contact lenses

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm currently trialling a set of contact lenses (because I am vain, and want a nice pair of sunglasses that aren't prescription heh). I've only had them two days now, and the optician has warned me to build up the length of time wearing them slowly, and my eyes tell me to agree hands down ;)

That's not the issue though: I have a question for anyone experienced in these matters: please please please I need tips on getting the buggers out of my eyes again! That's right, I can get them in reasonably quick just fine, and once they're there all is well and good, but getting the barstands out again is a bugger of a task :/

Anyone got a tried and tested method that works for them?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
in saw the guy cut his eye out with a scalpel, tried that yet?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I tired some once, never again.

I had Samm take mine out, she basically screwed them into little jagged balls in the corner of my eye then sort of scooped them out with her nails. Obviously it was quite difficult for her because I was screaming and she found that very amusing :eek:

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I tend to use the middle finger of me left hand to raise the top eyelid, right middle finger to pull down the bottom eyelid them use me index finger and thumb to clamp the contact out, does that make any sense? :p

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
I take mine off by opening my eye, pressing a finger against the outer side of my eye and run it towards the nose. Usually the lense comes out quite easily.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Vid doing it my way

[youtubevid]eqDHX65Jn-c&NR[/youtubevid]

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Laser surgery FTW TBH.

What kind of lenses are they? The really soft ones that you can leave in when you sleep are pretty comfortable, but an absolute pain in the arse to get out I seem to remember. I used to sort of squeeze them together with my thumb and forefinger until the surface tension popped. It kind of depends about how squeamish you are about actually touching your eyeball.

Gray

FH is my second home
Thinking of contact lenses make my eyes water :'(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If they have dried up they can be difficult to get out. If you have all in one solution that you can use to lubricate the lenses, then add a few drops on your fingers. It will make them come out much easier.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I use daily disposables and find it easy enough to hold my eye open with the index finger and thumb of the hand from the same side as that eye, and then pinch the contact lens off using the index finger and thumb of the other side to bring either side of the lens together toward the middle.

It should just come off easy then.

But make sure you don't let your nails get too long, otherwise it frigging hurts and gets much more difficult :)

Daily disposables are easy because then you can just chuck them and not worry about cleaning them and storing them.. I find them much better than the monthly disposables I used to have. Though you just have to make sure you remember to take them out, otherwise they dry out and hurt. I'm dubious about the ones you leave in all the time as I'm paranoid about being more likely to get an infection etc.

Hope tis some help :x

TdC

I had Samm take mine out, she basically screwed them into little jagged balls in the corner of my eye then sort of scooped them out with her nails.
I respect Samm more and more with each revealing post you make ;) on the other hand, last time I was out mountainbiking with my gf, I got a fly in my eye the size of a frigging sparrow, and begged my gf, who's a frigging nurse to stop laughing at my anguished screams and help me, and she told me to stop being a big baby. until I finally got the fly out from under my eyelid an hour later; when she saw it she was impressed. I could tell by the way she said "ooooh that's big!" :eek:

I tend to use the middle finger of me left hand to raise the top eyelid, right middle finger to pull down the bottom eyelid them use me index finger and thumb to clamp the contact out, does that make any sense? :p
yes. I want to try that method, especially since both videos posted here seem to use it. My optician explained the "poke and swipe" but that's about it.

I take mine off by opening my eye, pressing a finger against the outer side of my eye and run it towards the nose. Usually the lense comes out quite easily.
yeah, this is what my optician explained to me but it's not working well. I generally have to do a couple go's before it works and leaves my eyes quite irritated :(

Laser surgery FTW TBH.

What kind of lenses are they? The really soft ones that you can leave in when you sleep are pretty comfortable, but an absolute pain in the arse to get out I seem to remember. I used to sort of squeeze them together with my thumb and forefinger until the surface tension popped. It kind of depends about how squeamish you are about actually touching your eyeball.
they're silicone ones that are really soft and flexible. I can barely see them in my eyes. as to laser surgery, I am thinking about that. thing is, I will need cylinder and prism correction too, and I haven't researched it at all yet.

I use daily disposables and find it easy enough to hold my eye open with the index finger and thumb of the hand from the same side as that eye, and then pinch the contact lens off using the index finger and thumb of the other side to bring either side of the lens together toward the middle.
yeah, I'm on bi-weekly ones. one pair to try out for two weeks. when they're in I'm pleased, though the left one is off for correction, ie still blurry in the left eye, spot on in the right. going to try the "pinch and hope" method tonight!

thanks for the input folks!

TdC

success! the squidge and hope method works a charm :D

TdC

ahahahahaha. well, with regards to things I pull out of my eye, yes :p

TdC

yeah tbh getting them out was super easy after a few goes :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I really can't be arsed playing around with contact lenses, I always get horrible images.

TdC

it's not as bad as I though it would be Emb.

TdC

the badness goes away. the thing was getting them out made me feel bad.

if you get your technique down, you're there dude. as the actress said to the bishop.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
My only advice in taking out contact lenses is make sure you actually have them in first, I speak from experience and knowledge that the little raised part of your iris can sometimes be confused with a (hard) lens, often only distinguished when it fails to move after several minutes of picking at it.

Not consuming alcohol helps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom