Consignments?

K

K0nah

im trying to get my WC up slowly (its a hobby) but it seems to be costing alot of cash (450ish skill atm) ive figured out shields r tehwin in cost per skill point gained but whats other tips and tricks can u pass on for weaponcrafting xp? consignments the way to go or?

O

old.Reno

While you probably make some cash while doing consignments, they take a lot of time.
Time spent running around, and time wasted on making blue con objects which rarely give any increases.
If you have a level 50 character that's even half decent at farming, you're better of farming cash in that extra time then doing consignments, from a financial standpoint.

Danita

E

Elric IA

Never try oranges unless you are 5 below in skill unless it is shields as the cost is a bit on losses.

Shields try at x80 skill

Always make cheapest item starting at skill (HIB) dirk x10, dagger x30, spiked club x50, hammer x70, shield x80. Alb is different weapon types but same principle applies.

If woodworking or leatherworking fall behind make arrows for woodworking/metalworking skill gains and tailoring/armourcrafting for leather gains. Skill check is based on con of the item you are making for the non-primarary skill not your secondary skil level so secondary skill gains are quick and cheap (950 to 1010 leatherworking for 5g in 20 mins or something like that).

Salvaging then trinketing bars yields a 2% loss on the cost of the raw materials so use the raw to make the weapons rather than salvage, trinket, sell, buy materials. Might sound small but 2% on 4 plats of materials is 80g and all money helps.

Now we have all tier merchants in safe area never salvage weapons always sell back as the loss is 25% compared with about 33% for salvaging.

Consignments are good for when you are skint or if you, like me, used them to have cash at lower levels but the benefit if you have a level 50 isn't worth it as you can farm the cash very quickly and 650 skill (cap for consignments) is not 65% of the cost of getting to 1000 more like 20% if that.

M

Mishy

For Alb, the cheapest weapons to make are thrust weapons, and i think some crush weapons, but i skilled up all on thrust and ofc small shields:)

I'm realiably told (by someone thats done it about 3 times :) that doing consignments from 0-650 should net you in the region of around 2plat (depends on luck i guess etc) As the npcs, pay more for higher quality items.

That 2plat, should pay for you to get past Adamantium, and possibly into Asterite.

Should be easy and very cheap to skill through Asterite due to all the salvageable drops, from places such as dartmoor giants, pygmy goblins etc.

In theory, you should be able to get to at least 800skill, spending a minimal amount of your own cash (assuming you are high level to farm drops)

And when you are 800skill, then start buying diamond seals, and you can salvage/trinket them, if you do enough, should yeild you more then enough cash. I'm not sure which item in DF is the one to salvage now, it used to be plate helms, to get 16.6g a seal, this was before the salvage nerf.

To get through netherium/arcanium on the cheap then try farming drops in SI places, Caldey/Avalon City etc, for the high level stuff since they will salvage for the tier 9-10 materials.

B

Bellona

Dirks XX5 to X25
Stilletto X25 to X45
Flanged mace X45 to X65
Spiked mace X65 to X80
Small shield X80 to XX5

afaik its the cheapest...

and if u think its getting expensive at 450.. then stop now

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Didn't you find that you lose a lot of materials when you try to skill up on items that are still orange? For example, I lose lots of netherium and occasionally some handles/blades when I skill up on stilletos when I am only x28. I found it safer to wait till I was within 2-3 points of it turning yellow before I started making the items.

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Didn't you find that you lose a lot of materials when you try to skill up on items that are still orange? For example, I lose lots of netherium and occasionally some handles/blades when I skill up on stilletos when I am only x28. I found it safer to wait till I was within 2-3 points of it turning yellow before I started making the items.

yes you do, but its a higher chance to get a skill point on orange, then it is on the blue item, so its a trade off.

within 10 is generally not to bad... :)

B

Bellona

I dont hink i have lost more materials than usually.. and atm its seems i will hit 1000 for 20p.. so im happy :D

+ i have made atleast 5p on seals/drop

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Well, I'll give it another try. Its bloomin' frustrating to keep on losing hilts all the time. ;)

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Well, I'll give it another try. Its bloomin' frustrating to keep on losing hilts all the time. ;)

mmm, well you could always wait for 1.63, when weaponcraft recipes are "flattened" :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I'll be long in my coffin by the time GOA finish 'translating' that one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom