Constantine

leggy

Probably Scottish
Right.

I was very sceptical about this being a Keanu film, a religious (!) film and a film based on a DC Comics Comic (iirc)

so anyway to cut a short story shorter this was a very enjoyable film. Despite it's short comings. Keanu was as wooden as ever but he was perfect for the part imo. Racheal Weisz saved the film, mainly because I am madly in love with her.

Anyway, if you are looking for a supernaturalesque action movie Constantine has it all.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
this type of film is something ive waited a long time to see and i think its fantastic. keanu was such a 'cool' guy.
everyone was there from your favourite catholic stories too.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Fairly good film, although the people I went with were hellblazer fans, and they thought it was a bit poor in comparision to the comics (which I shall start reading now). I thought it was just a bit too similar to the prophecy, particularly the portrayal of lucifer.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I thought old Lou was done very well, and the special effect following his entrance to the pool room was brilliant.

his blasting the glass doors in, then walking through catching up with the flying shards and brushing them out of the way. very cool imo. best bit in the whole film! also burning Gabriel's wings...mmmm YMMY :) but the I've always liked insane angels... also Lou tearing out John's lung cancer so he would live and not go to heaven where he'd effectively be out of reach was a nice touch. you can tell I liked the ending bestist ;)

I personally hate non-subtle CGI though, so the warrior demons and stuff didn't really get my rocks off. hmm, lets see. nice little role by Gavin there too, managed to look darkly suave and evil.

tris-

Lou was great really. he came across all caring and nice but you know he meant business :p

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Saw this on saturday. Cheesey as hell. Enjoyable in parts but for the most part, fairly forgetable. I agree with TDC about the entrance tho.

tris-

was it only me who thought gabriel was amazingly beautiful too?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i thought the deamons etc in hell looked like deamons in doom trilogy

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Liked it, but i think people who don't read comics/ like comics won't like it that much.

It IS corny. But in a good comic way. I wish i'd read the comics(like the situation was with hellboy), i bet i would've enjoyed some of the inside jokes there might have been.

As such, good movie, bit longdrawn at times, but all in all a good experience.

Lue was the cream on the cake though :p

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Saw this today. I thought it was a bit long and overdrawn, but overall, I'd say it was really quite good. Agree about the ending being class, and Gabriel was portrayed well (Still ugly though :/).

Must say, I was put in a more optimistic mood after seeing some of the trailers for new films coming out. Most notably Sin City, HGTTG and one other, which I forget...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The Sin City trailer I saw before Constantine really did excite me quite a bit. I'd never heard of the comic and don't really know what the hell the story is about but it looks pretty cool.

Plus, Jessica Alba = WIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom