[SUGGESTION] Concerning GOA and the OB status

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
The situation seems that getting in GOA's hand since yesterday i saw all servers with high/full population.So i propose all of us to leave all the criticism behind and make a step forward. I am not a GOA fun and i have issues with them since DAOC, but the right thing at the moment is to let them do their work and give to all the technical stuff a credit of solving it out. I know how it is to work on those situations and it is certain that most of them probably haven't seen much their homes.
The thing i would love to see now from fh, is to flood again this forum with topics concerning the game and leave everything behind :)

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe when what they tell is true we will. Their latest news states everyone with a valid key can now patch and play. Thats rubbish. Ive just tried my son's account and it is a valid account and it still CANNOT access.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
They haven't solved it out, far from it. From the people who did not have an account at war-europe.com, only a handful managed to create one last sunday. All we got from them was a message monday that said that it was down and "We thank you for your understanding and your patience. Naturally, we will give you an update about the situation tomorrow morning."

This message never came.

I am sick of their constant lying, constant fact-twisting and denial of reality. The fact that people (who already had an account or those 6 people who managed to create one sunday) can now play the beta seem to have totally forgotton about the major screwups GOA has made. GOA here is the winning party. They know they can get away with this amateuristic support if all they do is finish the problems a few days later, the crappy support will continue. I doubt they've learned from this.

I hope all goes smooth at the launch of the game, only then has this beta been a success.

PS: This is not a whine because I can't get into the beta: I have been able to get in since sunday night cause I had acces to the closed beta before. All the post you've seen so far by me are to support the people who have not managed to get in yet.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Its the same old rubbish from GOA ever since their DAOC days! I wont give them any credit at all for their efforts as they have totally screwed things up. The US beta is going smoothly, so its not like its a problem with the software itself but is purely a problem with the retards maintaining the servers.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Maybe when what they tell is true we will. Their latest news states everyone with a valid key can now patch and play. Thats rubbish. Ive just tried my son's account and it is a valid account and it still CANNOT access.

Got a colleague who can't either. So problems most certainly aren't fixed.

And I totally agree with Evoknox. I was in closed beta, so I was never actually affected by the Open Beta key debacle, but this mess alone is seriously making me consider my pre-order.
The fact that people are now thanking GOA for coming into the beta test this late after it went up shows clearly how short memory people have. The fact that many people already forgot the lies and misinformation we were fed up to the Open Beta and the spin attempted to be put on it afterwards is very puzzling in my opinion.

GOA seemingly have got a carte blanche to screw customers over time and time again while many just seem to say thanks and ask for more.
I will be voting with my money if they screw head start up as well. And from the look of it, they seem to be in the process of doing just that.

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
The situation seems that getting in GOA's hand since yesterday i saw all servers with high/full population.So i propose all of us to leave all the criticism behind and make a step forward. I am not a GOA fun and i have issues with them since DAOC, but the right thing at the moment is to let them do their work and give to all the technical stuff a credit of solving it out. I know how it is to work on those situations and it is certain that most of them probably haven't seen much their homes.
The thing i would love to see now from fh, is to flood again this forum with topics concerning the game and leave everything behind :)

Sorry I cannot let this lie... If we all forget and say thank you GOA... Nothing will be done... This is open beta and as such any problems with the game or the administration done behind the scenes needs to be voiced.

As I've stated elsewhere on these forums... the US player base would not stand for this so why should we...

Wooly

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I didn't say to forget and say thank you as far as i remember. I said to step forward and stop poisoning our minds with all the endless spam for this matter. Yeah there planning sucked, i have written that and you all did. I don't think though that posting it 1000 times will have any difference from the first time.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I didn't say to forget and say thank you as far as i remember. I said to step forward and stop poisoning our minds with all the endless spam for this matter. Yeah there planning sucked, i have written that and you all did. I don't think though that posting it 1000 times will have any difference from the first time.

But neither will ignoring it or "stepping forward and stopping poisoning the minds", if the company seems to make no interest in changing, or make no obvious attempts at displaying that they change.

Then they'll just know they can screw everybody over once more with just a few days of fallout on various irrelevant fan forums once more. People will just "step forwards" and forget it all once more.

GOA apparently haven't changed much since DAoC, what makes you think they'll change to the Head Start which is 4 days away and where we've heard nothing what so ever about how they'll avoid the same problems again.

lefo

Fledgling Freddie
As of now the forth day after the OB should be running, i cannot play, because the link in my authentication email just does not work. GOA and its representatives are highly incopetent and should be delt with accordingly. It doesnt matter if its OB or not that is nor working. Its their lousy atitudes towards customers and obvious unwillingness to solve problems they constantly create.

wooly

Fledgling Freddie

I know its a broken record.. and we all agree... BUT... whoever reads the 3rd page of a 1000 page forum...?

Keep fighting... Long live the fighters... Fathers for Justice... Blah Blah... :p

Wooly

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Got a colleague who can't either. So problems most certainly aren't fixed.

And I totally agree with Evoknox. I was in closed beta, so I was never actually affected by the Open Beta key debacle, but this mess alone is seriously making me consider my pre-order.
The fact that people are now thanking GOA for coming into the beta test this late after it went up shows clearly how short memory people have. The fact that many people already forgot the lies and misinformation we were fed up to the Open Beta and the spin attempted to be put on it afterwards is very puzzling in my opinion.

GOA seemingly have got a carte blanche to screw customers over time and time again while many just seem to say thanks and ask for more.
I will be voting with my money if they screw head start up as well. And from the look of it, they seem to be in the process of doing just that.

You have to remember the casual majority. Many people are just casual gamers who said "let's have a go at this Warhammer Beta". They tried to log in and it was all broken. "Never mind" they say, "it's beta, these things happen. We'll try again tomorrow". They don't have all the history of online gaming or history of GOA in DAoC, hell I bet lot of people are Warhammer TT players who haven't played many computer games before at all. You can't expect them all to react like "us" by getting the pitchforks out again. The older FH users are somewhat seasoned veterans of the MMO world and GOA (through DAoC). That doesn't mean the oldies are wrong to complain but neither should you question why people appear to have short memories, you shouldn't judge them by your own opinions of a situation.

These things take time work out. Xandax you like others have been very vocal about the amount of news (or not) on the main GOA WAR pages well that seems to be getting a LOT better so they are listening I think. Should they have had all this down and sorted ages ago? Of course they should and nothing can excuse the total fail of Sunday but of course they didn't fail on Sunday they failed days, weeks, months ago by not planning well. They thought they had but they hadn't. Nothing that was said by forum users was ever going to change their plan and all the "told you so" stuff isn't going to help either but remember this: it could well be the big casual gamer audience that they are trying to attract that makes or breaks the game so you might have to accept that GOA "appears" to listen to them in preference to all those poor exasperated sods who can't believe what a total (and in their own opnions totally avoidable) cluster *uck has just occurred. But I reckon GOA HAVE to learn from this, the question is how many oldies have now had enough of GOA and go play the US servers and therefore won't be around to see the (possibly) good outcomes of all this?

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
In order to regain my trust in GOA they have to do a flawless release. And with that I mean that you're ready to play 10 minutes after you've installed the game. Shouldn't be more than creating an account (5 minutes), waiting for validation (5 minutes) and fire up the game.

Sure, there will be some lag on the servers, there might even be the occasional server crash, stuff like this is unavoidable. The debacle of the open beta however should never see the light of day again.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
But neither will ignoring it or "stepping forward and stopping poisoning the minds", if the company seems to make no interest in changing, or make no obvious attempts at displaying that they change.

Then they'll just know they can screw everybody over once more with just a few days of fallout on various irrelevant fan forums once more. People will just "step forwards" and forget it all once more.

We have made around 5000 posts for this problem. Every thought, every criticism has been covered.

GOA apparently haven't changed much since DAoC, what makes you think they'll change to the Head Start which is 4 days away and where we've heard nothing what so ever about how they'll avoid the same problems again.

Here you will find a post i did on another topic. I posted my concerns and i hope not to become true. I cant do anything more than that and there will be no difference if i post this 10 more times.

My choices if something like this happen are two.

1)Stop playing
2)Keep playing, keep criticizing and hope for the best.

Personally i am not fed up with GOA yet, because even the problems we had on daoc, i spent there 4 lovely years and it was by far the best mmo game i ve ever played.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
The situation is getting better, I was able to play last night as was my housemate. 3 days too late but I can get over that. However, the servers being full doesn't exactly mean a lot - there were 6 (I think) EN servers at the time, each with a max population of 1000, so only 6000 were in game at that point. Compared to 50,000 CE keys, and goodness knows how many SE preorder keys, and free codes that have been given out all over the place.

A pathetic minority of people are currently able to access the beta, and it is a huge problem. It should not simply be brushed beneath the carpet as you suggest.

Dervish - that casual minority you mention, who wanted to give the game a go and see what it was like, but haven't been able to get access because the account centre is STILL down, have likely given up by now. We're half way through the open beta and they haven't even be able to make the first step towards playing. In turn, this means that all those potential buyers are now non-buyers. People do not buy MMORPGs in this day and age without giving it a go first, after all the complete disasters there have been with numerous games, which is why everyone gives out free trials. If you can't access the free trial, you don't play, and to those casual players, the open beta is exactly that - a free trial.

I still have my CE on pre-order, and I will see how release goes. If I'm able to play in a timely fashion on Sunday, I will continue playing. If not, I'll likely cancel the pre-order and go US. There will be enough EU players on the US servers to enjoy it. There is one advantage at least of giving out the headstart codes with the preorder box rather than in the CE box :)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
If 5000 posts is considered brush beneath the carpet by you then i have nothing else to say actually...

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
But you would like to leave all those behind and start over again, apparently. So those 5000 posts would be exactly that - brushed beneath the carpet...

Everz

FH is my second home
When i see the registration system up then i'll consider there work 'done'

Gahn

Resident Freddy
When i see the registration system up then i'll consider there work 'done'

That could be a start; i still can't even imagine what a major fuck up could have been done Database Server side to not have it completely up and running by now.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I've sat quiet since the joke of DAOC but now its terrible how even i who have an account cant log in. Fair enough its my fault that i have forgotten the complex 256 bit encrypted login password. But they should have at least have some sort of password reminder/password reset facility

Total Joke, sorting the US one is so much easier, all i need to do now is get the patch and i'm all set up

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Vell I agree with you. Rather I meant the casual gamers posting here that I think Xandax was referring to. Likely many of whom only appeared here becuase of the FH OB key giveaway and are now successfully playing. But yes I mourn for all those lost people who braved their first toe-dip into MMO water and found GOA's corner of the great gaming lake frozen.

Hmm I feel all poetic and wistful now.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Are you French by any chance?

I still can't create an account on their laughable web site.

I don't give a shit about them with the amount of preparation time and money they have had I would be able to run the business the run way smoother.

They're simply incompetent.

Takes 5 minutes to get in OB with Mythic, GOA doesn't even allow registration.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
They deserve 0 credit because with a little planning and foresight the whole debocle could have been avoided. As I have said in many of my posts it was apsolutely ludacrus to plan things this way and not expect it to monumentally fail. I knew that, you know that and anyone else with half a brain knew it, apart from GoA and their so called professionals :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
As we are at the equal/identical service part, today I found out about the very kool realm war chronicles part on the US website. Ego stroking, of course, but also a way to check out other peoples gear while not ingame. Looks really nice, tho it seems the itemDB aint fully functional yet. It only shows the stats, not the names of the gear.

Anyway, nice service from Mythic and I am sure GOA will supply an equally (not identically) one soon (tm). ;)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Anyway, nice service from Mythic and I am sure GOA will supply an equally (not identically) one soon (tm). ;)

Ok who wants to answer this one?

I'm not, its far too easy an attack

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Ok who wants to answer this one?

I'm not, its far too easy an attack

haha

PS:Vell i never wrote or said to neglect all these stuff. I said that 5000 posts are more than enough to understand GOA our anger. We are worried about the next days but it will not change anything if we continue spamming the same things. Lets calm a bit also and wait to see how it will go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom