Contact Lenses

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Some of you may remember I made a thread about contacts a couple of months back. Well I haven't got round to getting them yet. But was looking at some here and there is loads of different ones. Want to get 30 day ones because I am going to need them every day so they will be best suited I think.
Specsavers Direct - UK
Whats the difference in all of them? I know my optician will tell me when I go for my next eye test but just getting prepared :)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
No need to round up so much information tbh, contacts arent rocket science. You put them in and a take them out and that's all there is to it :)

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Ok, its just there was like 10 different brands, didn't know which was best, oh well.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
If you are getting the from Specsavers, they will probably ask you what kind you want - the 30day disposable ones are pretty much standard, you can keep them in for about 13hrs per day. They have slight variations as well, such as ones you can keep in for up to 18hrs (I think) plus the ones you can just wear for the 30days without the need for removing them every night.

Theres probablly a few things you should be prepared for tho!

1) The art of putting in contact lenses doesnt come over night, have patience, and dont poke your eye too much!

2) Going from specs to contacts can get a little disorientating at first, as you are getting pretty much 100% true vision with the contacts. If you are almost blind, like me, then the fact you now have 100% complete coverage in you vision might freak you out a bit.

3) Watching TV or computers late at night with them in isnt a good idea, if you have anything less than the all-day all-night lenses, as they can dry up rather quickly.

Hope you have fun with them!

Everz

FH is my second home
went for a contacts test last week, amazed me tbh as i hadnt seen like that in a long time, picking them up after my exams going for the disposable ones.. quality :england:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Contacts eeek ! Run a mile. Nightmare on a motorbike. Murder if you get bad hayfever. Can make your pupils appear dilated like you've been sniffing coke. All that fucking about with 25 different cleaning solutions. Take a rain check.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Contacts eeek ! Run a mile. Nightmare on a motorbike. Murder if you get bad hayfever. Can make your pupils appear dilated like you've been sniffing coke. All that fucking about with 25 different cleaning solutions. Take a rain check.

must have been a while since you were on lenses :p

never had any problems with pupils dilating, and i have one do-it-all cleaning fluid, i pop them in in the morning after a shower, then take them out before bed and never had any hassle in 4 years now :)

they recommend only up to 8-12 hrs per day but everyones different, can usually feel when you need to take them out as they start becoming uncomfortable :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What if your eyeball comes out of the socket stuck to the lens when you try to remove it at night ? Might not just be the eyeball that comes out. Might drag the optic nerve out too, and pull your brain and lungs out with it ! You could turn inside out !

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
They have a warning on the label for that kind of thing :)

Tilda

Specsavers are generally a rip off. Once you get your prescription figures, you can quite easily buy solution and 1 day lenses off the internet, and wear them for a few weeks each.
There was an article in Which? about this.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What if your eyeball comes out of the socket stuck to the lens when you try to remove it at night ? Might not just be the eyeball that comes out. Might drag the optic nerve out too, and pull your brain and lungs out with it ! You could turn inside out !

So tempted to do a lil photoshopping now :p

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Specsavers are generally a rip off. Once you get your prescription figures, you can quite easily buy solution and 1 day lenses off the internet, and wear them for a few weeks each.

They are the equivalent of £12/month - I dont know of any cheaper 30day lenses =)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
£12 p month is about average for monthly disposables, i dont see how he is gettng ripped off :p
Altho you can get them cheaper elsewhere if you shop around

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
good thing about specsavers is they deliver to your door, i'm using the oxygenated lenses which dont dry your eyes out so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom