Computer randomly reboots

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
When I'm playing daoc sometimes my computer just reboots itself without any error messages. I can be playing for anything from 1 to about 5 hours before my comp will reboot. I've tried 3 different brands of RAM so im sure the memory isn't the problem, and the reboots only happen when I'm running TOA or catacombs, it's never happened whilst i've been running SI. Would appreciate if anyone would have any idea as to what the problem might be :)

System Specs:

asus A78NX nforce2 motherboard
1024 mb RAM
radeon 9600xt
antec 400W PSU

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
a few little things to think about:

1. Overheating (check all fans on the components with them are actually working)

2. anything in the event log if your using 2k/xp? (control panels/admin tools/event viewer)

3. Run something like 3DMark, on a loop it's a good way of doing a little stability test.

4. If you've changed drivers etc, try swapping out the graphics card if you can. Could easily be faulty memory on it. If not try a few versions of drivers for your card, older and newer.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Im positive its not an overheating problem. I have a good CPU cooler, and all my case fans are working. Also temps in the asus tool look fine, as well as in BIOS. Nothing in event log that looks out of the ordinary either. Haven't tried 3D mark in a while so will give that a whirl and let you know what happens :) I'd also like to point out that I'm now running with one stick of RAM and yet to crash, which leads me to believe a faulty mobo may be the problem?

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
K i just crashed with one stick.. Its really annoying i never have this prob in any other games I play and it never happens whilst running in SI mode :/

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like a gfx card issue then, like Kami says it could be faulty memory on it that is only accessed in ToA and Cata which are more gfx intensive clients then SI, or some such. Have you tried another gfx card?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It could be gfx drivers...you have removed all the unwanted files from previous drivers from your hardrive? if not then try searching for driver cleaner 3, but make sure you use it in safe mode.

It can also be the voltage of the cpu, what cpu are you using and what voltage?

It can also be sound drivers causing the problem too, usually under system device manager if you see a warning symbol next to a driver then you should install a different one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom