Connection Sharing

G

Gabrial

I know there are some of you guys out there that must use 2 PCs to connect to the game with 2 accounts. What I need to know is whats some good free software I can use to share my internet connection with another PC? Im running Windows 98 (sadly not the version with it built in).

D

Damon_D

a switch ??? no special proggie . connect switch to router , connect comps to switch , rdy to go

F

Fafnir

I got D-Link router, easy set up, just plug in and play. But i installed the firewall witch was a bit tougher, to get all settings correct.

G

Gabrial

I dont really want to fork out for any hardware and im not currently using a hub or a router or anything like that. We are both connected with COAX using the old style BNC connection:)

O

old.moriath

upgrade to xp or win2k its got it built in. Or download the service packs for 98 and you might get the bit your missing bundled in them

G

Gabrial

I thought that there was some software called Wingate available that was free for 2 machines but I cant find a free download anywhere for it.

I dont really want to upgrade if I can avoid it and I dont think I can just get the service packs (im running plain 98 not 98SE or whatever it is:)).

I think I can find some software that will do the trick but will the second machine need some special setup for DAOC or do you think the connection will be transparent?

C

Cadire

Take a look at AnalogX proxy server and see if it's what you're after.

You can find it here.

G

Gabrial

Heh - thanks Cadire. I downloaded that one last night after some more looking around the internet:)

Im guessing its transparent to DAOC and that there arent any settings I need to change on either installation...

S

SilverHood

hmm, I used Winroute lite before I got a D-Link router

P

Piojo

Make the computer with the connection the server and then the other computer a client surely you can do that in Win 98 SE as I've done it be4 with 3 computers. Cable modem > Server>Hub>pc (if u only have 2 pcs then use the cable ur using atm)

L

Lanceloc

I use IPCop (www.ipcop.org) on a £50 2nd-hand Compaq Deskpro pc. Its really good, and free.

Works with my BTOpenwound "stingray" Alcatel USB ADSL modem too.

O

old.tRoG

http://www.netfor2.com/DcShare1.ht

I haven't tried it, and don't know if it will work, but I am looking to do the same thing (eg. I'm trying to buy a 500mhz-ish comp as cheap as possible for paperwork, running second accounts, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom