Connection problems

D

Derianna

This may not be only goa problems...
Ebone is lost now.....
Maybe one or two other network problems end everything went to hell.....

We have to wait...

Regards,
Deri

I

Israfael

It's not just the server, it's not bloody goa for gods sake. The fault lies with wanadoo or higher up the chain. Read the main general discussion forum, there's more information there if you can wade through the complaining lamers.

O

old.m0000

I'll flame all i want...

I work a hard day i come home and i dont expect daoc to be unplayable, if it is i want a refund - i dont give a flying fuck whos fault it was.

Funny how it's the only mmorpg i play that is lagging atm, all the others are fine.

I

Israfael

Christ, sorry mistar, but if everyone who encountered a bit of problems with internet connectivity screamed out for refunds and got them, there'd be no internet.

Bitch away if you want, but there's no point. As has been stated, the fault is upstream of goa and lies with Wanadoo or above. Ergo this is not Goa's fault.

You want a refund? Go bitch at wanadoo, NOT Goa.

O

old.m0000

......waits for his american account cdkey......

no lag
quick patches
2 pvp servers :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:
roleplay servers
darkness falls
all english servers
ingame gms

...... and sorry what does goa offer apart from lag and 72 hour delays on customer service and no ingame gms?

:sleeping: :m00:

I

Israfael

1) no lag

Don't bet on it, WorldCom died today remember ;)

2) quick patches

Of course they'll get quick patches, that's where the patches are made with no translation needed.

3) 2 pvp servers

That are chaotic and infested with people who should be playing Quake.

4) roleplay servers

Didn't realise you were into that, nothing stopping you RPing on these servers.

5) darkness falls
Not like you'll have a high enough character to experience it in US before we get it.

6) all english servers

Yup.

7) ingame gms

Which means what precisely? What does an ingame GM really provide apart from events which goa are currently organising? They got interrupted from doing one of the events they had planned due to the current connectivity issues.

I'd rather stay here, to be honest. I'm settled.

O

old.m0000

theres no lag

i dont like waiting for someone to translate from my language into some other crap before i get to play it.

I like quake

I dont like roleplaying but its just an example of america offering more tha goa.

i'll be playing pvp only so its likley i'll have a level 40 char within a week

Ingame gms provide a 1-4 hour response to problems ingame, rather than 72 - infinity hour response that goa provides, out of game.

I'm settled too - id love not to have to move but the lure of the pvp server and my disgust at how long euro will have to wait for one of it's own.

I'm not gonna stop playing euro - hell if pvp is really bad then i wont move at all - but im not waiting till november to find out.

O

old.chipper

im not whining but the least goa could have done was shut down the servers if its this bad, they havent so i suggest they give all players a little xp back when they get chance to as loads of xp hasbeen lost tonight albion looks like a graveyard i imagine hib and midgard are similar

I

Israfael

There's no lag now, but the company that provides the connection ect for the US servers went bancrupt, iirc.

If PvP's all you want to do, then the american servers are probably just right for you.

Yes, goa have problems sometimes, but for gods sake, it could be a lot worse.

J

Jiggs

yay its running fine......

/e looks at clock.....

time to go to bed.....

thanks for 15mins of fun :)

PS I agree: when they got problem shut the dam thing down for however long it takes. Otherwise you got people dying, LD etc etc

not fun :/

H

herjulf

I cannot for the world understand why you let us your only customers, endure such torture.

If it was once a month occurances like a sudden routing table disturbance. that fixed itself after 6mins. but static pings ranging from min 70ms-2000ms+ with sporadic 3-5second gaps of 100% packelosses.
And all happeing in the 2 last routers/fw´s before the server.

Even though GOA is owned by the company that has the lines there, i dont see why you cannot look elsewhere for an ISP to host your connection.

I think it is unacceptable.

If my company bought such a connection for our servers, we would emedietly change provider.

It is cleat that the company they their access from is unable to provide the service GOA´s product/customers demands.

Herjulf Hornbrytare - lvl50 Norseman

O

old.Krusha

/em waves goodbye to m000

remember this aswell KPNQwest who own almost all lines in europe is owned by WorldCom that went belly up and all left the offices today. And furthermore if all LD and try to log in simultaneously will not get the pressure off the servers....

its only temporary, but im pissed too. Just drop DAOC and do something else for awhile and register a complaint to (Yeah)RightNow and demand something back for the pain (like lost xp or something else?)

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by old.Krusha
/em waves goodbye to m000

its only temporary, but im pissed too. Just drop DAOC and do something else for awhile and register a complaint to (Yeah)RightNow and demand something back for the pain (like lost xp or something else?)

Oooh, i demand some beer..........and pie

S

sandron

Originally posted by old.Krusha

remember this aswell KPNQwest who own almost all lines in europe is owned by WorldCom that went belly up and all left the offices today.

omg, how misinformed can you be. WorldCom has nothing to do with KPNQuest, WorldCom is still operating the same way they were last week, and the same as they will be next week. They went chapter 11 not bankrupt.

Facts, straight, get?

Users who are viewing this thread