Congratulations GoA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dyvet died, 11 Albs RvRing at 19:20 CET on Thursday, less Hibs and Mids out from what I can see.

:touch:

cmr

Banned
that many? im going to log on and chain then until they log in a minute then :(

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Clustre us with avalon dam it.

I want action, sucks when at 7 pm and all there is is about 10 albs out and even less hibs.

Who cares if i can't read german, all the spell listings look the same anyways. And it would be a new challenge :p Like the old days. Although trade learning to exp with German is the only differance :p

Jesmin

Loyal Freddie
brad said:
Clustre us with avalon dam it.

I want action, sucks when at 7 pm and all there is is about 10 albs out and even less hibs.

Who cares if i can't read german, all the spell listings look the same anyways. And it would be a new challenge :p Like the old days. Although trade learning to exp with German is the only differance :p

As much as I'd like this to happen I think they'll just let the English servers die. Don't think GoA are too keen on multi-lingual servers.

I may be wrong though.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
maybe if everyone wasnt in the US or on Avalon the UK cluster might be slighty higher ?

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
And who wants to play uk cluster?:/ ava cluster is imba and for what i heard us are too, leave from uk cluster :) no point on staying :>

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle said:
maybe if everyone wasnt in the US or on Avalon the UK cluster might be slighty higher ?

Whilst that is obviously true, we know why people have moved.

GOA have not helped matters, but the player base has to take a lot of responsibility as well. Our unwillingness and inability to see other points of view has been chisling away at people's fortitude for some time.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Awarkle said:

Ye less AC'ing for the 100th time and (more important) less banning people for lowering a keep. O w8, didnt we hade this discussion before? :p

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
As much as I would of loved having my .eng chars ToA'd and ready for action on avalon, I'm not sure it would be to great of an idea to inflict the server with some of the people that made me leave here. However I guess with the big population on avalon it might go pretty much unnoticed. Still have doubts though.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
So how exactly is this Goa's fault? ^^

I'm assuming you've played US servers? Ahead by patch(es) and bigger player base, due partly to a unified language based on population but also because things get done better like customer support and regular updates for issues that massively affect gameplay.

The latter issues are specifically GoA's domain. Do you see problems with WoW? Nope, and why - because Blizzard got off their arse and made sure they were strategically supported in Europe. Mythic didn't bother with language packages, and had to do a 'make do' european effort with GoA.

Shame we all enjoy a game that wasn't really designed for europe. :mad:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
If everyone moves to avalon you'll just kill it like you did the EU servers. Have you ever thought about making the EU servers better again so people will return instead of running off to other servers.

I think it'll be good once the eu servers die. Then maybe we should re-activate our chars there and then it'll be as good as the old days.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Awarkle said:
why would anyone in their right mind want to rvr with a bunch of bridge camping newbs?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
why would anyone in their right mind want to rvr with a bunch of bridge camping newbs?

Everyone join in...

*singing*

There are no newbs in america.... in america... in america, no there are no newbs in america and the servers are paved with goooold...

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
Everyone join in...

*singing*

There are no newbs in america.... in america... in america, no there are no newbs in america and the servers are paved with goooold...

wots the tune?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Flimgoblin said:
Everyone join in...

*singing*

well the numbers speak for themselves.... US servers are far from perfect (due to game design) but at least the zergs dont hide in a keep waiting for someone to wander by like on excal/pryd.

seriously, the remaining player base need to take a good long look at their play style before they complain about low population.

the people left on excal/pryd who dont have the time/resources to reroll are the only hope...from what i have seen after re-activating they really couldnt give a shit about the survival of the cluster, more interested in a couple of hundred RPs before the server is closed.

they are what you may like to call "selfowned"

and before you start banging on about leetists are to blame for the server decline...they left ages ago, its only the nice guys irl left and the server is worse (both population and population decline) than ever.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Arethir said:
As much as I would of loved having my .eng chars ToA'd and ready for action on avalon, I'm not sure it would be to great of an idea to inflict the server with some of the people that made me leave here. However I guess with the big population on avalon it might go pretty much unnoticed. Still have doubts though.

More farming DS :twak:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well the numbers speak for themselves.... US servers are far from perfect (due to game design) but at least the zergs dont hide in a keep waiting for someone to wander by like on excal/pryd.

seriously, the remaining player base need to take a good long look at their play style before they complain about low population.

the people left on excal/pryd who dont have the time/resources to reroll are the only hope...from what i have seen after re-activating they really couldnt give a shit about the survival of the cluster, more interested in a couple of hundred RPs before the server is closed.

they are what you may like to call "selfowned"

and before you start banging on about leetists are to blame for the server decline...they left ages ago, its only the nice guys irl left and the server is worse (both population and population decline) than ever.

Played US for years and generally speaking it is exactly the same as the excal/pryd cluster, only the zergs are slightly bigger and maybe slightly less people whine about trivial things. Thats about it.

US population has dropped at about the same rate as Euro, only they had a lot more players and a lot more servers than we did here at it's peak. All US servers were one language, thats why they still can decently populate a few of them (clustered 4 times each now?). The main reason is nothing to do with the cluster or those who play on it. After 5 years a game just gets tired, people move-on and (in DAoC's case) it doesn't have anything to appeal to potential new players as all they hear is WoW this and WAR/AoC that. Mythic never pushed this game when it needed the push, as a result it has lost out to better marketed alternatives and will now end up being nothing more than a footnote in the mmorpg history books.

Who cares really, it's just a game :)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
Whilst that is obviously true, we know why people have moved.

GOA have not helped matters, but the player base has to take a lot of responsibility as well. Our unwillingness and inability to see other points of view has been chisling away at people's fortitude for some time.

A very good post...and yes spot on...:worthy:

Awarkle said:

Well most of us left to get away from alot of those players and their attitudes, that are still on the UK cluster...

kiliarien said:
I'm assuming you've played US servers? Ahead by patch(es) and bigger player base, due partly to a unified language based on population but also because things get done better like customer support and regular updates for issues that massively affect gameplay.

The latter issues are specifically GoA's domain. Do you see problems with WoW? Nope, and why - because Blizzard got off their arse and made sure they were strategically supported in Europe. Mythic didn't bother with language packages, and had to do a 'make do' european effort with GoA.

Shame we all enjoy a game that wasn't really designed for europe.

Hmm...why does the German servers work so well then
It works in the EU, it just doesnt work if people do their darndest to get everyone else banned/mad...

Flimgoblin said:
Everyone join in...

*singing*

Well no, but both on the german and the US servers there are more of a unified understanding what works and not. The different playerstyles agree to follow the others rules in their areas and not whine about it...

In the end I have to agree with former posters here, even though I would love to have my chars from english cluster on a german server, I did move to get away from alot of attitudes of the english cluster (and english GoA team), and I really dont want those attitudes to be transfered even on a little scale to the german cluster.

Atm most english transferes chose to act as guests there and follow their rules.

If we get the more stupid elements from cluster there the mutual respect between germans and english speaking communities might be broken and we are facing a new english cluster situation within short.

Best would be for the english cluster, would be for some people to understand that just because you can do something ingame, its not a must to do it. In the end its the community that dictates how well a server will do, not the game mechanics...

When your answere to all arguments on a server is: "Well stop QQing and quit instead!" eventually you will get as you whish and be alone on the server...

/Charmangle

kiliarien said:

Shame we all enjoy a game that wasn't really designed for europe. :mad:

Ppft you of all people should know I've played US servers. Not remember Roxanna's 1.5 fun time? :x

And all i meant by my quote was, people always seem to blame GoA for the ever decreasing population of EU servers, sure they had a big part it in, but the players didn't help for shit, they hardly made it a nice place to play either.

Also I was quite disappointed by the customer support over on US. Dunno if you were on when i couldn't port into DF for the champ quests, i put in an appeal, waited 7 hours and still didn't get a reply. Yet according to /appeal the average waiting time was 2 hours.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Arethir said:

steep off that mighty horse, no one would fucking care if we got clustered, the guilty albs wouldnt be noticed and they would get farmed anyway - same for all realms

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
steep off that mighty horse, no one would fucking care if we got clustered, the guilty albs wouldnt be noticed and they would get farmed anyway - same for all realms

Mate, read my post above and you get the argument, why the english community on Avalon dont want the bad elements from this cluster to come there. And there is a very real chance they screw up that cluster also...

/Charmangle

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Even the zergs are better on Limors. At least people gather at some keep and then start moving to kill stuff. Also the forum isn't full of OMG you added on me threads. There is an 8v8 zone, people go there if they want to play like this and if you're bored, you just join the zerg and so something. That's what I like a bit more on Limors. You get less whine, less flames and can you believe it, there are even 100% fresh players starting there. Happened a couple of times when I brought an auto-train toon from 1-5 in the instance that people asked in the starter-guild how the game worked. It's so much rewarding to help out these guys and show them a bit around cause that's the generation that will help keep the player base high.

It's not all shiny though, cause 1on1 is a bit tricky on such a big server, but you can find such fights.

So what makes Limors better than Dyvet? I think it's the atmosphere =)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
there are some initiatives for solozone actually. duelling circle in the center of agramon which is a bit chaotic but also a couple of roaming areas just like the solo zone that has been tried on exc/pryd cluster

4 hours of shitloads fgfights today in 8vs8 zone without a single add (no its not propaganda to reroll!) :(.

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
I thought like the servers were rocking now all the whiners have left for us/avalon servers.:m00:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom