Contact lenses for Halloween. Advice needed.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So i am currently looking for a pair to use on Halloween for a costume, but considering i have never used a pair of those before is there anything i should take into consideration? It is only for a night or two, if i handle them with care and not get excess dirt it should be fine right?

Also is there a place where they sell such online?

Cheers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not sure, but i think novelty contacts are quite durable. For example, a local place sells 1 year versions for 15€/lense, all you need is contact fluid and a casing and you can keep on using them.

Once you place them in(quite simple of a procedure), and don't stick your eye in naughty places(as one rarely does), they should be fine. Getting dirt(etc) in them is as hard as getting something in your eye. Even dropping them(which can happen if you poke at them or some such happens) isn't the end of the world.

Ofcourse all depends on what you order and where. Some are one night things, but most special lenses have a rather long lifecycle.

Best is to ask the place that sells them on how long you should wear them, how long is safe etc. Buying them from a local shop(stockholm should have plenty of places) eprson to person is the best bet.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Noticed some places require contact with your eye doctor. *sigh*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes that's for some places, it's like what they need for tattoos.

It's an easypeasy thing though; just pop in or call, say "i'm getting xyz" and they write you up a note.

Though you should be able to find a place that doesn't require it.

Best way to go would be, what i would do;

- Walk into a store selling them.
- Say, in your own preferred language or style "I'm interested in those, could you fill me in on some basic info i need?"
- Listen to the, usually rather fetching lady, talk about them (avoid just watching her cleavage as she bends over to pick some up).
- Ask any if questions, like lastivity etc.
- Purchase items and follow instructions.
- Dazzle random girls with your "F" and "U" contacts :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nothing faggy about special contacts, they can make or break a nice costume. Not to mention they're fun on other nights as well in a nice metal club and such :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You say it like you had a general distaste for fags. Are you a....hater?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
however, I'd not be happy sticking anything in my eye that I brought online...or anywhere tbh I have a horror of contact lenses :(

The HORROR!

images

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg*asthma attack*gggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom