concert for diana

mank!

Part of the furniture
seriously. why?

what's the need?

the grieving at the time was absurd. i was only eleven but i recall being confused about it all. ten years on and a huge concert is organised for these same people to revel in their grief once more?

alright, she did a lot for charity. so does ian botham. is he going to get a concert on the 10th "anniversary" of his death? i doubt it. i'm sure there are plenty of people who have done far more charity work in their lifetime than either of these people but go entirely unnoticed.

i'm not particularly anti-monarchy. i see them as a useful tourist attraction and part of our national identity. but what is this nation's obsession with diana and her death?

am i the only one who feels like this? i outright refused to watch so much as a millisecond of yesterday's concert.

rynnor

Rockhound
Dunno - next time I accidentally break a coathanger I'll have to remember to have a tribute concert.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Its not for me, but whatever floats yer boat I suppose ....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i dont care why they had it but some of the acts were classic. my favourite being super tramp.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I'm really dissapointed in the concert for three reasons.

Firstly that Kanye West didn't dedicate Golddigger to Diana.

And secondly they didn't put anti drink drive commecials in between every act. It's a waste of a perfect opportunity.

They didn't ask Mojo Nixon to play as he's the only person i know who has specifically written a tribute to diana.

And how the hell did Pee Diddly get on the bill, I can rap better than he can.

G

Jimmy Saville has raised over 40 million pounds for charity, he's ace.

Diana used her position to help other people, there's fuck all wrong with that, she was ace.

Jimmy Saville won't have a tribute concert when hes been dead 10 years but i'll smoke a cigar for him.

"as it appens guys and gals"

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I thought the sound quality on some of the acts was shocking, could not hear half of them singing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I feel about this the same way i feel about all those 9/11 etc memorial days that have to come Every. F'ing. Year.

Luckily you can change the channel but come on, atleast give it ten years to be memorable.

Though...with Di i think it is soon? :eek7:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Harry and what ever the other ones name is (actually cant remember) Did not want C4 to show their silly little tv show because it made them think about their mother again. 1 month down the line and we are having a concert to celebrate her potential birthday. She did a lot of excellent work but by all accounts she was a bit of a whore as well. I would love to see a dna test on Harry as well.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
seriously. why?

what's the need?

the grieving at the time was absurd. i was only eleven but i recall being confused about it all. ten years on and a huge concert is organised for these same people to revel in their grief once more?

Because her sons wanted to do it? And all the money goes to charities...
Can't see anything wrong with it really.

They certainly didnt look unhappy at this tribute concert...what harm has it caused?

I would rather have a million of these than have 1 minute of "Big Brother" and all the rest of the waste of time "Reality" TV shows.

I watched a bit of the concert thing and found it dull really....

Chilly

Balls of steel
to be honest, any excuse for a party is fine by me. And if it happens to be at the expense of the royal family, and also happen to be all about love and all that jibba jabba, then all the better.

Plus, I bet it was pretty good (personally I wouldnt have enjoyed it, but thats cos Im not into the kind of music there).

Kryten

Old Cow.
Well, two minds here. I enjoyed a couple of the acts, however the best music of the whole night was the lad's tribute right at the end - the home videos of Diana with a classic Queen track accompanying - time of our lives? Love that track, very suitable.

However I'm rather pissed off with the constant diana this, diana that. Yeah, she did a lot of good, and was a generally good person, but it doesn't need to go on this long. It happened, we mourned the loss of said good person, it should have been over.

But saying that, the money raised is for a good cause, and I can't really say that's a bad thing. I just hope it gets used properly and sent to the right people - unlike much of Comic Relief, for instance.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the sound quality on some of the acts was shocking, could not hear half of them singing.

Unfortunately it was the same at the Muse Concert. The sound in that place is shocking, unless you are right at the front.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
unlike much of Comic Relief, for instance.
Sorry to hijack, but I was always under the impression that Comic Relief was rather good? I'd be interested to read about that Kryt, got any links?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I flicked across just as Ricky Gervais came on, so I was happy. :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Mystic - it was one of the big ones, cant remember if it was Comic Relief or Live Aid/8 or something like that where the money was all sent to the relevant countries and their governments - and a large majority of the money went to the government - so they all drove round in rollers living in luxury whilst the poverty around them went on.
You'll already know the typical scenario I'm on about - i just cant recollect the charity that contributed most to it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Didn't bother me as I didn't watch but I do wonder why people still fuss about Diana. She's the headline story every day in the Daily Express. Obviously those who knew her should still think of her but why is it anyone else's business ? I just don't want to hear it. Thankfully my telly has an off-switch and I don't read the Express so I manage fine.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Mystic - it was one of the big ones, cant remember if it was Comic Relief or Live Aid/8 or something like that where the money was all sent to the relevant countries and their governments - and a large majority of the money went to the government - so they all drove round in rollers living in luxury whilst the poverty around them went on.
You'll already know the typical scenario I'm on about - i just cant recollect the charity that contributed most to it.

Which is why I rarely bother making any donations.

Besides being tight as a duck's arsehole, i'm more comfortable knowing that the money I just spent on a pack of cigs will most likely end up going towards a better use than being sent straight to the government in Africa who will spend about 1% on the country and the rest on themselves.

Live Aids been going on for years and yet from what I can tell, fuck alls changed.

Until the moneys going to where it's supposed to, I think i'd rather keep my cash rather than paying for some twat's dinner bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom