some cash going with the big boys, but they don't do a good enough job for something that is quite important.

I've worn contacts and glasses for around 10 years. I use the contacts mainly when out and about and in the summer so I can wear nice shades without getting prescription ones. I often sleep in them after a night out and wear them the next day. I use the highly permeable silicone based daily lenses now.

If you want them for daily use for work etc, then I'd say go with the 2 weekly or monthly lenses. I notice someone complained about protein build up above, I last had monthly lenses over 5 years ago now but never had that issue. I'd suggest it's down to the wrong solution or incorrect cleaning, but any decent optician should be able to deal with that if you tell them.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Aye, toric lenses might be good when they do work, but if they decide not to sit the right way up they'll just make matters worse. I have slight astigmatism and when I wore contacts (my eyes dry too quickly through lack of blinking when staring at a computer monitor) I ended up on normal 'sphericals' for this reason and coped fine.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, toric lenses might be good when they do work, but if they decide not to sit the right way up they'll just make matters worse. I have slight astigmatism and when I wore contacts (my eyes dry too quickly through lack of blinking when staring at a computer monitor) I ended up on normal 'sphericals' for this reason and coped fine.
You do know that when you are watching that stuff on the internet you can blink....unless its really really bad!! ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just tried them. Horrible, like licking a dry lollipop stick. Gas permeable she said, please take them out I replied.

Not for me. So it's back to glasses. :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I feel your pain bud. I'm actually considering going back to lenses. OOOOOO pfff!

rynnor

Rockhound
Glasses are the best thing for the more complex eyesight issues like stigmatism + short sightedness.

I tried toric lenses but they just couldn't equal glasses - plus on glasses you can add in extra bonuses like anti glare and UV protection and light reaction.

Laser treatment is both expensive and relatively short term if your eyes are deteriorating.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Your a youngster though - my eyes were stable through the 20's and 30s but now change regularly in my 40s - laser surgery is no good if your eyes are not stable.

Generally speaking they won't give you laser surgery if you don't have a stable prescription anyway.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I've been wearing dailies for a few years. Can't get used to taking them in and out, I need a magnifying mirror. Mine are mono vision so one is long distance and one is for reading, a toric one I think, So one lens costs more than the other. It works tho.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
This. I had mine done over a decade ago, best decision I ever made.
Yeah as I said earlier in the thread I had mine done when I was 32 im 38 now and was by far the second best decision I ever made...

The first was gettting smashed of my tits and stumbling into a bar and meeting my misses :) yes #pukesincomming!

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Glasses are the best thing for the more complex eyesight issues like stigmatism + short sightedness.

I tried toric lenses but they just couldn't equal glasses - plus on glasses you can add in extra bonuses like anti glare and UV protection and light reaction.

I'm short sighted and have astigmatism, albeit my prescription isn't particularly high for either. However, I find my lenses to be far better than my glasses. My eyesight feels much clearer and crisper when I have my contacts in than it does when I'm wearing my glasses. I definitely would not choose to go back to using glasses over my contacts.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah as I said earlier in the thread I had mine done when I was 32 im 38 now and was by far the second best decision I ever made...

The first was gettting smashed of my tits and stumbling into a bar and meeting my misses :) yes #pukesincomming!
I wouldn't have noticed mine if I'd not had the eyes sorted out, I was short sighted ;)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I got blackout shitfaced the other night and woke up to find out i filled my contact lens case with vodka instead of salient solution. Made my eyes sting :(

Also found a sandwich under my pillow and garden shears in my coat pocket, i wish i knew what happened :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
did you find an empty salient solution bottle in the back garden then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom