Computer reboot problem?

G

Gabrial

Well, I had all the symptoms you guys mention with my Radeon card. I sent it back and got a Ti4600, installed and it was much more stable until finally it crashed again after about an hour. I was mortified!

So, I installed all manner of video drivers and motherboard drivers until I eventually found that my BIOS was 0.1 versions behind the most recent (1.29 instead of 1.30 I *think*). I flashed the BIOS and suddenly the problem went away.

Motherboard was an MSI VIA kt400 chipset - probably worth checking to make sure your BIOS is bang up to date. It was the most bizarre solution I've ever had - let me know if it works.

K

kinag

ok heres the weird part: i dont know what motherboard i have, i have tried SiSoft Sandra (didnt show what motherboard i have) and i tried bios and every thing, nothing showed it, i know i have a phoenix bios, but i dont want to fuck up my computer by installing wrong drivers and stuff..

B

Balbor

one answer to every PC question?

why is it the first thing people say when you tell them theres something wrong with your PC?

"Mr PC tech guy, my PC won't start up"

"... um yeah mate, have you updated your Drivers?"

"i would love too if my PC would start up"

"sorry can't really help you until you have updated your driver"

"you have no idea what's wrong with do you"

"Nope!"

G

Gabrial

Still got the disk or CD that came with it? Mine has an online update program that automatically checks the version of my BIOS and then looks on the manufacturers site for me and reports if there are any updates available.

It was scary doing it but looking back the system did most things for me. Failing that Im not sure how to find out what mb it is - where did you get the system from?

G

Gabrial

Think its probably because 90% of problems are driver related (in fact, all of mine have been apart from the time when it caught fire and the PSU exploded but then it wasnt too hard to spot the problem:))

T

Takhasis

FIXED MY PROBLEM :clap:

With the Asus Nforce2 Mobo, changed the memory timings from "optimal" to "aggressive" and, well, f*ck me if it aint as stable as a rock now \o/

K

kinag

Originally posted by Gabrial
Still got the disk or CD that came with it? Mine has an online update program that automatically checks the version of my BIOS and then looks on the manufacturers site for me and reports if there are any updates available.

It was scary doing it but looking back the system did most things for me. Failing that Im not sure how to find out what mb it is - where did you get the system from?

This you do that fixed your problem? if yes i will try!

checked out SiSoft Sandra again
System Chipset: ASUSTeK Computers Inc VT8363 /5 KT133 / KM133 System Controller

there.. thats my motherboard i think :)

G

Gabrial

Originally posted by kinag
This you do that fixed your problem? if yes i will try!

Thats what i did:) It works perfectly now

A

Aitch

oh and for all those ppl who have got more than one memory stick in their system - try running with just one stick, if it still crashes try another stick.
Make sure you fill the 1st memory slot (numbered on the motherboard either 0 or 1), dont just put the memory in the easiest to reach slot :)

G

Gabrial

Its been a while - hope this worked and didnt kill your board

A

-ag-bometal

idd,

got one "bad" memory stick in my system :)

100 mhz sdram in a 133mhz mobo hmmmmmz djeez what would my system chrash :)

i learned a new lesson to day:
Never install memory when u are drunk *g*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom