CON or matter/body resist?

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
I can either get 22 con or 9% matter or body resist.
What would you prio on a Saracen Mindsorc?

Atm i got 16% body resist, 17% matter resist and 50 con.

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
get capped con and body resists, leave matter at 17% imo

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Megalodon said:
I can either get 22 con or 9% matter or body resist.
What would you prio on a Saracen Mindsorc?

Atm i got 16% body resist, 17% matter resist and 50 con.

CON imo since extra hps helps you in all situations but matter/body only helps you when your fighting players with thoes kind of damage spells (matter dosent matter anyway since its insta death if you were trying to protect you from instalocks)

edit : might get 9% body tho not sure...

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, then its down to capped body resist or ~ +50HP. Do I like to stand still long or die fast? 22 con gives 50HP and that arent that much so will prolly go with body then.

I also have to choose between 26 slash/25 thrust or the opposite, what do mids/hibs usually use - slash or thrust?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Well work out what an average body spell hits you for (for ease lets say 500 damage) 9% of 500 is less than 50 hits so imo the 50 hits is better (except for the additional benefit or reducing duration on a mezz but in all honesty if you're mezzed and purge isn't up will it really matter?)

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
Well work out what an average body spell hits you for (for ease lets say 500 damage) 9% of 500 is less than 50 hits so imo the 50 hits is better (except for the additional benefit or reducing duration on a mezz but in all honesty if you're mezzed and purge isn't up will it really matter?)

lets say he gets nuked 3x500 by a body damaging spell - the 9% extra body resistance dosent only work on one spell, ill let you do the math from here

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
well.

Body resist should be max or next to it
Cloth armour is neutal so you I have higher slash since majority of ppl spec swords/blades for Malice.

Matter - I have capped matter & still got dotted by some ******** ***** of a warcock for 320 a tick (use imagination on the words blocked out)

con is always nice to have as it helps you survive that extra hit

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I'd make a template that capped both.
I used your caster temp but have given up Erinys Charm for now and getting Stone of Atlantis instead. Im getting the same spell range but miss out 15 points of utility by doing that. And I dont wanna have 6% matter as the last version, I have seen, of your caster temp have so I can´t cap it all. Will make a better atempt when I get hold of Erinys Charm.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ashala said:
lets say he gets nuked 3x500 by a body damaging spell - the 9% extra body resistance dosent only work on one spell, ill let you do the math from here

Sure but the 50 hits counts against all damage types, not sure there's an easy formula for it, tried numerous times to work out resists vs hits cap when doing templates

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Megalodon said:
I used your caster temp but have given up Erinys Charm for now and getting Stone of Atlantis instead. Im getting the same spell range but miss out 15 points of utility by doing that. And I dont wanna have 6% matter as the last version, I have seen, of your caster temp have so I can´t cap it all. Will make a better atempt when I get hold of Erinys Charm.
take eggy's template, change the belt to jacina's sash and put in silksteel soot stained boot's, put in harpy feather charm and redo SC and u got a very nice caster template.. im useing that and tbh it work's rly well, u get jacinas power charge 4 the whole grp witch is nice to support the cleric's when they go lop

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Megalodon said:

Ahh

I'd take body resist myself.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
take eggy's template, change the belt to jacina's sash and put in silksteel soot stained boot's, put in harpy feather charm and redo SC and u got a very nice caster template.. im useing that and tbh it work's rly well, u get jacinas power charge 4 the whole grp witch is nice to support the cleric's when they go lop
Sounds very intresting, will look into it.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Really doesnt matter what class/race your talking about: if body resist and +con arent capped your SC needs throwing away and starting again.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Really doesnt matter what class/race your talking about: if body resist and +con arent capped your SC needs throwing away and starting again.
no! all mids and hib's should leave those stat's as it will make it soo much ez'r to kill em :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom