Film Connor MacLeod of Clan Macleod

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I liked highlander 2!

SORRY! :D
Note to self: try to modify time destroying device to leave ECA in a permanent loop of watching Mr and Mrs (with Phil and Fern) whilst being raped by scabby dogs.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
They are all awful.

Why I watched 2 and 3 after hating the first I don't know. I guess i trusted morons that claimed they were good films.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
John Carpenter's The Thing is superb.

The original Highlander was excellent (hopefully modern copies have the wires in the final scene photo-shopped out! Can still see them on my copy lol)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
(hopefully modern copies have the wires in the final scene photo-shopped out! Can still see them on my copy lol)

Nope. They are still in the BluRay version I saw recently. Definitely a movie that's greater than the sum of it's parts, as some of those parts are b-movie bad :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nothing can erase Highlander II from history. If I could end time at the point where it was released I would. Fuck all the good things that happened like my kids being born, highlander 2 must NEVER HAVE EXISTED.

*experiment*

I'm in agreement with you that is was a fucking terrible terrible terrible movie by any critical standard.

But goddamnit the cast is amazing.
Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Michael Ironside, John McGinley and more.

It's like some sort of hypnotic car crash of a movie that by no definable standards could ever be considered good - but it's still fun to watch.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What about the Lethal Weapon films? All good? Who didn't laugh at Danny Glover flapping around doing chicken impressions? Or that annoying little guy - what was his name? Leo-something? Or the bit when he sees his daughter appearing on the condom advert?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I caught the middle of the Flashdance remake and left it on, what a crock of shit. They even did a new version of footloose with Kenny Loggins and some bird singing it. Absolutely destroyed it!!! Some stuff just shouldn't be touched.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
John Carpenter's The Thing was shite?

Come oooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Lulz. Of course not. It's one of my favourite films.

She's a bit body from Baywatch, face from Crimewatch though.

Yeah. JLC is total BOBFOC. It's one of the reasons True Lies is utterly wank. I want her to get shot.

It's not even as if she had youth on her side, like in Changing Places :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Highlander is one of my all-time favourite films so it's going to be an uphill struggle for a remake to meet my high expectations.
Highlander 2 was an abortion of a film. The only thing that saves it is Michael Ironside's "performance" (which he clearly phoned in). There was a version knocking around that added whole scenes so the film actually made a lot more sense, but it still needs to be forgotten.
Highlander 3 was ok as sequels go, but even Mario Van Peebles hamming it up couldn't save it.
Highlander 4... now I have mixed feelings about this one because I actually liked how they took the "feel" of the series and made a movie out of it. Maybe because Russell Mulcahey made it. I also think Bruce Payne is an under-rated character actor in a "hey, it's that guy!" sort of way.
Highlander 5 is sat on my Sky box waiting to be watched. It's got Methos/Adam Pearson, it's not a total loss.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Highlander 5 is sat on my Sky box waiting to be watched. It's got Methos/Adam Pearson, it's not a total loss.

Oh it really is. Terrible terrible film. It's like one of those shit fests on syfy but with worse effects and worse acting. Compared to Highlander 5 the voice acting in the resident evil 1 opening scenes would get an Oscar.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My favourite line from the original Thing.
'He moves fast for a man with six dogs on his back.'

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
True Lies is a great film, anyone who says differently is just WEIRD.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
How about Beverly Hills Cop II, that wasn't a total disaster :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Good sequals - Godfather II, Batman Dark Knight, Evil Dead II, Manon, Magnum Force, Dead Pool, Beverly Hills Cop, Terminator II....can't think of many more off the top of my head that I enjoyed. I suppose Aliens was OK although I have very mixed feelings about turning it into a action war movie.

Really enjoyed Prometheus but that's prequel rather an a sequal :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
surprised they havent remade the evil dead trilogy yet tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom