Console Tags

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right then boys and girls, children of all ages.

In an effort to solve the issue of having to hunt and hunt through thread after thread for the various gamertags, friend codes, etc, etc. for all your different consoles, I've come up with the following wiki powered solution I'd like us to all give a whirl.

There is a new template on the Wiki entitled "Console tags" which makes this all a darn sight easier.

All you have to do is insert the following code
Code:
{{Console tags | 
  xboxlive = Value |
  nintendowii = Value |
  nintendods = Value |
  playstation3 = Value |
}}
just after the "User infobox" template on your Wiki profile page. Then replace the Values with your codes and voila, your Wiki page will now contain a "Console Tags" box next to your user info (i.e. right at the top).

So, do you guys fancy giving this a shot? All you've gotta do is edit your own profile/bio in the wiki with the code. You'll then appear here in the wiki in alphabetical order.

Regards
Rob / MYstIC G

PS: The old console tags posts are shown below:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/game-consoles-71/211863-nintendo-wii-friend-codes.html
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/game-consoles-71/193212-nintendo-ds-friend-codes.html
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/game-consoles-71/211919-x-box-live-tags-legz0r-edition.html
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/game-consoles-71/221926-psn-frinds-lists-sticky.html

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Honestly I preferred the old stickies, but I don't like change. Mainly because I cannot be arsed with the effort.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
What the hell?! Too much work for a few lines of text´´´´´´´´

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah well, I'm not asking Deebs to fuck about with the forums so that everyone can just add the shit into their profiles. This way requires 1 template edit for each new console and 1 edit on each profile for a new tag (also helpful people can fill in the profiles of others from the historic data).

Just get over your lazy tendencies :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Erm, I don't get it. Wasn't the point to have a list of peoples tags? How do we get a list now? :|

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Erm, I don't get it. Wasn't the point to have a list of peoples tags? How do we get a list now? :|

We'll need a list of everyone's profile now. Is there a Wiki page that lists everyone that has gaming console tags?! :D

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
There can be, we just add a category.

Edit: Code altered. Better?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't like it, you get the list, then have to click through to the persons wiki page, and the box looks out of place on my wiki. Soz, but an actuall list here would be easier, or a wiki page that listed the tags without having to click through to each persons profile -this would work as anyone could edit the page to add their info.

edit: like the xbl wiki page XBox Live Gamertags - Freddy much easier to navigate.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jinglebells the lil star that he is, has now fixed it so the console tags appear under your infobox on the wiki :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
#erm, thats cool. But it is still not really easy to use, too much clicking through. A list really would be simpler, and what people are actually asking for.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Is this another case of something that worked being fixed?

I couldn't be arsed to do the wiki thing last time,what chances do you think i'll have this time round?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Well I looked at the wiki. It needed me to log in, but my forum username didn't exist (why not use the same signon?????). So I have to go to the trouble of creating an account on the wiki (right?). Then it looks like I have to make a wiki page for myself. Then I have to use that code to make my PSN ID show up on my page.

Then I have to hope anyone actually wants to visit the wiki to find PSN tags :\

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What about this.

Keep the infoboxes, but rather than forcing people to register and create a page, use the infobox in the category template. The page will then be a list of people and their info. You can still link to your own wiki page via your name if you have one.

In practise this would require some effort from someone to maintain the page. Have a sticky with a link to the wiki and some instructions, people can post their info into this thread if they are not registered on the wiki. Someone with wiki access can then add this info onto the wiki page and then a mod can delete the post on the sticky.

This would keep the thread tidy, so people would see the info, it would save people having to register on the wiki and at the same time should still encourage use of the wiki.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Firstly i havnt read any of the other post in the thread, sorry if i am copying someone elses idea. But, wouldnt it just be easier to have a section in people profiles where you can enter games tags?

And from there the forum can auto compile a list which is viewable by all. Or is this to hard to code etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom